“Superior Boutique Venue” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel

You added Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1715 Rittenhouse Square Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Rittenhouse Square Bed and Breakfast) (City Center West)   |
Special Price
Free Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
New Jersey
“Superior Boutique Venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This 23 room boutique hotel is located on a side street just steps from Rittenhouse Square. Because it is located on a small side street, it feels much more secluded, is very quiet and yet its center city location makes in convenient to central Philly’s many attractions and the Walnut Street shopping district. The hotel is a composite of three buildings. There are three common rooms, the reception salon, an adjacent drawing room and the café which is located on the lower level.
The room was on the small side but very tastefully decorated and furnished. A vintage mirror was situated over the fireplace mantel. There was a queen bed, night stands with lamps, casual chair, desk over which a flat panel TV was mounted on the wall. There was a small closet which housed a personal safe. The bathroom was fixtured with a single basin vanity, commode and glass enclosed walk-in shower with rainfall showerhead and a hand held showerhead. The room was booked through one of Jetsetter’s sales at a rate of $259.00 inclusive of taxes.
A continental breakfast is included and served in the lower level café. Other breakfast fare is available at reasonable prices. The OJ is fresh squeezed on the spot. Complimentary wine is served in the late afternoon in the drawing room.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. Secure parking is available at a garage one block from the hotel. The overnight rate is $15.00.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was our second time at the rittenhouse 1715 and we were so glad we came back. It was a last minute getaway, but worked out great. We wound up getting the room from hotel tonight. The hotel is very nice, very clean and the staff is extremely pleasant.

Our room was very nice, the bed was comfortable and its a very quiet hotel. Very conveniently located, with very reasonable parking nearby. Breakfast is simple. anything more than a continental is extra, but still not too expensive and its well done.

Would strongly recommend!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Staff eager to please and best location.
Good value for all it has to offer. Low priced garage two blocks away. Near a wealth of museums and galleries. Open wine bar at 5:30 is nice treat before dinner. Multitude of great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2013
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just a block from Rittenhouse Square, this 23-room hotel is within walking distance (on a good day) of several major attractions. We walked to the Barnes, Rodin, and Museum of Art even though it was cold. We also walked for dinner to Vernick Food and Drink across the Square. The rooms (we had a standard) are modestly sized but well appointed. The staff was exceptional, always looking for ways to assist us. The one disappointment was the breakfast. The "continental" breakast is pretty meager -- pastries, a spare fruit bowl, and coffee or tea. There were only two choices of cereals and no granola. They offered eggs "any way" (excepted poached), bacon, omlets, and juice for an additional charge. We thought the offerings included with the room should have been greater. We did have the pleasure, however, of the chef's reasonably good accompaniment of jazz staples. On the whole, a very good experience.

Room Tip: Each floor is small, so a room away from the elevator is probably preferred. We had room 308, which...
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I took a big chance this time on my weekend in Philly. I consider myself a loyal customer but have two hotel brands I love...Kimpton and Sofitel. In Center City, it is always a hard choice as there are 2 of my favorites literally looking at each other from across the street---Sofitel and Palomar (Kimpton).
Not sure why, but I decided to try something new this weekend and booked The Rittenhouse 1715. As I am a frequent guest at Sofitel and Palomar in Philly, they know me by name and always do their best to upgrade me to a suite and let me check in early and check out late. Sofitel as late as 4pm. I am a member of both loyalty programs and I'm sure that helps.
The Rittenhouse 1715 is located a half a block from Rittenhouse Square. It is a charming small property--they say boutique hotel---I say B&B or inn. I arrived at noon and my room was not ready. I left my bags, expecting the worst--the standard 3 pm check in time. I was not even halfway down the block when they called me to tell me the room was ready 5 minutes after I left. Not only had my bags been taken to my room 5 minutes later when I came back, but the front desk manager walked me to my room and explained the perks of the hotel--a wine hour and a continental breakfast. He showed me my room and went over all the features --mini bar, free Wi-Fi and large flat screen TV as well as turn down service. Although there is no fridge stocked with drinks, the room has Dean & Deluca treats like nuts and chocolate all under $5. I love good products at a hotel. Win win. The bathroom was stocked with Molton Brown toiletries in all varieties.
The room --which was priced at $190 a night --was medium sized and quaint. The furniture is antique like with a roll up secretaries desk, a (comfy) king size bed, dresser, 2 night tables and a lounge chair. Very tasteful and on brand. What makes it more amazing is the modern amenities--a 40 inch flat screen, and iPhone dock. The lighting is well done with the choice of bright or dim. The bathroom is huge and modern with a classic feel.
The place is so quiet that you feel you are home alone. The front lobby has 24 hour staff that welcomes you back each time.
But here is the hidden gem. On demand movies by a company I have not heard of called XFinity on Demand. New releases are $4.99 and many independent same day as in theater releases are $6.99. Many are free. Unprecedented price and selection.
The dining room is set with fine china and features a yummy assortment of pastries and croissants. A full breakfast is made to order by a friendly chef for $8.
I can't say enough good things about this quaint gem. A definite recommend for those that like inns and B&B's.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Rittenhouse 1715 was a wonderful surprise for us on our return journey from
FL. to Maine. The location is great (google it). Vincent and Tanya greeted us outside when they saw us pull up in front. They were sweet, attentive, sincere, and unobtrusive. The 'lobby' is tasteful, spacious, and comfortable. (cookies too!) Our room was bliss--the shower especially. Frette towels, immaculate cotton sheets, complimentary water, and oh so much more. The key point is this: attention to detail is paramount here. The housekeepers take pride in their work--please remember them when you depart! Now, perhaps the 'piece de resistance'- the morning after:) saunter downstairs and immerse yourself in the delight of sensory experiences! Visual- perfectly set cafe tables (are we in Paris yet?), delicious petite pastries, bagels, and artisanal breads. I'm so sorry I have forgotten the wonderful hostess' name. Step up toward the music that will move you in the mañana -- Jamal will be your chef du jour - fresh egg dishes, 'in the moment'
squeezed juice, and much more.
Please remember these delightful breakfast hosts as well!! They, too, take great pride in attention to cleanliness and service!! I noticed that all the guests in the breakfast salon were very friendly.
My only wish is that all future guests remain kind and generous in spirit!!
Our farewell was as welcoming as our arrival. House manager (oops, my brain lapse here- Frankie???sorry) is the perfect house manager: friendly,
knowledgeable, and warm hearted!
We have no vested interest in our review except when people take pride in their work, we must all take notice, in words and gratuities!

• Stayed March 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay there this month. It was the first time that I had traveled on my own and everyone was so nice and helped me out with directions of all the places I wanted to see. I almost felt right at home. My room was clean and comfortable and I felt really safe since I'm a senior citizen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!