“Great Location, Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Westin Philadelphia to your Saves list
Westin Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 South 17th St at Liberty Place, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Ranked #30 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Frederick, Maryland
“Great Location, Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is situated right in the downtown Philadelphia. If you are here to see the historical attractions, this hotel will be very convenient. You could walk to most of the attractions and Chinatown. The hotel provide excellent customer service and the rooms are very well kept and updated. The rooms are very clean and provides the guests with free coffee and tea. If you need to get a personal fridge or microwave, the hotel will provide you one without any charge.

However, there are two things which i did not like about the hotel. Internet access is not free except for the Lobby. The charges for Internet access in the rooms is very expensive. I am not sure why a hotel of this caliber would not offer their guests free Internet access everywhere. It is very unreasonable to ask their guests to come to the lobby if they would like to get internet access for free.

The other thing which I did not like about the hotel is the parking. I understand that the hotel is situated in downtown and parking is limited. But, if you are staying in the hotel the hotel could offer some sort of discount to their guests. Unfortunately, hotel does not offer any discounts to their guests. The Valet parking is $50 a day with in and out privileges, while self parking is $22 a day without any in and out privileges. So anyone who wish to park here should be prepared to pay a premium rate for parking. So my suggestion to anyone is that, if you are going to stay here, park the car in the self park parking lot and leave it there for your entire stay and walk or take public transport to move around the city.

Other than these two things, Hotel can definitely be recommended to anyone. The hotel staff offer excellent customer service and are very friendly. Overall excellent hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went here for an educational program that ran three days. Reception/registration was the worst experience I have ever had at ANY hotel! The staff is rude and unwilling to help in any situation. The staff repeated to many customers for hours on end "We will have rooms available after 2 or 3 PM." Hundreds of people were arriving for this course from all over the country and no one was allowed a room before our first meeting, so all the participants were tired and travel weary with no opportunity to freshen up before the course began. The enormous cockroach that I (and numerous others) spotted strolling around the area that our luncheon was being presented was outrageous! I can only wonder how many friends this giant insect had! Being from another state and traveling far from home to be at the offered course, I felt I could not check out and find accommodations elsewhere so I never allowed my feel to touch the ground without shoes and I thoroughly checked my luggage and contents before checking out. The restaurant in the hotel also had rude, slow, unfriendly servers and the menu prices were outrageous for the offerings. I ate there once and that was enough!. The gym was poor. There is no pool. The daily price for internet was robbery! I will NEVER stay here again and I will never recommend this hotel to anyone. I did complete the survey that the hotel sent to me via email and I never got any response from management.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
WestinPhGM, General Manager at Westin Philadelphia, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
My name is Ryan Sistare and I serve as the General Manager of The Westin Hotel Center City. Thank you for taking the time for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor.com.

After reading your comments, our team is very disappointed to learn of your experiences, as they are not indicative of our service standards. If possible, I would like to address your thoughts individually.

1. Although we strive to honor early check-ins, we are occasionally forced to enforce our 3pm check-in policy. This is especially true when we have a significantly large group of people entering and exiting the hotel.

2. We did offer your group access to our Westin Fitness Studio, which includes showers, a sauna, and a sitting area to relax after a long trip.

3. After your report of an insect in the meeting space, we contacted our pest control vendor the same day. After investigation, Orkin found that there was an issue in an adjacent, non-hotel building that has been addressed.

4. As the Westin Philadelphia primarily caters to corporate business and group such as yours , it was designed in 1990 without a pool. This is noted on both our website and with our third party partners. As you continue your travels, you may experience this in other downtown hotels.

5. In terms of your concerns with ancillary pricing, we consistently compare ourselves to our neighboring hotels to ensure that our guests achieve the best value possible. Please rest assured that you would have paid the same rates in any hotel in Center City. We pride ourselves on being competitive.

6. Finally, we have been looking for your comments through the survey system, but they have yet to appear. Please allow a week or so for the internal system to send the information to us so that we may respond to you personally.

At Your Service,

Ryan P. Sistare, CHA
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our stay at the Westin Philadelphia and the service we received was excellent. Room was large and comfortable, well-appointed, and clean. The hotel is situated within walking distance of many of the Philly attractions: historic district, City Hall, Reading terminal, and many fine restaurants (Del Frisco, Davio's. Devon). Staff - especially the concierge staff - were excellent and very helpful in providing suggestions and in obtaining needed items. Gerri and Richard at the concierge desk were top-notch. We were at a meeting and had pre-planned breakfast and lunch, both of which included healthy choices. Expect to pay top dollar for your stay, but you get what you pay for! This isn't your usual Interstate motel!

Green Features: The Westin is environment-friendly. Towels were re-used, if requested. There was also a small re-cycle bin in the room.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend and I stayed at The Westin for a long weekend. The staff was extremely friendly from the time we arrived until the time we left. The room was a great size. I was expecting it to be smaller because we were in a city. We were pleasantly surprised. The concierge was extremely helpful. Richard recommended the Phlash for transportation for site seeing and the Lovely Lady at night recommended some great restaurants for dinner. The location was very convenient. The hotel is attached to The shops at liberty place and if you're a girly girl like myself you'll be happy to know that there is a Sephora within walking distance! Oh, and also a liquor store about a block away.

Room Tip: The hotel was really quiet. We did hear some roudy wedding guests on the way back to their rooms but...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thank you to the Westin Philadelphia for an amazing wedding venue for my sons' August nuptuals. Marion was our wedding coordinator and was with us every step of the way. She was always available to us, and that really put us at ease. Pat was our master of ceremonies the day of the wedding and did a wonderful job! The rooms were lovely, food amazing, and service went above and beyond. Thanks to everyone at the Westin for giving my son and daughter in law a flawless wedding experience!

Maureen Dicker

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
WestinPhGM, General Manager at Westin Philadelphia, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
My name is Ryan Sistare and I serve as the General Manager of The Westin Hotel Center City,

It was a true pleasure to host you family last weekend for your son and new daughter in law. They were incredibly engaging with with our staff, up to and including some other their special desserts.

Marion, Pat, and the rest of Team Westin take each of the Tripadvisor comments as a reflection of our ability to deliver exceptional service. Please know that that will all be recognized for making your event spectacular.

At Your Service,

Ryan P. Sistare, CHA
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to a wine pairings event last evening at the Westin. We really enjoyed ourselves…the wine, the food and the atmosphere were wonderful. Nice to see all of the positive changes going on in the Westin! As always, the staff there is a dream—very customer service focused. The new lobby décor is cool and inviting--the new wines they are stocking are superb--they're starting room renovations and I'm told the rooms will follow the style of the lobby, which will be fantastic. This hotel is in a fantastic location--close to everything--well priced for Philadelphia.

Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed one night for a conference in August. The hotel is recently remodeled and absolutely beautiful. What made this stay fantastic besides the great room, upscale bathroom and super soft sheets is the amazing staff. Everyone from the valet to the bartender was super accommodating.

For example, I forgot my cell phone in my car and realized it as the valet was driving away. The bellhop asked where it was in my car and ran down and retrieved it for me. Just an example of their superior service.

This was a short visit but I plan on bringing my family back soon and cannot wait for another stay at the Westin!

Room Tip: There is a mall on the first floor of the hotel with a food court. Check out Chick-fil-A.... miss th...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Westin Philadelphia? Share your experiences!