“Personal service and excellent location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1715 Rittenhouse Square Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Rittenhouse Square Bed and Breakfast) (City Center West)   |
Special Price
Get 15% off and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Rochester, New York
“Personal service and excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was our first visit to Philadelphia and we couldn't have chosen a better hotel location. From start to finish of our 2 night stay, the service was excellent - from carrying our bags in from the car to bringing hot water and a selection of teas to our room after a long rainy day of sightseeing. The breakfast room was charming with its flowery china and American musical classics for our listening pleasure. The ambience was such a nice change from hotel chains. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor. Very quiet and good AC. Elevator only goes to 2nd floor but fine if you...

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Lake Forest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

1715 Rittenhouse is a charming small hotel with the pleasures of a bed and breakfast, but with the amenities of a standard hotel. The property is lovely with period furniture, fireplace in the room and a lovely and spacious bath. It is located on Rittenhouse Square, which is not the heart of Philadelphia, but a very nice area with parks and great restaurants in the surrounding area. What makes this property outstanding is the quality of the service. It is very personal and performed with respect and courteousness in every instance. Marian was so helpful with restaurant suggestions and support with an unexpected late arrival. I highly recommend this property for its charm, the beautiful and cozy rooms and the outstanding service.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked 8 days at this hotel and I must say that we were perfectly satisfied with the experience. Daniel, the general manager, and his staff, Marian, Tanya, Renee, Emma, Vincent, and kitchen staff including Linda and Cindy, and go-to guy Christian...all rendered exceptional service above and beyond anything we had expected, not just once, but every day! I highly recommend this hotel and hope your experience will be as nice as ours!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Moab, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

There are many nice touches (loved the mismatched china in the breakfast room, the water and chocolate with the turndown service). And you can't beat the location. To be fair, I think we had the worst room in the place -- in the back, tiny dark window- with an unruly air conditioning unit and then a repetitive machine roar in the wall. The staff was falling all over themselves to be nice, but ultimately it became a little unctuous, like they were trying to make up for the physical inadequacies with excessive concerns and apologias. They worked very hard to be welcoming but it sort of became annoying. A little pricey for ultimately what we got.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor in the back -- quiet but dark.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Maybe my expectations were too high because of the previous reviews. I was put in a room where I had to climb stairs with my luggage to get to. My request for a wake up call never happened. I was not comfortable in the bed (I know this is a very personal thing). And the handle to the shower kept coming off in my hand making it difficult to regulate the shower. Everyone was very pleasant, the free continental breakfast was ok, the location is great, the room was very adequate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I recently stayed 3 nights at this lovely boutique hotel located just around the corner from a beautiful park. The staff were so very helpful from the minute I arrived in every way imaginable, yet I never felt invaded or hovered over. They knew all the great places to get just what I needed. English beer? Right around the corner. Thai food, they were immediately helping me choose the perfect place. At 10:30 pm I was ironing my dress pants for court the next morning and made a mess with the steam. I called the front desk and I was instantly whisked down to the hotel's laundry room to remedy the problem. Generosity of spirit goes a long way toward making a traveler feel welcome and this place was overflowing with it. The rooms are beautiful, the common areas very comfortable and the breakfast couldn't have been better..I felt like a princess and never wanted to leave! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Philadelphia. Why would I, when I already have a home there at this elegant and cozy hotel? I wish I could give it 6 stars.

Room Tip: Get a quick tour of the hotel to get acquainted with the common areas where you can enjoy a glass of...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our first visit here this past weekend was because of a great deal. Our second visit will be because it exceeded every expectation. We had the smallest room and I loved how cozy and quaint it was. I would request the exact same room overlooking the pretty street below. The service is amazing at this hotel. The room was very clean and well laid out. The turndown touch was nice after a fun night out in the city. Free Breakfast was a little confusing at first but it was free and once we sorted out what to do we enjoyed the items. Rittenhouse is our favorite location and this hotel is truly in the heart of it all however it is also tucked away on a non-busy street so it was amazing how quiet the room was at night. This will become our #1 place to stay for when we travel to the city without our child.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor street side smallest room and it was perfect... so I do not think you co...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!