“Renovated Decor is Beautiful. Great People and Great Experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Philadelphia

You added Westin Philadelphia to your Saves list
Westin Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 South 17th St at Liberty Place, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Ranked #54 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Shelton, Connecticut
“Renovated Decor is Beautiful. Great People and Great Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Westin at the end of May 2015. We had 3 rooms for 2 nights. We arrived in Philly before the 3:00pm check-in on a Friday and the front desk staff found 3 rooms for us. We were checked in in 10 minutes. The valet is $51 a night or you could self park in the garage downstairs for $31. Factor these charges into your nightly rate. It's Philly, parking is expensive.

From the doormen and bellhop, to the front desk; everyone was friendly and outgoing. The recent updates were beautifully done. Nice, huge TV in the room. I signed up to TripAdvisor to leave this as my first review because the previous negative reviews I read were all visitor specific. You can't please everyone! I believe anyone in my situation would have been completely satisfied with their experience at the Westin Philadelphia.

We had 3 King size rooms and everyone in our party had wonderful things to say. We gathered in the lobby each evening and enjoyed drinks in the bar. The waitress on Saturday night did a really great job handling a packed bar.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My review is so long overdue. I came here the 4th of July weekend for a concert. I am pretty shocked at the reviews because my boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay. The location was perfect, I can't comment on the food because we found so many great places to eat. We had a couple of drinks at the bar that were pricey but tasty. I'm not going to complain about that because I live in NYC. I will say the bartender was very friendly at told us that some of the drinks were based on the movie Trading Places, which is one of my all-time fav movies. We found no problems with the suite we stayed in. As a matter of fact I loved, LOVED! the separate closets. Considering that we were staying during a very busy weekend and there was a wedding going on, anytime I had a question my needs were met. I'm a fan and would go back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Delafield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have been staying at this Westin 6 - 8 times per year, for the past 5 years. Of all the Starwood properties I stay at each year, this one is definitely a favorite because the staff is so welcoming and everything is simple. The doormen and front desk staff who have seen me in and out always welcome me back. Check in has never taken more than a few minutes. Someone is always available to call a taxi or check my bags. I've never had to go in search of something I needed. Wifi is fast. Complimentary water in the room. Everyone and everything is readily available. Never any drama or hassles.

The newly renovated lobby and rooms are really luxurious and I absolutely love the little conversational areas in the living room and bar areas. Meals from Winthrop and room service are always on point. Beds are, of course, heavenly. Rooms, bathrooms, and now the flat-screen TVs are all huge. Seriously.. Is there anything better than falling into a cloud-like bed in a freshly scented, crisp room at the end of a long day?

The ground-level lobby is connected to the Liberty Place shopping center and food court. The hotel is very centrally located in Center Square and if you love good food, you know Philly has some of the best restaurants and bars/pubs that a city can offer. So much within walking distance or grab an Uber (2x or 3x points for SPG members during your stay!).

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We travelled from Wales UK and stayed for three nights.We had never stayed at a Westin before so I was excited. It is a beautiful hotel with very friendly,polite staff. The room was spacious and very clean- housekeeping was excellent! I had steak and eggs for breakfast and it was very tasty and service was very good. We had drinks at the bar on two of the evenings and the barman was superb. We also had dinner two evening and thoroughly enjoyed the well presented meals. This hotel is in a great position for visiting Philadelphia- thank you for a great stay we were very well cared for at this beautiful hotel!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I can not say enough good about the OUTSTANDING service provided by the staff and Concierge of the Philadelphia Westin Hotel. We live in Seattle, WA but our son lives on the east coast. As a special treat for his 28th birthday we booked him at stay at this fabulous hotel over Memorial Day weekend. I wanted it be especially nice for him so I contacted the Concierge and Geri did an amazing job of making sure he had sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries awaiting his arrival in his room. It was the perfect touch and just the beginning of a delightful, memorable birthday weekend for him. Cheers to Westin for once again making such a positive difference for their guests!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Top notch service and convenient location make this location a "must stay." We took the subway down to Lincoln Financial Field and walked to City Hall and Independence Hall. The Westin staff was extremely helpful as we learned our way around the city.

Room Tip: SPG Preferred Guests get great rooms on upper floors.
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband, myself, son, daughter-in-law and their baby traveled to Philadelphia 5/22/15-5/24/15 and stayed at the Westin in rooms 817 & 819. From the moment we pulled up for valet parking until the time we pulled out to leave we had such great customer service. We arrived early and they were able to check us in to our rooms. We asked for an end room for my sons family with us in the next room in case the baby cried so it wouldn't disturb other guests. No problem at all with the request. My DIL left her wallet in the car, the valet brought it to her. Our air conditioner didn't seem to be cooling the room well so we called and within 5 minutes they were there fixing it. We asked to leave our truck parked in garage and store our luggage after we checked out so we could do a little more sight seeing. Again, no problem. I would definitely stay at this Westin again. Great stay and great customer service. We didn't eat there or go to the bar so I cannot comment on that. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice everyone was when touring around Philly. Thanks to everyone at Westin that made our trip memorable.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Been to Westin Philadelphia? Share your experiences!