“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Inn at Penn

Save Saved
You added Hilton Inn at Penn to your Saves list
Hilton Inn at Penn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3600 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (University City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best Philly Overnight Pkg
Ranked #4 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here because my brother and I had early appointments at the UPenn Hospital and live out of town. The rooms were clean and from my understanding, recently renovated. The beds were very comfortable, the decor was pleasant, and the location was perfect. The hotel is right next to the UPenn bookstore and there were places to buy everything from food to clothing to toiletries within a couple of blocks.

The best thing about the hotel was the customer service. A few things stood out with regard to the interactions had with employees that work there. The most pleasant occurrence had to do with our room location. Initially, our room was about as far away from the elevator as possible. My brother was very sick and going back and forth from the room to the lobby took a lot of energy out of him. When realizing how far we were and what a toll it would take on him, I called the front desk asking if it were possible to move closer to the elevators. Not only were they extremely accommodating but they also brought the new key cards to us in out old room instead of having me go down to exchange them with our current cards. In addition, they offered to carry our bags and did not expect us to return the old card keys to the front desk.

Another nice surprise happened when I received a personal note from the manager of reservations welcoming me to the hotel and wishing me and my brother a good stay. Reiterating what she had said when I spoke with her to make the reservation, that if we needed anything, we should not hesitate to ask. I thought it was just a nice gesture from her.

Finally, any staff that we had any interaction or exposure to was extremely polite and helpful. I have no doubt that I will stay here again if I ever need to stay in the UPenn area. Great place and a completely fantastic experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

605 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The facility is lovely! The normal accomodations that you expect from a Hilton have been upgraded. In room ipads were new to me and very enjoyable. The valet parkers were so nice and very helpful. The bell staff always had a smile and were extremely friendly and helpful. If you want a lovely place that is near Drexel and Penn, I do highly recommend The Inn at Penn. Breakfast is very nice with a chef available to cook any type of omelette that you choose. I had an egg white omelette loaded up with fresh veggies and some Greek yogurt with fresh fruit. Others had ham and cheese omelette with a side fo bacon!! Of course it is a bit pricey, but the accomodations truly are lovely, and sometimes we just deserve to feel special!!

Room Tip: I had myself and my two teenage daughters with me. I booked a room with two double beds, but when I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Classy hotel, with classy living room, good breakfast and clean and large rooms
Lobby is on second floor... two entrances from 2 streets may be confusing
Just across the street from uPenn and Wharton, with the bookstore just aside.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed here on business when visiting UPenn, and it is the best location. You can get up and literally walk just 2 min to the business school. There are some fast food places a short walk away as well, and the subway is very close if you need to go into Philly. Its a quiet area, but has everything you really need.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This is by far one of the best hotels I've stayed in. Rooms are clean, newly renovated, and equipped with the latest technology (iPad controls, DirecTv, iHome radio). Front desk staff went above and beyond to ensure my needs were met.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bethesda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great rooms (iPad is a nice perk!), extremely comfortable bed and wonderful service. Perfectly located for visiting UPenn. Have stayed here many times with family and it is our first choice when visiting the campus. Note that prices fluctuate greatly throughout the year and sometimes you need to reserve way in advance if there's a big event on campus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Breakfast at the Inn at Penn is an enjoyable experience. It is where I stop to eat after early morning church service. I find the physical environment clean, the ambience pleasant and food fresh and traditional. The main room wall consists of windows which allows the sunlight to brighten the entire room. Omelettes and waffles are made to your specifications in your presence. Fresh fruit are always available. - The service providers are pleasant and very willing to help and the manager is always present to assist patrons.
T.Koger

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Inn at Penn? Share your experiences!