“Comfort and convenience with quality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Inn at Penn

You added Hilton Inn at Penn to your Saves list
Hilton Inn at Penn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3600 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (University City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Unbeatable PKG From $149
Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Fe, NM, United States
“Comfort and convenience with quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The convenience to the trolley was great - right on the corner. We were surprised by the restaurant which offered a great menu with finely prepared and presented meals. The room was spacious, quiet and very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

nbarag, Manager at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay. We do have a great location with convenient access to the trolley, center city, the beautiful river walk and of course the Penn Campus. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful Italian Restaurant, Penne. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Cumming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

What a wonderful hotel. Classic lobby with updated rooms and amenities. The iPad interface is cool but don't expect too much. Great staff, great room, great sleep, I will stay here on my next trip to Philly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the wonderful feedback of your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that we are your first choice when visiting Philadelphia. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I just visited this hotel last week. I travel for my work and visit a lot of Hilton hotels. I have to say, there is something about this hotel and it's staff that really stands out. They have a service culture that rivals that of a Ritz Carlton. I was impressed with how high tech the room was and how easy everything worked in the room. The room was well appointed and I had everything I need when traveling so often. I also used the meeting space and the rooms were lovely, the A/V great, and the catered food was awesome. Overall I give this place 5 stars!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay at our hotel. We will be sure to share your compliments with our staff, as we strive to provide professional service and go out of our way to exceed the expectations of our guests. Both our Evolve Systems and our iPad Concierge in all of the guest rooms have proven to be great features enjoyed by many of our guests. We hope you will choose to stay with us again soon.
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Smartly laid out, excellent furniture choices, make rooms feel larger than they are. Smart and generous amenities (including an iPad). The same phenomenon extends to the bathrooms, opaque glass paneled bathroom door, advanced lighting throughout, luxurious amenities, really make this a stand out, and welcoming, place to stay. Parking is pricey but in line with local rates. Great location, leave the car at home, you won't need it, and you'll save $50 ($40 plus tipping) per day.

Customer service knocked a star off. It varied from impeccable to belligerent. It was an exercise in extremes. The front desk greeted me like the prodigal son when I arrived, yet the morning front desk attendant refused to make eye contact and was flat out mean when I asked for a newspaper. The breakfast hostess greeted me with open arms, but the egg chef was actually hostile at being asked to move from where he stood, even though the restaurant was virtually empty and it appeared this young man had not moved in hours. It was so offensive I cancelled my egg order and moved on.

Did not visit the fitness amenities unfortunately.

I would easily stay again despite the experience with a couple staff members, but probably not a third if it happens again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
westport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Perhaps the most accommodating staff I have ever encountered. They staff remained friendly and helpful in spite of being busy. The hotel is near the universities and restaurants. The hotel is clean and modern. The rooms are large and the beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Elizabeth H-
Thank you for the great review of your recent stay. We do like to think we have the best staff in Philly, as they care so well for our guests! Our location is perfect near the universities, center city, shopping, attractions, and many delicious restaurants. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Yardley, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Inn at Penn was an excellent choice for our overnight stay in Philadelphia. The hotel was recently renovated and offered all the services any Hilton guest could expect. The bed was so comfortable, the bathroom was quite luxurious and our stay far exceeded our expectations. The parking is expensive to valet overnight 40 bucks but we had booked the room in advance and had a rate of $113 a night, so in the end I guess it washes out. There is a nice selections of restaurants in the area and this property far outshines the 70's style Sheraton around the corner. Overall this was an wonderful winter retreat for two gladly appreciate parents greatly in need of a night out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
nbarag, Director of Sales at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hello and Happy New Year! We are thrilled that you thouroughly enjoyed your recent stay at the Hilton Inn at Penn. Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We are very proud of our "hidden gem" and staff. We love that we are so well thought of by our past guests hope not to stay a 'hidden" gem. We look forward to your return visit. Regards, Nancy Barag
Ardsley, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had occasion to stay at the Inn at Penn during a snowstorm. Even though I live in the area, I had an appointment at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital and thought staying nearby would be prudent.

As mentioned in other reviews the rooms are well appointed and fresh. Room lights and HVAC are activated by inserting your key card in a device near the door.

Downside was the restaurant. Room service did not answer the phone. I made 3 attempts to call over a half hour period. Another guest had complained about the same issue as I was checking in, and a member of the front desk went down to the restaurant to resolve the problem at that time. I was disappointed that it was not resolved when I called. I ended up eating in the restaurant. I found service to be on the slow side, the wait staff tended to congregate near the kitchen and no one staffed the host stand (where the phone for room service was, hence the lack of an answer). The food was generally good but on the pricy side.

Breakfast is normally served on the lobby level but was moved to the main restaurant due to renovations.

On a separate note, the front desk and bell staff that attended to me when I checked in at 6 PM were still in duty to check me out at 9 AM the next morning, due to the storm. They appeared fresh and were very pleasant. Kudos to them for the long hours and professionalism! Job well done.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our fresh rooms and we will be sure to pass on your kudos to our staff. We apologize for the inconvenience with Room Service, and will definitely be looking into this to be sure it does not happen again. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, as this is the only way we can improve. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Been to Hilton Inn at Penn? Share your experiences!