“2 nights in Philly ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Philadelphia

You added Westin Philadelphia to your Saves list
Westin Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 South 17th St at Liberty Place, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Ranked #57 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brick, New Jersey
“2 nights in Philly ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just arrived home from a two day trip for fun to Philly. We had been a bit nervous reading so many negative reviews leading up to our stay.. Happy to say, the hotel was awesome.
Great location, plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance.
Upon arrival, check in was a breeze. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. Per our request, we were provided a complimentary mini fridge to store our many leftovers!
Also, being a SPG rewards member, wifi fees were waived.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is the housekeeping. Very poor, I left three dollars which is my customary starting point. I'll then go higher or lower depending on the quality of service. Suffice to say I left 0 dollars upon departure.
All that was done was our bed was made. That's it. Ice bucket sat there uncovered with water in it, my girlfriend's hair stayed out in the open in the middle of the bathroom vanity and in the sink. Empty used cups provided by the hotel were just left out on one of the counters. Also, one of the previous guests enjoyed the mini bars gummy bears and one was left behind on the floor near the bed.
Hopefully the house keeper was just having a bad couple of days..
I would not let that issue prevent me from returning, nice hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is what you would expect for a Westin hotel and has all the features you need for a business conference. Westin beds are amazing so that is a plus. The bonus is that the location is great and the staff is extremely friendly. From the valet to the baggage check, front desk, and concierge, everyone was helpful. A smile goes a long way.

Green Features: It's great! For a 2 night stay, there is no reason to waste resources on towels and sheets.
Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I would highly recommend the Westin Philadelphia. The rooms were great and the staff was awesome. I was there for a meeting and the meeting rooms were clean, private and the food was excellent. I give the whole operation 5 Stars!

Glenolden, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on May 9, 2015 for his birthday since we wanted to be near the restaurant where we had reservations at and not have to worry about having some cocktails and driving. We stayed for one night and we were each given complimentary cocktails for his birthday from the front desk. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice, as well as the concierge who was working that evening. I'm sorry I forgot their names but they were very nice and helpful. The concierge actually walked us to our destination to Two Liberty Place. She truly went above and beyond. We have been on cruise ships and all-inclusive resorts and have never experienced anything like this. The history of Philadelphia says it all on their fabric they used on their sitting chairs in the rooms. Such a nice touch. The location was perfect as we did some shopping on Walnut Street which was only two blocks away. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: It didn't really matter what the view was as we only slept in the room. The rest of the time we...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Rooms small. Dated. Room service food not great and not good. Robes are flimsy and amenities lacking. Unlikely to stay again. I didn't check out the gym but there was little desire to spend more time than I had to here.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel is located in a central location near Rittenhouse square in Philadelphia, but there is nothing particularly impressive about the hotel. Particularly problematic is the lack of a good restaurant in the premises.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for 2 nights with family (small children). I was surprised to see some other reviewers have less positive experiences with the service. the protest was going on, but i cant hold that against the hotel. In general, starwood is very inconsistent from hotel to hotel and also with central reservations. I have gold status, and in many cases, have been appalled with the service - not here!

pros: newly renovated room was very nice! bathroom was decent, although not exceptional. service was really exceptional. from the front desk man who checked us in, the speed at which our refrigerator was replaced by the engineer, the bellhop/valet guys, housekeeping staff... Had a minor mix up at the restaurant and the manager (i think) was very accommodating and gracious. good location.

cons: gym was kind of so so, and i usually want a nice gym to give the 5 star rating.
bathroom was nice, but didn't have the "wow" factor I like for a 5 star rating. Although my review is of the hotel, the brunch in the hotel restaurant (winthorpe and valentine - amazing name!) was ok, but a bit underwhelming. there were no kids channels on TV which caused some minor problems. didn't receive requested turn down service.

Overall - very nice, comfortable room. I like the updated lobby and thought the service, on almost all fronts was exceptional.

Room Tip: maybe avoid the 4th floor because the gym is on it.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Been to Westin Philadelphia? Share your experiences!