“Lovely in every aspect!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1715 Rittenhouse Square Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Rittenhouse Square Bed and Breakfast) (City Center West)   |
Special Price
Get 15% off and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Portland, Maine
“Lovely in every aspect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Rittenhouse 1715 was a wonderful surprise for us on our return journey from
FL. to Maine. The location is great (google it). Vincent and Tanya greeted us outside when they saw us pull up in front. They were sweet, attentive, sincere, and unobtrusive. The 'lobby' is tasteful, spacious, and comfortable. (cookies too!) Our room was bliss--the shower especially. Frette towels, immaculate cotton sheets, complimentary water, and oh so much more. The key point is this: attention to detail is paramount here. The housekeepers take pride in their work--please remember them when you depart! Now, perhaps the 'piece de resistance'- the morning after:) saunter downstairs and immerse yourself in the delight of sensory experiences! Visual- perfectly set cafe tables (are we in Paris yet?), delicious petite pastries, bagels, and artisanal breads. I'm so sorry I have forgotten the wonderful hostess' name. Step up toward the music that will move you in the mañana -- Jamal will be your chef du jour - fresh egg dishes, 'in the moment'
squeezed juice, and much more.
Please remember these delightful breakfast hosts as well!! They, too, take great pride in attention to cleanliness and service!! I noticed that all the guests in the breakfast salon were very friendly.
My only wish is that all future guests remain kind and generous in spirit!!
Our farewell was as welcoming as our arrival. House manager (oops, my brain lapse here- Frankie???sorry) is the perfect house manager: friendly,
knowledgeable, and warm hearted!
We have no vested interest in our review except when people take pride in their work, we must all take notice, in words and gratuities!

• Stayed March 2013

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay there this month. It was the first time that I had traveled on my own and everyone was so nice and helped me out with directions of all the places I wanted to see. I almost felt right at home. My room was clean and comfortable and I felt really safe since I'm a senior citizen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SAINT LOUIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first trip to Philadelphia, and I was looking for something in the city center away from the major tourist attractions. I couldn't have been happier with the location of the Rittenhouse 1715. It's just a block off of the lovely Rittenhouse Square - within walking distance of pretty much everything, but so amzaingly quiet. The three story hotel is really tucked away, and my room faced an alley way. At night I couldn't hear a sound. This is a first for me, staying in a big American city. The room was very comfy and the folks at the front desk were incredibly nice and helpful. It's worth every penny staying there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Danville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

A lovely boutique hotel with absolutely delightful staff. Gracious foyer. Spacious room with fireplace. Fresh bath with roomy tile shower. Frette linens. Drawing room. Wine hour. Ample continental and 'to-order' breakfast in a 'subterranean cafe' atmosphere. Peaceful. Relaxing. Great location convenient to dining, retail, museums, etc. Just a wonderful place to stay in Philadelphia. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for two nights while we attended the Philadelphia Flower Show. It is a wonderful little gem in the middle of the frenetic city. It is peaceful and has a very European feel. The front desk staff could not be friendlier or more helpful. They gave us great tips on where to have dinner and even took care of dinner reservations for us. Breakfast was yummy and a very pleasant experience as the staff there was friendly and wonderful as well. We will definately will stay here for next years trip as well.

Pop into the tavern around the corner "Rittenhouse Bar and Tavern" for appetizers and wonderful fresh cocktails.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Rittenhouse 1715 is a charming boutique hotel situated in a delightful area of Philadelphia's city center. The Rittenhouse 1715's staff were above and beyond friendly and helpful and our 'junior suite', along with the rest of the hotel, was beautifully furnished. This hotel has a unique and special charm; which is incomparable to any chain 'Marriott' type hotels.

My only gripe with our stay was that we were rather disappointed with the fireplace in the junior suite; it didn't live up to our expectations (or the hotel's website's implications), in that it was electric and akin to a television picture of a fireplace. Also the jacuzzi bathtub had some sort of debris emitting from its jets. Having said that, we had a very pleasant stay in the Rittenhouse 1715 and will return.

Our suite was tastefully decorated, the bed was comfortable, the staff were lovely, and there was free bottled water in the room and even better, free wine in the evening! What more could you ask for in a hotel?!

Room Tip: Don't have high expectations of the fireplace in the junior suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a charming boutique hotel in a great location just a short walk to shops and restaurants in Rittenhouse Square. It is a great alternative to the larger Philadelphia hotels. The staff is super friendly and helpful. We had a lovely room on the 3rd floor. It was spacious and clean. They provide a very nice continental breakfast in the cafe which you can upgrade to hot breakfast such as pancakes for a fee. In addition they offer fresh squeezed juice and smoothies. There are yummy cookies in the lobby all day and you can also get coffee or tea. There is no on site parking but the lot that the staff recommended was a few short blocks away and reasonably priced. We were also able to walk to the Franklin Institute. The only negative part of our stay was another guest at breakfast who yelled into his cellphone and then proceeded to discuss the call with his wife-swearing included. I guess he thought he was the only one in the cafe!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!