“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Philadelphia

You added Westin Philadelphia to your Saves list
Westin Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 South 17th St at Liberty Place, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Ranked #49 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Yonkers, New York
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My fiancé & I were spending 2 nights in Philly to visit family and we were delighted to get a groupon for a hotel that fit our needs/desires. Upon arrival, I was impressed with the modern look of this Westin Hotel. We were welcomed with a smile by all of the staff (at valet parking & desk). Our room was wonderful. It was clean & sleek with a nice view and a great new (and very large) flat screen tv. During some down time during our stay, we visited the bar area. Although the staff were lovely, they were overwhelmed at times and we often waited a long time for a drink...so I suggest you use the bar as a place to grab an afternoon drink when it's quiet!
My problem with my stay is that when I left my room on Saturday afternoon at 2pm, the housekeeping cart was outside our room. I removed our "do not disturb" sign and we left for the day. Upon returning to our room at 11:30pm, I was upset to see that our room had not been touched. I called the front desk to inform them that our room had not been serviced: not cleaned, nor was the mini bar re-stocked with our drinks that we liked. They apologized & gave my fiancé (who went to the desk to get clean towels) two bath towels since we had no clean towels. When my fiancé returned, I realized they did not give him washcloths. I called the desk and asked for washcloths. A staff member came to the door with 2 RAGS. Seriously- 2 pieces of cloth that were cut from what looked like a duvet cover, with black stitching on the edges!!!! I told the staff member that these rags were unacceptable and that I would not be using them on my face. He related that the hotel was at full capacity, that they didn't have washcloths & that I should speak to someone else because he was "just the valet".
When checking out, I informed the hotel manager of the situation. He, in turn, comped our drinks that we had taken from the mini bar on our first night's stay. Sadly, we would've consumed more if our bar had been re-stocked!!! All in all, I don't think comping 3 cans of beer makes up for a disappointing return to our room after a long day enjoying Philly. I'd rather stay in an airbnb room if I'm not going to get room service AND it would cost less!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a family vacation while overlapping a business trip. The best feature by far of the hotel is how convenient it was to walk to sightseeing. Our children 12 and 7 years old and we walked to Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, Franklin Institute, Mutter Museum, Natural History Museum at Drexel, Reading Terminal Market. These were all a mile or less, not convenient for people who can't walk 15-20 minutes but for us it was great. The layout of the hotel is strange, probably by virtue of being in the city. There is a small entrance and you then take one elevator up to the lobby and another one to get to the rooms. It is inconvenient to get to the parking because you have to go out a back entrance to the mall and then down the parking elevator and through various passageways. Our room had 2 double beds and everything worked. We asked for some extra things, more shampoo since there were 4 of us etc. and the service was prompt.

Green Features: The towel exchange was definitely environmentally-friendly.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
WestinPhGM, General Manager at Westin Philadelphia, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear sypai68,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Philadelphia on TripAdvisor.com.

You are correct in that due to our Center City location, we actually have upper and lower lobbies. This is common in many of the buildings on the East Coast, possibly including your hometown of Boston.

In regards to the parking, we highly recommend that all guests use our Valet services as we do not operate the parking garage in the mall.

Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Philly.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here as part of 3 day stopover. It is easily walkable from the airport train stop at Suburban, 5 minutes away and close to hop on/off tour bus stop if that is your thing. Shops and historical tourist sites are a pleasant walk away. Check in staff, concierge and front door staff all very friendly and helpful. Rooms and hotel in general are very clean and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it as a base as I did to friends

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
WestinPhGM, General Manager at Westin Philadelphia, responded to this review, 2 days ago

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We spent a night this past weekend at the Westin in Philadelphia. My wife and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was fantastic, beginning with emails days prior to our arrival informing us of things to do in the city. Every staff member went above and beyond - even the parking lot attendant, who couldn't have been more friendly and courteous, came up to the lobby, running after us with my wife's cell phone that she had left in the car. The reception staff was friendly and got us checked in quickly, the room was great, and very comfortable. Despite a very busy weekend, we were greeted by name every time we entered and left. And a shout out to Richard, the concierge, who really is at the top of his game. The hotel is well located, close to shopping, Rittenhouse Square, and great restaurants.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

It is fantastic to learn that you had a pleasant stay and encountered our world class team.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Philly.

rps

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I just had my wedding at the Westin and needed to take the time to write about how WONDERFUL my experience was. From the moment I met Marion Tambone, I knew she would execute my dream day. She did nothing but exceed my expectations. The entire banquet staff is incredible. Pat Delvechio worked his butt off the entire weekend. Anything I needed, he made happen. For the Jews out there- he even helped lift the chairs during the hora. ABOVE AND BEYOND! Dang, Neil, the concierge, the valet guys, room service, the rooms, the food, and our whole experience were just as great. Literally everyone who works at the Westin is amazing. If anyone is looking for the perfect wedding venue, I would 100% recommend the Westin Philadelphia!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
It was truly amazing to be part of your special day! Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.com

Will we see you for the one year?

Be Well,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have been traveling to Philly for the past year and hands down, this is the best hotel.

Forget the Ritz and the Sofitel!

The renovations have been fantastic- the usb connections at the night stand are a life saver.

Everyone is incredibly friendly and the rooms are clean. This will be my home away from home for the foreseeable future.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Be Well,

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my second visit to this hotel and it did not disappoint. The bar area/lounge area is upgraded which is really nice. This hotel is great because of the location. Its within walking distance of a septa station, close to good food and shopping. The staff are welcoming and attentive. I had a rough day of travel before my most recent stay and the front desk staff kindly gave me 2 free drink coupons at the bar. I am a big fan of the Westin chain due to the comfort of the beds, the quality of the service and stays always meet my expectations.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
WestinPhGM, Manager at Westin Philadelphia, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you on the next Girls Night!

Ryan P Sistare, CHA

Been to Westin Philadelphia? Share your experiences!