“A very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1715 Rittenhouse Square Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Rittenhouse Square Bed and Breakfast) (City Center West)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
Daytona Beach, Florida
“A very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay there this month. It was the first time that I had traveled on my own and everyone was so nice and helped me out with directions of all the places I wanted to see. I almost felt right at home. My room was clean and comfortable and I felt really safe since I'm a senior citizen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
SAINT LOUIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first trip to Philadelphia, and I was looking for something in the city center away from the major tourist attractions. I couldn't have been happier with the location of the Rittenhouse 1715. It's just a block off of the lovely Rittenhouse Square - within walking distance of pretty much everything, but so amzaingly quiet. The three story hotel is really tucked away, and my room faced an alley way. At night I couldn't hear a sound. This is a first for me, staying in a big American city. The room was very comfy and the folks at the front desk were incredibly nice and helpful. It's worth every penny staying there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Danville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

A lovely boutique hotel with absolutely delightful staff. Gracious foyer. Spacious room with fireplace. Fresh bath with roomy tile shower. Frette linens. Drawing room. Wine hour. Ample continental and 'to-order' breakfast in a 'subterranean cafe' atmosphere. Peaceful. Relaxing. Great location convenient to dining, retail, museums, etc. Just a wonderful place to stay in Philadelphia. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for two nights while we attended the Philadelphia Flower Show. It is a wonderful little gem in the middle of the frenetic city. It is peaceful and has a very European feel. The front desk staff could not be friendlier or more helpful. They gave us great tips on where to have dinner and even took care of dinner reservations for us. Breakfast was yummy and a very pleasant experience as the staff there was friendly and wonderful as well. We will definately will stay here for next years trip as well.

Pop into the tavern around the corner "Rittenhouse Bar and Tavern" for appetizers and wonderful fresh cocktails.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Rittenhouse 1715 is a charming boutique hotel situated in a delightful area of Philadelphia's city center. The Rittenhouse 1715's staff were above and beyond friendly and helpful and our 'junior suite', along with the rest of the hotel, was beautifully furnished. This hotel has a unique and special charm; which is incomparable to any chain 'Marriott' type hotels.

My only gripe with our stay was that we were rather disappointed with the fireplace in the junior suite; it didn't live up to our expectations (or the hotel's website's implications), in that it was electric and akin to a television picture of a fireplace. Also the jacuzzi bathtub had some sort of debris emitting from its jets. Having said that, we had a very pleasant stay in the Rittenhouse 1715 and will return.

Our suite was tastefully decorated, the bed was comfortable, the staff were lovely, and there was free bottled water in the room and even better, free wine in the evening! What more could you ask for in a hotel?!

Room Tip: Don't have high expectations of the fireplace in the junior suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a charming boutique hotel in a great location just a short walk to shops and restaurants in Rittenhouse Square. It is a great alternative to the larger Philadelphia hotels. The staff is super friendly and helpful. We had a lovely room on the 3rd floor. It was spacious and clean. They provide a very nice continental breakfast in the cafe which you can upgrade to hot breakfast such as pancakes for a fee. In addition they offer fresh squeezed juice and smoothies. There are yummy cookies in the lobby all day and you can also get coffee or tea. There is no on site parking but the lot that the staff recommended was a few short blocks away and reasonably priced. We were also able to walk to the Franklin Institute. The only negative part of our stay was another guest at breakfast who yelled into his cellphone and then proceeded to discuss the call with his wife-swearing included. I guess he thought he was the only one in the cafe!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Torrington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We'd been wanting to try Rittenhouse 1715 for some time, based on its location and many of the reviews we've read here. We finally had the opportunity to spend a night there - last night in fact! What an excellent experience. Even before we arrived, our experience exceptional. The day I made the reservation, I received a call from the concierge asking if there was anything they could do to be helpful - even in advance of our arrival. I have never - ever - been called by a hotel before my arrival looking to make the experience easier. Incredible! The property itself is ideally located in the heart of Center City, Philadelphia, close to loads of restaurants, shopping, museums, etc., many within easy walking distance. The hotel is small - only 23 rooms - which makes for a more personalized experience. Our room was good sized, and very well decorated, with wood paneled walls and bookcases and even a working fireplace, although the fire was faux. Still a great touch. The amenities were first rate. The only negative was that the carpet in the room was clearly in need of either a good cleaning, or replacement, but that was a very minor detail. Our room overlooked the street, but it was very quiet nonetheless; the street had virtually no traffic even though it's in the heart of the city. It's almost a step back in time. The hotel offers a complementary continental breakfast in a charming breakfast room which was simple but more than adequate with coffee, fresh fruit and pastries. There is also the option to get eggs, waffles, pancakes, etc. for a very minimal additional charge. We've been traveling to Philly for a number of years and have stayed at other boutique hotels which we have also enjoyed very much, but I wish we had tried this property sooner. It's hard to overstate how nice this place is!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!