“Great experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamonera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 3,786 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Transit: Broad Street Line - Walnut Locust Station
Fulton, MD
“Great experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Dinner last night at jamonera was outstanding. Short rib and Brussels sprouts specials were a highlight. Nice wine list, moderately priced. Excellent service. Great looking restaurant too. We had several orders of the bacon wrapped dates. Awesome eggplant fries. Alaskan halibut was my favorite...perfect.

We will be back. Spread the word...this place is great.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Salisbury, Maryland
“restaurant review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

ate here while staying in philly for a weekend conference. staff courteous and pleasant in demeanor. Was able to sit outside on the sidewalk on a beautiful evening and watch the denizens of philadelphia amble past. Wait staff knowledgeable about the menu and the wines. Food quite good but not cheap. Would be willing to eat here again, but with so many restaurants yet untried in philly not good enough to bring me back before trying the others on my bucket list.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Nice Spanish themed tapas place. The wine selection was excellent. Not too much beer to choose though. The ham and cheese plates were good!

Visited June 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Over priced for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have to say that I have been visiting Philadelphia for the past two weeks and have been enjoying all types of cuisines at varying price points. Of all the meals I ate in this city, I have to say I was not impressed with the one I received from Jamonera. I ordered their seared scallops with cauliflower puree, grilled asparagus-charred corn salad, and warm chorizo-sherry vinaigrette for $18 and was not impressed. Honestly from the portion size and the taste it was a $10 dish at best.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great tapas dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had an excellent dinner at Jamonera, probably one of the best meals we've had in a long time! We sat at the bar and received average service there, not bad but not great. We both enjoyed everything we ordered. We had the jamon sampler, the pan con tomate, the melon and jamon, the hanger steak and the Spanish breakfast. The timing of the different tapas being delivered was perfect. We never had more than 2 tapas at a time, and we never felt rushed or felt like we were waiting for the next round. We had the bunuelos for dessert which was incredible. We will definitely return but will be sure to get a reservation so we can have a table.

• Visited August 2013