“queen for a day.........or long weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel

You added Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1715 Rittenhouse Square Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Rittenhouse Square Bed and Breakfast) (City Center West)   |
Special Price
Free Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Wichita, Kansas
“queen for a day.........or long weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I visited Philly with my mother to tour some museums and this hotel was the highlight of our stay! The staff was very friendly and attention to detail was amazing. The decor is lovely, everything was immaculate and nice additions like turn down service with chocolates at night, tea/coffee and cookies available all day in the lobby, and a delicious breakfast in a gorgeous "tea room" setting. Oh, and complimentary wine each day during cocktail hour! The rooms were thoughtfully arranged and even included a much needed large umbrella in the closet! The only minor negative is they do not have their own parking lot - but provide great info on parking options nearby that were reasonable and very safe for two women traveling alone. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Bromsgrove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We stayed at the Rittenhouse1715 for 3 nights duing a recent 3 weektrip to the USA. We loved it and cannot recommend it highly enough. The decor is very tasteful and done quite recently I would guess. If you want ultra modern and minimalistic then this is not for you. If you want regency style and taste then you will love it. It is like a very large house so there are stairs and it is not so easy to cart luggage around as in a large hotel with long straight corridors.We had some help with ours and it was all fine. We parked our car ouselves about 5 minutes walk away it was cheaper and quicker than some valet parking we had at some hotels and unless you are disabled in some way I can't see why you can't park your own car. The hotel recommended the nearest and cheapest.
Our room was lovely. It had everything we could want and more. Little extras like a complimentary newspaper,chocolates, water and free wi- fi were certainly more than we got at the Copley Plaza in Boston, where everything was extra and at some cost! We appreciated the wine when we got in from a hot day sightseeing. It gave us chance to meet some very interesting travellers from other places and to compare notes.
Breakfast is continental and more than enough for what you would need. It made a nice change from a lot of the stodge you get at some B/B's. The receptionists were always very helpful and printed out many itineraries for us.
Stay here you will love it.

GlobalTraveler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Wonderful stay, wonderful location, wonderful property. 23 immaculately renovated rooms in three conjoined brownstones, this is the definition of "boutique hotel." I spend over 100 nights a year in predominantly nice hotels, this is my all-time favorite because it's intimate and interesting. The continental breakfast is comprehensive (fresh fruit, assortment of muffins, bagels, coffee cake, juice and coffee), and served in a nice 'garden motif' setting on china. Very interested and unique property - wish I knew of more like it!

Berwick, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Very nice experience checking in. They helped us with dinner reservations, suggesting a great BYOB restaurant within walking distance. Room was clean and well stocked, towels and robes were fantastic. Quiet and charming.........a great place to stay.

ellicott city, md.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

my husband and I stayed at the Rittenhouse 1715 in Jan. During our stay I said we need to come back when the weather is nice to take advantage of the outdoor seating at local restaurants. This was our "come back". Once again the hotel room( 415), was spotless. We liked the room so much we requested it this time. We walked to Parc for drinks and appetiizers . We sat at one of the tables inside the open windows, it feels very European. The drinks were good, service great and the tomato tarte delicious. The Rittenhouse serves wine at 5:30 in the drawing room. Once again we met some very nice people while sharing some wine. My complaint in Jan. was no red wine. Only white this time too.I think they need to add cheese and crackers or little snacks to go along with the wine, pretzels kind of cheapen the HH. We have stayed in other small hotels and B&B's who offer wine in the afternoon. All have put out cheese and crackers or fruit and cheese to accompany the wine. One can only wish!! Maybe next time! Thanks for another great stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

I had booked a standard room for three nights but I am quite certain that I was treated to an upgrade. I had a lovely wood-panelled room with high ceilings, a fireplace, a cushy bed with elegant linens and very tasteful furniture. Housekeeping kept things spotless. The concierge was highly professional and helpful. Wi-fi was available without charge throughout the hotel. I couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

The biggest asset this quaint and upscale hotel has is its location. It is very close to Rittenhouse Square and therefore within walking distance of fabulous restaurants, quaint boutiques, well kept city park. It feels almost like a European city in this part, especially with its paved sidewalks.

This small hotel is over-the-top decorated in a frou-frou fashion. It boasts of celebrity guests such as Oprah Winfrey and Mikhail Baryshnikov! I don't know how they were treated but we had no one greet us, offer to take our luggage, or even park our car. Somehow, we didn't mind so much since the one person who was behind the desk was clearly trying his best, and was very friendly.

Our standard room had one small window overlooking an alley. The king size bed was very comfortable and we slept like babies, the sheets were luxury linens and felt great to sleep in. The bathroom was disappointing: the shower rod fell on my head as I was getting into the shower, the water leaked onto the floor. The faucet came undone from the sink. In order to reach for the toilet paper, you practically had to get into some complicated yoga position - not ergonomically placed. The towels weren't so luxurious. The trim is painted faux marble which made the bathroom seem cheap to me. Yet again, on the whole it didn't prevent us from having a good time.

We liked the general cleanliness of the place and the chocolate mint on our pillow, with a Fiji water at our nightstand held in a silver cooler - classy! Although the hotel seems under staffed, the staff that's there is very friendly and helpful.

I'm being a picky critic now: the breakfast that's included was sub-par. Nothing was fresh, except the fruit. The bread tasted old, the scones, the coffee. Everything is served on mis-matched china on formica table tops. Since there are no linens, it's clangy to eat breakfast. The cafe is in the basement and has no natural light.

Now that I've listed all my gripes, I would still recommend this place if you can get it for a decent price. I felt that we should have paid less than $200 for this room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!