“Lovely” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel

You added Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1715 Rittenhouse Square Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Rittenhouse Square Bed and Breakfast) (City Center West)   |
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newport Beach, California
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is exceptional beyond words! The staff is excellent. I got in at 7pm and it was dark so the front office lady parked my car 2 blocks down for me. I was in the Rittenhouse suite and it was gorgeous and so clean! Clean is a major thing with me. This place sparkles! The room had 2 TVs and it had tons of channels which is so rare. The bathroom was a good size with great towels and toiletries. The shower had a rain shower head plus a hand held and was big enough for 2. I could go on and on. But I know one thing, I will always stay here when I come back to this city.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

In Rittenhouse Square, this small (23 room) hotel has more support staff than customers - or so it seems. From the pre-contact by the conciege, to the smiling greeting on arrival, to the daily hellos and goodbyes, to the final farewell, the staff was the best I have ever dealt with. The room was a good size and comfortable, the beds were soft and plush if you like it that way (I do not but I was very comfortable anyway), the continental breakfast (and service) were much better than advertised - and everything was in walking distance (assuming weatehr cooperates) of 90% of what we wanted to do on holiday. And price was very minimally more that lesser budget hotels. You'll enjoy your stay!!

Room Tip: All rooms seemed like they would be quiet. Front rooms on quiet street but opposite small public par...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This lovely hotel is one half block from Rittenhouse Square. It has been beautifully restored with great attention to detail. It is a wonderful departure from the chain hotels.
Service is exceptional. The staff goes above and beyond, as they did in our case. Because our room was not ready when we arrived early for check in, we were upgraded to a room with a fireplace. They also provided a rollaway bed at no additional charge. They actually remembered who we were each time we traveled through the lobby area, and this on a one night stay.
I highly recommend this property. It will be my go-to in Philadelphia from now on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chevy Chase, Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Lovely intimate and comfortable refuge. Very very friendly and thoroughly professional staff. A touch of luxury, yet cozy. Decent breakfast. Wine get-together late afternoons. Within walking distance of lots of super restaurants. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Rittenhouse 1715 for seven nights from 5-12 December 2012 for a city break to Philadelphia.
All the staff were warm, friendly and extremely helpful. On quite a number of occasions, we were offered a complimentary cup of tea when we returned from a day's sightseeing in Philly - which was a most welcome gesture for a couple from England.
The Rittenhouse 1715 is a really charming and cosy hotel, it felt more like we were staying at a friend's home rather than a hotel.
The complimentary breakfast was fine offering breads, pastries, fruit and hot drinks.
The location was great just off Rittenhouse Square with restaurants, cafes and diners all close by.
We definitely recommend this hotel to all who are planning a trip to Philadelphia.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Located centrally in Philadelphia, this small and utterly charming hotel is a real find. Upon arrival in Philly, I dropped my bag off at the hotel and was assured that I'd find it in my room when I came back from work. And indeed, it was in my room as promised. The lobby is beautifully but not ostentatiously furnished and is welcoming, as is the staff.I felt like I was visiting a friend's house because of all the personal touches. On couple of occasions I had to ask for help and received it promptly. My room was clean, comfortable and attractive.

There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning, in an equally appealing setting. Individual tables were set with cloth napkins and mix and match porcelain china, again a personal touch.
The complimentary breakfast (self-service) is continental style, but one can order additional items such as eggs.

All in all this was a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Martensville, Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Was not sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised.
Everything was fantastic. People were polite and helpful ( Thank you Vincent) and were always willing to give us advice. We were in town for a football game and were told exactly how to get there.

The room was fantastic, the only downside was that the box spring would not stay on the rails. And the shower made an annoying sound but both things were nothing major.

I wish i skipped my NYC trip and spent all of thanksgiving in Philadelphia at this little slice of heaven.

Thank you to the staff at the Rittenhouse 1715 for making our engagement trip fantastic.

Room Tip: We were in 307? and love everything about it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!