“Love this neighborhood cafe in West Philly” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Love this neighborhood cafe in West Philly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

While visiting my daughter in Philly recently, I had the opportunity to visit The Gold Standard Cafe several times as it's within walking distance of her place. I love this place and their versatile menu. First of all, they serve La Colombe coffee which is the best in Philly. I was visiting during the recent heat wave, so I stopped by several times for iced coffee. Delicious! One morning I also had a flaky apple danish to die for. You can sit and enjoy your coffee and snack with a good book or I saw several people on their laptops. Very comfy! In the back is a lovely small, nicely decorated dining room with 10-12 tables. I had the daily quiche special one evening that was just full of great flavors! And it's a byob with lovely outdoor seating. If you're in West Philly, I wouldn't hesitate to try this place. You're sure to get something you'll enjoy.

• Visited July 2011