“Best Cheesesteak- Historic District” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Best Cheesesteak- Historic District”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The servings were large, the Classic Cheesesteak- w/Cheese Whiz was very good. I had fries with Cheese and Bacon. I recommend having the fries extra crispy, or they will be very limp when they put the cheese on. This is a great option when in the Historic District

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Swindon
“Want a cheese steak? Look no further”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Visited Sonny's today with friends on a tour of Philadelphia and I wasn't disappointed. Had a "Classic" - cheese steak with cheese whiz, fried onions and we shared bacon cheese fries. I don't think I will taste another cheese steak and enjoy it as much as I did today. If you miss Sonny's you will miss the best cheese steak in Philly. Fact.

Toronto, Canada
“Cheesesteak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was close to our hotel. Very large portions. So make sure you are hungry or else a good idea to share. Disproportionate amount of meat to bun to cheese. They ran out of onions because it was late and due to the end of the flower show. Sides were not the greatest. Onion rings from a box and ready made fries.

Visited March 2014
new york
“Excellent Philly Cheesesteak!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Couldn't decide where to go for my first "authentic" Philly cheesesteak. Researched and Sonny's came up with good reviews. Well I'm here to say....wow! My husband and I got one with provolone and one with chez wiz and extra onions. The young girl who took care of us couldn't have been nicer. The music playing was fun, and since it was Thursday late afternoon, not too busy. When I took my first bite, I was in heaven. The sandwich was hot, the roll perfect, the onions crunchy. The meat wasn't dry and gray like some that people experienced at those " famous" places. It was just perfect. I would go back to Philly just for a Sonny' s cheesesteak. Yum!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“One of the better cheesteak places in the city. Must see if you are in Olde City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Tourists, if you are visiting the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, you need to add this to your list. Not that I want this place to get swamped during my lunch break but I feel bad for tourists who buy steaks in a food court, a lunch truck or Campo's. Take a walk to Sonny's by 3rd Street and Market and get a decent steak. I've been going to this place since they opened a few years ago. They have recently made cosmetic changes to make it look better but the steaks are still hand carved right before your eyes.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere