“The place to stay in Philadelphia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anam Cara Accommodations

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
Anam Cara Accommodations
You added Anam Cara Accommodations to your Saves list
Extended Stay Apartments, Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, PA 19118 (Chestnut Hill)   |
Ranked #6 of 27 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Netherlands
“The place to stay in Philadelphia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

Wonderfull apartments in a very nice, green and save neighberhood (Chestnut Hill). Friendly owner and willing to go for an extra mile in service and make your stay pleasant and nice. Shops and groceries nearby. Excellent for a short trip to Philadelphia or an extended stay. Trainstation to city centre around the corner, it takes 24 minutes to be in the wonderfull city of Philadelphia. The area is suited to stay with (small) children, for example 2 playgrounds and parks nearby. We stayed here with 2 children for an extended stay untill december 2011.

Room Tip: There are 4 studio/apartements and 2 double bedroom apartements.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We were happy with each and every aspect of this place, window blinds could use some cleaning once a month or so...were a little dusty but I've been to good hotels which don't clean them sometimes like holiday inn so.....overall we give it a 5, we stayed there for a week with my family and it felt very safe and the owner is very cooperative and responsive.

• Stayed October 2011
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

My wife and I moved into Anam Cara for 2 months (July-Aug 2011). We had been living in Philadelphia, and had sold our house. Prior to moving into our new home we needed a furnished place to stay. We stayed in the 2 bedroom apt. Anam Cara was perfect. Fully furnished, with wireless internet and cable. The kitchen was very functional, and there was a washer and dryer in the apartment. A cleaning service was provided once a month, and on arrival the apartment was clean and comfortable. On top of all the great things about the apartment, the location could not be better. Close to the train (2 minute walk), and a block away from all the amenities in Chestnut Hill. Finally, the service was incredible. Friendly, prompt, and genuine in the desire to provide us with a comfortable stay. This was a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed in Apt. 3 for 2 months while attending graduate school. It’s a GREAT apartment and the landlord is wonderful. Parking is free and easy (right in front of the apartment). Chestnut Hill’s beautiful Germantown Avenue with its restaurants, banks, a pharmacy, farmer’s markets, grocery stores and great shops are within easy walking distance. The neighborhood is quiet and friendly. Fairmount Park is nearby. Be sure to see this great park, the river and Forbidden Drive (http://www.fairmountpark.org/ ). Take your bike, hiking boots, and running shoes! The regional rail is one block away for quick trips to downtown Philadelphia. I would HIGHLY recommend this rental to anyone staying in the Philly area! It’s the perfect stay in Philadelphia.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I stayed at Anam Cara during April and May 2011. I was in the studio apartment, which comprises a combined living room and bedroom, with a breakfast/dining room adjoining and kitchen (fully equipped with microwave, toaster, food blender, pots, pans, etc). The location is superb, with a choice of two train lines, and a bus service. Chestnut Hill is a quiet and friendly neighbourhood with excellent amenities. The house is very quiet, and felt like a home away from home.

The hosts are attentive without being invasive, and are on hand to deal with any request quickly and efficiently.

I highly recommend this accommodation for short and long-term stays, and will stay there again myself if I have the opportunity.

T

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
New Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

The apartment is very good even though the building is old. I really liked the service on two counts.

1. The owner gave me a 3 hour extension at no extra cost when I told her that I have a 20 hour flight back home. She rescheduled the appointment of lady who was to clean the apartment.

2. I was planning to take the train to the airport. However on reaching the station, I realized that trains were not plying because of track modernization. I called up the owner and requested her to get me a taxi. She was unsuccessful in getting me a taxi. She then contacted the lady who had come to clean the apartment who had completed the job ten minutes back. She got the lady to return back and then drop me at the airport. That was exceptional.

There are many books and magazines in the apartment. You just feel like home.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed at Anam Cara for a few months this past spring and the experience was pretty close to perfect. My apartment on the second floor had a great vibe - very peaceful and serene - a real feeling of coziness, but with plenty of space (including closet space so that I didn't feel like I was living out of my suitcases). The bed was super comfortable, which was another huge plus. The neighborhood was very enjoyable, great for walking, has fun shops and some really great food -- the Weaver's Way co-op and the Night Kitchen bakery were my favorites. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Anam Cara Accommodations? Share your experiences!