“A lovely boutique hotel in the heart of Philadelphia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1715 Rittenhouse Square Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Rittenhouse Square Bed and Breakfast) (City Center West)   |
Special Price
Get 15% off and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Chevy Chase, Md
“A lovely boutique hotel in the heart of Philadelphia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Lovely intimate and comfortable refuge. Very very friendly and thoroughly professional staff. A touch of luxury, yet cozy. Decent breakfast. Wine get-together late afternoons. Within walking distance of lots of super restaurants. Highly recommended.

378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Rittenhouse 1715 for seven nights from 5-12 December 2012 for a city break to Philadelphia.
All the staff were warm, friendly and extremely helpful. On quite a number of occasions, we were offered a complimentary cup of tea when we returned from a day's sightseeing in Philly - which was a most welcome gesture for a couple from England.
The Rittenhouse 1715 is a really charming and cosy hotel, it felt more like we were staying at a friend's home rather than a hotel.
The complimentary breakfast was fine offering breads, pastries, fruit and hot drinks.
The location was great just off Rittenhouse Square with restaurants, cafes and diners all close by.
We definitely recommend this hotel to all who are planning a trip to Philadelphia.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Located centrally in Philadelphia, this small and utterly charming hotel is a real find. Upon arrival in Philly, I dropped my bag off at the hotel and was assured that I'd find it in my room when I came back from work. And indeed, it was in my room as promised. The lobby is beautifully but not ostentatiously furnished and is welcoming, as is the staff.I felt like I was visiting a friend's house because of all the personal touches. On couple of occasions I had to ask for help and received it promptly. My room was clean, comfortable and attractive.

There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning, in an equally appealing setting. Individual tables were set with cloth napkins and mix and match porcelain china, again a personal touch.
The complimentary breakfast (self-service) is continental style, but one can order additional items such as eggs.

All in all this was a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Martensville, Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Was not sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised.
Everything was fantastic. People were polite and helpful ( Thank you Vincent) and were always willing to give us advice. We were in town for a football game and were told exactly how to get there.

The room was fantastic, the only downside was that the box spring would not stay on the rails. And the shower made an annoying sound but both things were nothing major.

I wish i skipped my NYC trip and spent all of thanksgiving in Philadelphia at this little slice of heaven.

Thank you to the staff at the Rittenhouse 1715 for making our engagement trip fantastic.

Room Tip: We were in 307? and love everything about it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I created a tripadvisor account in order to leave a 5 star review for this fabulous boutique hotel! Great location, outstanding service, clean and spacious rooms, extremely comfortable beds, and lovely amenities. My husband and I visited Philly and could not have been more pleased with the attentive staff or the comfortable and quiet rooms. The location is on a quiet side street to the beautiful Rittenhouse Square Park. There is shopping and great dining all within easy walking distance. What more could you want?

We will be sure to return to Rittenhouse 1715 during any future stays to Philly and only wish such a hotel were available wherever we traveled!

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

A group of old high school friends gathered in Philly for the 2012 Army-Navy football game. We rented several rooms for three nights at and could not have been happier with our stay. The rooms were ready for us promptly at check-in and room service and house keeping were excellent throughout our stay. The staff was attentive to our needs, especially as we gathered in the common area for conversation and wine. They were also quite helpful suggesting restaurants and routes and arranging for cab service at the end of our stay. The first night, there was one minor problem with my room which we reported in the AM and was resolved completely by the time we returned later in the day. The brunch offering is limited, but what is offered is well prepared. Our group is planning to return again next December and will definitely make the Rittenhouse our first choice.

Room Tip: Our group was happy with each of the seven rooms we rented. The presidential suite was expensive bu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Staten Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Fabulous location!! I traveled to Philly with my husband, sister and brother in law. We had a lovely weekend! The weather was in the 80's! I was very pleased with my room. The room was clean and very tastefully done. The bathroom was also very clean and the rain shower was absolutely great, I didn't want to come out of the shower. The bed was absolutely heavenly!! My only objection was the Cafe. In such a quaint and boutique style hotel this cafe was so out of place. I just was not pleased with the breakfast. My pancakes were tasteless and on the second morning of our stay there were fruit flies all over the fruit and none of the staff seemed to notice. They should really rethink that aspect of the Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jarred3838, Owner at Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
We're grateful that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at our hotel. And, it sounds like you enjoyed our Frette linens coupled with our super comfortable beds. Lastly, thank you for mentioning our breakfast experience. Currently, we offer the cities only fresh juice in a hotel setting. And, the freshness of our fruit layout has attracted fruit flies from time to time- we do have a process that takes care of this issue. We're sorry that they decided to come back during your recent stay- we've rectified the issue. And, we're hoping that they choose not to visit again anytime soon! Lastly, Rittenhouse 1715 is in the very process of making our breakfast into a one of a kind experience. By the middle of January, we will be unveiling our new culinary experience. And, we invite you to join as soon as you return.

Been to Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!