“Why all the negativity?” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #62 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Pittsburgh, PA
“Why all the negativity?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

I have no idea why there are so many negative comments about this hotel on Hotwire and Travel Advisor. I had a wonderful experience, even though my room from Hotwire that was given to me was a handicapped accesible room with no towel hooks for large towels in the bathroom. There was also no counter in the bathroom, so I dragged the mobile desk in there to put my stuff on.

Excellent location by the airport, and the shuttle runs every 30 minutes there. I was able to get the SEPTA to the city with no problems there.

The restaurant closed on Sunday at 11 am, so I went to the Sheraton Suites across the street and bought a $30 9 oz. sirloin steak, but it was good.

The staff were friendly and accomodating with no problems there. I know from other hotels in Philadelphia that customer service simply is not a priority for many of the people who work in the service industry there.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

The lobby and outside condition seemed fine. The hallway did seem a little depressing. The room itself was mostly fine. Although the walls needed cleaning in some places. The problem was the bathroom. There was mold on the tile, the tub needed a good scrub, the paint in the ceiling was peeling, and the wallpaper needed cleaning. The wall paper job itself just looked shoddy. The bed and linen were comfortable and in good condition. The staff were nice and polite. Parking is six dollars a day. It was a comfortable stay but I'm not sure if I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Wow, what can I say, got stuck in Philly overnight by missed flight connections, and USAir put us up here. Hot, muggy, filthy hotel. First room was next to the icemaker which vibrated the walls, got a second room...however it didnt have a bed! Third room had mold on the walls, cigarette burns on the bed sheets and cover and the furniture was frighteningly dirty with who know what. THe staff was apologetic and helpful, however, but by this time, I was done. I called Starwood Preferred Customer Services and told them of the issues, the moved me across the street to their ALoft property which was great. Thank you Starwood, but please sell the 4 Points Hotel, its embarassing.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
SoCal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

Poor customer service, employees at desk seemed to be doing us a favor by checking us in. Drunks out in front of hotel who ogled my daughter were a nice touch. No food on premises, poor parking. This really did not give us a good impression of the city. When we return someday we will definitely stay somewhere else. I guess this is what you can expect from an airport hotel. YUCK.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Reinholds Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

My family and I stayed here on july 20-21 2009. We were under the understanding we could not check in till 3 pm. We asked if we could come early and use the pool? They said no problem, come to the desk and let us know your here.Well they had a room ready at 10:45 and checked us in! The room was very clean and nice!Exrta towels were no problem and arrived with in a minute of me calling! The stewart did not hang for a tip he walked away and I had to call him back to tip him! As we approached the elevator to go to the pool a maintanance man greated us in a very friendly manor and jumped in the elevator and pushed our floor for us! The pool is clean and towels abundant!All the staff is fantastic. They made me feel like a millionaire! Anything you need they are there! This family stays at Sheraton no matter where we are traveling from now on!!!! Thanks so much!!! Thanks! thanks! thanks! This place is a palace, and guests are kings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May God Bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!! The greatest place to stay in Philadelphia!! They help you know what the city of brotherly love means! 10,0000 Gold stars! Next Phillies game we go to guess where we are staying!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

The lobby and reception were great - but one step off the elevator and the filthy carpet told the story. The room was average but the desk had crumbs on it and the floor was not only stained but dirty: something an occasional vacuuming could have taken care. The room-service "menu" - two stapled sheets of paper, was obviously well handled and didn't match what the folks in the restaurant had available. The in-room coffee mug was dirty and the coffee pot chipped. The bathroom was in need of a good moping and I wished I had flip flops for the shower - yuck. Room service and food was fine but another dirty glass. Drop off at the airport the following morning was quick and efficient. I filled out a comment card and gave it to the front desk. They were busy so I didn't expect immediate feed-back, but we're almost a month out without a word. My bill was hard to understand with an assortment of charges and credits and my Amex card was charged yet another amount. The accounting department was quick and responsive and resolved that issue within minutes.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

I had to stay at the Four Points Shearton Airport because of a missed flight.

We arrived at the hotel around 10pm and the hotel was bustling with people who had the same problem as I with missed flights.

So the lobby was very busy.

The lobby area is nice since it has a big screen tv and a bar/restaurant area next to each other.

The outdoor pool is located on the lobby floor as well (make sure to bring your room key) you need it for both getting out & in.

The rooms are being renovated as we speak as the floor we were staying on had Wet Paint signs on it.

The rooms are nice but the bathtub is the old porcelean tubs from the 1980's.

I am used to the Hilton Experience, so having to pay for breakfast was something i wasn't used too.

The shuttle service runs on the hour and half-hour and they have a little place next to the front desk to get sundrie items and such.

They also have a computer in the lobby to use for free.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!