“Not the worst hotel I've stayed in but . . .” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #62 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Houston, TX
“Not the worst hotel I've stayed in but . . .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

It comes pretty close! We booked this hotel for a one night stay based largely on the Sheraton reputation. Granted this is a Four Points but it does not even deserve that distinction. It looks like it might have been a decent Sheraton 25 to 30 years ago and now has been demoted. Much of the furniture and the wall coverings seem to be from that era. The desk chair was so beat up I would be embarrassed to have it in my house.

We actually saw two rooms in this hotel. The first one we got had an extremely loud A/C unit and a funky smell. We called down to the front desk and the manager was very happy to show us another room. We met him there and we caught him just coming out of the bathroom. Not very professional I would say. He did give us two comp. drinks at the bar downstairs that were the highlight of the stay. The second room still had the same kind of beat up furniture but was less noisy.

The hotel is very convenient to the airport if that is an important factor for you. We actually got out of paying the $5 parking fee due to a misunderstanding at the parking attendant's booth. It is true that the staff has little knowledge of the tourist attractions in Philly.

I realize that on the East Coast hotels are more expensive but $130 for this dilapidated inn is too much.

Stayed August 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel because it was close to the airport. The first night our room was clean and we were pleased. We went to Lancaster after that and returned the last couple of nights there for our stay. When we returned the second time, our room was clean but quite noisy from the a/c unit, so they moved us to another room. In this room, the bathroom walls were not clean at all and the carpet was also stained. The staff was very nice but didn't know how to give you directions to some of the sites in Philadelphia. The shuttle guys were super! They were very helpful and there to take you when you needed to go. There was plenty of parking and I felt safe at this hotel. I think it is a little pricey though.

• Liked — close to the airport
  • Disliked — bathroom wasn't real clean
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

This is not a bad hotel for a quick stay, especially near the airport. Interesting point: I never heard the flight traffic at all - very well insulated.

They are trying a new idea: "Element"
This is a continental breakfast presented as only Sheraton and Starwood Properties would do it.
Fresh baked pastries, bistro type breakfast sandwiches, fruit smoothies, along with some of the other usual items. The presentation was very nice, and the staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about this pilot program. They also took great pride in their efforts, and it showed.

The rest of the hotel is not so much dated, but you can tell that it was a Days Inn at one time. It just has that feel.

Overall, I would return if I were in a similar situation on business.

• Liked — Proximity to the Airport, and The Element
  • Disliked — You could tell it was a Days Inn
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Suburban, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2007

This review is based on a one-night stay for a business trip. I arrived into Philadelphia late and needed to stay somewhere near the airport.

Based on a limited stay, there were two problems with my room. First, the air unit was quite noisy, and it woke me up at least twice. The second issue was the phone near the bed, which was broken and unusable. The phone would ring, but otherwise did not work ... and that made for an interesting wake-up call.

I was able to stay at this hotel with a company discount. I would not recommed this hotel at the regular rates. There are better options near the airport, including a Sheraton Suites just across the street.

This hotel was sufficient for a one-night stay near the airport, but I would have liked a little more sleep.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

I stayed at this hotel overnight while on a business trip. It is a disaster. The hotel has an overall dirty feel to it. The carpet in my room had horrible stains. The toilet seat was discolored. The inside of the shower curtain had dirt stains. To make matters worse, the only sink was outside the bathroom, but the only towel rack was inside the bathroom. The bed covers are not white (but at least they are not the old style florals). The only good experience was decent service at the restaurant in the lobby area, where I had a late dinner. Overall, I cannot believe that Sheraton would allow such a property to carry their name. And for the business traveller in Philaelphia, I am certain that there are many better choices.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — It is filthy.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2006

I had trouble finding a hotel on line that would let us leave the car there and stay at the end of the trip. Thus, I turned to AAA. They gave me a variety of properties to chose from, the Four Points Sheraton being one in the mid-price range.
There were no problems leaving the car. It is a secure lot, not with a fence, but with a gate and attendant and you must have a pass from the hotel to leave.
Shuttle service on arrival and return was excellent. We arrive back at 1am. Check in was quick. Beds were fabulous, fluffy and room was spotless, though the bathroom was small.
Breakfast was not included and was a little pricey. All in all it was a good, safe place to stay while returning from a trip.

• Liked — clealiness
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Madison, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2006

Paid $99 a night (with free parking) to stay at this dump, when the Sheraton across the way was only $10 a night more. My decision was based on being able to have free Internet access, but I had computer problems and couldn't make use of it, so I got to experience this hotel's finer points. Ha. Hotel's lobby is nice, but that's about all that's nice. Room is sparsely furnished and could use renovation. Beds are average at best. When I stayed, the hotel was full of loud guests and you can hear it all from well inside your room thanks to the thin walls. The hotel does a lot of park, sleep & fly packages, which could leave you out of luck as far as a parking space goes depending on when you get in. Don't forget to insist on having your parking ticket stamped if free parking is included... the desk clerk didn't think to do it and the lot attendant wanted to charge me upon leaving the lot the first time, then rudely informed me I *had* to get it stamped when I got back or else I would be charged in arrears. Not that it mattered... when I got back and for the rest of my stay, the gate into the lot was unattended. My second night, my door card inexplicably stopped working and, ironically, the desk clerk wondered if I was in the right hotel because I had a Sheraton door key, which was what I was handed by the desk clerk on arrival. Also, housekeeping didn't bother to make up the room or replenish the bottled water. Don't even bother for the free internet, just stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Handy to 95 and close to the airport
  • Disliked — The inattentive and standoffish staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't get off southbound 95 at Island Avenue; go to Bartram... if you decide to stay here
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!