“Comfy Cozy Hotel Room for a One Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Westin Philadelphia to your Saves list
Westin Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 South 17th St at Liberty Place, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Ranked #32 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Comfy Cozy Hotel Room for a One Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The inside of the hotel room far exceeded my expectations. Very clean, extremely comfortable bed, excellent shower, and plenty of room for us to stretch out (biggest city hotel room I've ever been in). Walls are a little thin but with such a wonderful bed it is easy to fall into a deep slumber. Location is also incredible. What is lacking is a friendly and welcoming staff that is very much needed in the non ideal layout. (I kept wondering if we were just missing the main entrance.) I always say customer service is what make a place but this time I learned that a complete lack of it is what brings it down. It did not feel like home for the night. It felt like just a room to lay my head... but I will give it a high rating for that bed and therefore would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

778 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
NY, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, close to restaurants, shopping, and transportation options if you want to check out other areas of the city. Some parts of our room were starting to look just a little worn (eg, bathroom ceiling), but overall the room was completely fine/nice. We did have a bizarre un-requested wake-up call at some ridiculous early morning hour on both nights that we stayed, but we didn't mention it, so can't complain about how it was handled...but it should never have happened in the first place. Not the worst thing, and we always forgot about it when we were entering/exiting the hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Did a night in Philly and stayed at the Westin. Nice, upscale hotel. Excellnt service. Comfortable bed and great shower. Entrance on ground level, lobby on first floor -- a little funky. But overall, very nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed there for my bachelorette party with friends. We had several rooms and everyone loved their room. I was lucky enough to stay in a fantastic suite that was HUGE. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the bathrooms were impeccable with great showers. Every single staff member we encountered was incredibly nice! The location was perfect for shopping, site seeing, going out and dining too! I had been to Philly several times in the past but never stayed at the Westin. I absolutely plan on staying there the next time, however!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've stayed at numerous properties within the Westin brand, and this is definitely one of the nicest. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. The bathroom had marble, which is a nice touch that I have not seen in other Westins.

Special recognition should be given to the bellmen, who were extremely friendly and helpful during check-in and check-out. Also, I highly recommend Richard, at the concierge desk. He responded to my requests in a courteous and punctual fashion, and he was able to satisfy my request at a very competitive price.

My only complaint was the clerk at the front desk. Although I appreciated his efficiency, he appeared rushed and did not make eye contact. Also, when I asked for the availability of an upgrade (I'm SPG gold), he did not appear to take my request seriously, denying my request without even researching it on his computer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I will start by saying that i am a huge fan of Westin hotels mainly because of the Heavenly Beds and the Starwood points. So this had to keep up with my expectations and they did just that. Great location in Philly. The concierge and valet provided great service. I read the other reviews about the lack of hot water. I will say I experienced that at first but I just had to let the water run a while and it got hot. In walking distance to great restaurants, shopping and bars. Good bar in hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Robbinsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in the standard room as well as the suite over the past few years. Last night we had a nice corner room on the 4th floor but we asked to move because the heat was not warming the room. A new room key was promptly brought to us and we were moved to another room on the same floor. The room was a decent size with modern furnishings. It was also nice to have an in room coffee maker. The staff was extremely friendly. This is a very solid hotel and a great choice close to restaurants, shopping, and Rittenhouse Square.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Westin Philadelphia? Share your experiences!