“Dad & Daughter Meal at Heirloom” 4 of 5 stars

(215) 242-2700
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Heirloom Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 3,843 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Accessible by SEPTA from the Chestnut Hill West and Chestnut Hill East Regional Rail Lines, or the Route 23 Bus.
Description: Heirloom Restaurant, located at the Top of the Hill Plaza in the scenic Chestnut Hill area of Philadelphia, specializes in Fine American Cookery. Seasonal, local ingredients are used in traditional recipes and preparations and creatively presented. Heirloom is a BYOB and welcomes you to bring your favorite bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal. Reservations are highly recommended.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Dad & Daughter Meal at Heirloom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My daughter and I went to Heirloom last night and enjoyed everything on our plates. We started off with a Little Gem Salad for her and the Crabcake over Shrimp Gumbo for me. I had a small taste of her salad and it was pretty good. The Gumbo was OK, with too much tomato for my taste, and I like tomato. For entrees I chose the Sea Bass & Scallops and she opted for a really good Short Rib dish. I enjoyed my choice and was happy the chef is very good with seafood, since I really don't like over-cooked seafood. We shared a donut dessert that we both liked. My biggest complaint with the restaurant is the noise level, which made it difficult for normal conversation. I never understand why, when a restaurant is noisy under normal conditions, why they insist on having loud music in the background to make it that much louder?

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia
“Nice concept, so-so execution”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We love the local-source, farm-to-table concept espoused by the Heirloom but were disappointed by our visit there. We went hungry and ordered appetizers as well as entrees so we could taste more things. However, everything we ordered seemed to be doused in thick sauce or flavored oil which interfered with the flavors of the ingredients. I guess I was expecting "fresh" tasting food that spoke for itself but what we got seemed fussy, filling, and over-worked. I felt that they were just trying too hard and the food was kind of smothered. No complaints about the service at all, everyone was friendly and prompt. We support the concept but just didn't enjoy the meal enough to go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Delectable cuisine in a friendly environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were there with friends who had booked a reservation a couple weeks in advance, so we had high expectations. Fortunately we were not disappointed. We ordered diversely from their menu and all 4 of us thought the food was terrific. The place is very unpretentious and plain, so you go there for the food which was top notch.

Wayne PA
“A modest brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

In spite of reading several good reviews, the three of us had a very modest brunch on Sunday. We had the crab cakes with eggs benedict, the beet salad and the short ribs. Nothing exeptional. Would not go again. The final blow was that a customer spent 20 minutes in the only small bathroom the restaurant had. The manager finally knocked on the door and said that the customer was leaving soon. Because there was a street fair on Germantown Avenue there were no other options for a "pit stop" Nothing like waiting 20 minutes for the bathroom to spoil a meal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
VA
“Great food, short chairs outside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our son and long-time girlfriend took us there for our birthdays and the food was excellent. We had appys including grilled octopus and wonderful entrees including duck, short ribs and crab/shrimp salad. All were well prepared! Service was good, but not outstanding. BYOB was also an excellent feature. If we had one suggestion, it would be to put cushions on the chairs outside where we sat as we were about 2 inches lower than we should have been for the table height. Cannot speak to seating inside. Bottomline, the food was well worth the experience...try it!!!

• Visited September 2013