“Impressed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Inn at Penn

You added Hilton Inn at Penn to your Saves list
Hilton Inn at Penn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3600 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (University City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Unbeatable PKG From $149
Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersSilver level
High Wycombe
“Impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Used my Hilton honours points to stay here for the night on a road trip up the east coast. Valet parking was slick, as was check in, as was the suite we were upgraded to.

This place, while disappointing that there is no bar, is an excellent place to stay. They even give you an iPad for you to use, letting sort out when you want to pick you car up check your bill etc etc.

Impressed.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
nbarag, Director of Sales at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hello and thank you for your thoughtful comments on the Inn at Penn, A hilton Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed yourself however disappointed that we didn't let you know about our two bars. One bar is on the lobby level in the Living Room and it is open in the evening. Our other bar is on the lower lobby level in Penne Restaurant and Wine Bar. We offer specialty cocktails and an extensive wine list hand picked by our very own Master Sommelier. We do hope you will come back again very soon. We thank you for being our guest! Best, Nancy Barag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Penn for a quick weekend getaway. We traveled in late summer, so prices in Philly were still relatively high. We found that this hotel was a good value for the money.

Location: Adjacent to the campuses of UPenn and Drexel. This is a lovely area with many restaurants and bars nearby. It only takes a few minutes to drive into downtown Philly, depending on traffic. We loved this area of the city.

Parking: Hotel offers valet parking, for a price you would expect of a big city. Service was prompt and the attendants were customer focused.

Check-in: Routine check-in. The front desk staff could have been more polished. I remember having to speak to them first during check-in. However the check-in was seamless and since we only stayed one night, this was fine.

Accommodations: The room was nice. Everything seemed clean and the decor was updated. The only downside of our room was the lack of view. I believe we overlooked the roof of the adjacent building. It was cool that the room came with an iPad that allowed you to search the web and order services.

Food: We tried the breakfast buffet on Sunday. It left much to be desired. Its certainly not worth more than $10-$15 at most.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Inn at Penn is a Hilton property located literally across the street from the main University of Pennsylvania campus. With that location comes a variety of nearby eateries, shops, and cultural venues. I actually stayed the night "Super Storm Sandy" hit the area. There must be super soundproof windows as I heard nothing..no wind, no rain, no storm noise. I realized a full hurricane storm was raging only if I looked out the window. The employees are cordial, efficient and the room was comfortable with modern furnishings, including an in room iPad to use to keep up with email and other internet business. Like many newer hotels I only wish the window could have opened just a bit as I always miss fresh air in many sealed hotel rooms. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again as its location and ambience was quite a find in the middle of a large urban area.

Room Tip: I was on the fourth floor and could hear no traffic even though my room did face a busy street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This Hilton-run hotel is on the Penn campus and very close to Drexel. Local bus and subway line stops with rapid connection to center city are minutes away, making this a convenient place to stay if you need to get to center city Philadelphia. The rooms are spacious, recently updated, very nicely decorated and very quiet. Penne restaurant, the hotel restaurant, has very good Italian food at reasonable prices. Public spaces are superb, including a library lounge. The staff are very accommodating. A wide variety of cafes and restaurants are within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the street side might be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I read that the Penn Tower had bad reviews so this is the second closest hotel to the Penn campus and hospitals. Despite being an "Inn" this is a true 4* hotel. Super comfy beds, clean and high end bathrooms and courteous staff. I've stayed her several times on overnight business trips and would definitely recommend this place as the spot to be around the Penn campus. Best to use discount rate since regular price can be high. The breakfast buffet is also fantastic with custom made omelettes!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Greenwich,CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I sayed at this hotel in a suite with a separate living /dining area, bedroom, spacious bath and kitchenette during our Univeristy of Pennsylvania's alumni Homecomiong Weekend.
I booked the Philly Leisure package which is an exceptional value including full breakfast each morning, free parking, $25 credit at Penne restaurant, and 4 subway tokens. The suite was spacious with upscale furnishings, fixtures and walls of windows. The cost was the same for a suite at the Sheraton University City a block away but without the amenities. There is no comparison! I even took pictures of the luxurious bathroom so that I can renovate my bathroom at home in the same style and design!
Lynette in accounting at the executive office was very efficient and helped me with an item on my bill after I departed. She was efficient, pleasant, and provided excellent customer service.
I will be staying at the Inn at Penn frequently now that my son is a student there!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stay in this hotel with my wife for one week. The rooms are spacious, luxury decorated with all the benefits of modern hotel. The location is great for visitors of the University of Philadelphia and the restaurant serves very good food for reasonable prices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Inn at Penn? Share your experiences!