“location is good, small rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #63 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Maryland
“location is good, small rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend for a hockey tournament. Games were mostly at the rink in Aston, but also were at other rinks in the Wilmington/Newark/Philly area. Hotel is right beside I-95, so easy access to everywhere. The problem is that there are very few restaurants near the hotel and the restaurant in the hotel seemed overpriced and risky. 20 minutes into downtown Philadelphia. Rooms are very small - hard for our family of four to move around and all try to get ready in the mornings. Bathroom is tiny and there is precious little counter space by the outside sink. The room was clean and everything functional, but hotel definitely needs some updating. Outdoor pool is nice and area clean with some very nice lounge chairs, but water was still a bit chilly this time of year. No included breakfast, just a coffee maker in room. No mini-fridge. There was a hairdryer and included wifi. A/C worked well, but was noisy. We stayed here because this is where our team was staying, but even with the group discount, we felt it was overpriced for the small rooms and no breakfast. It is a hotel by the airport and interstate, and if the location is what you need, then it will work for you.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Honestly, the three people I've spoken to here were just excellent, as good as anything elsewhere. Shame they're dealing with such a run down property. It could at least do with a good clean.

I don't expect Westin standards at a Four Points - especially when redeeming just 3,000 points per night - but basic hygiene is a must.

Kudos to the staff who were very response and quick to action stuff that went wrong.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear manu_sama,

Thank you for your review. We're pleased you found our guest service experience to be ideal, but regret to hear you did not feel the same way regarding our facilities. We appreciate your feedback and will review with our team to help improve our services. Take care.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

For one night at a very, very low rate it was fine
Clean
Great chicken dinner w good service
Quiet
The place is not fancy at all but not so plain or ugly to be undesirable

Problem we had was front desk

We called three times from airport for shuttle letting phone ring 15 times each
No one answered
That was a concern as we had no idea re shuttle until another hotel shuttle gave us another number to call
By then tho a shuttle ( not an official sheraton shuttle but a plain white van w a hand lettered sign in the window ) showed up
Guess the two guys in it had gotten thru

Cleaning rooms after 8 pm

The front desk was not much better in person when we arrived

A little scattered

In all it seems as if the place is quite understaffed
Glad kitchen doesn't seem to b

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bahamas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband and I travel at least 50 days a year. This is the first room we have had with a lovely garbage view! I saw rooms online for $119 on Sheraton's website but when checking into the hotel the front desk could only offer $154 for the same room type. Unfortunately there are not many choices in this area and my husband is working close by. The hotel is old and they have tried to update it. The hotel still has a funky old burnt smell. We might have to commute but I'm going to find another hotel tomorrow. Also two towels wow what's the shortage?

Room Tip: Drive a little further
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Roy A,

Thank you for your review. We're disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. There are often web only rates that are only availability for a short period of time. We apologize if the rates you saw online did not match what you were offered at the desk.

We thank you for your business and hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Philadelphia.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I want to state, first, that I am a little surprised by all of the negative reviews here on tripadvisor.com. I have been parking here for years whenever I needed to fly (their shuttle service is excellent - prompt and courteous. Also, they are one of the closest hotels off airport and get you there quickly). This time I needed to stay since I had an early flight. The young lady at the desk (evening of 5/1) was courteous and professional. I needed to have the down pillows removed from the room due to my husband's allergies. She promptly called housekeeping and within 15-20 minutes, the gentleman from housekeeping had arrived. He was also very pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable (the bed was great). Like I stated earlier, not sure why all of the negative reviews....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear crystaldis,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We're pleased you've continued to have pleasant stays with us, and so appreciative of your continued loyalty.

We look forward to welcoming you back once again. Take care!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was pretty unimpressed by this hotel. I travel regularly for business and had not stayed at a Four Points by Sheraton before. Unfortunately, I thought this was overpriced and only adequate for a quick business stay.

Major problems:
-Shuttle service supposed to be "on the :20" which was more like on the hour or more, especially during the day. I called them 3 times to get that shuttle to pick me up at the airport! I then used it to get to the airport in the evening and the driver also was not there on the :20 and nowhere near it... the hotel is like 7 minutes from the airport, come on.

-Decor was outdated (90s) and in some places, it looked like they had just thrown a coat of paint over some rusty metal.
-Less than secure access to the guest rooms directly off the lobby restaurant - the door was supposed to be closed to the stairway but instead it was stuck open because the paint was not done well and it kept it propped open.
-Breakfast area/restaurant appearance was less than satisfactory - all of the bakery cases were completely empty, even when the restaurant was open! It made me feel, as a guest, that I had no idea where my breakfast was coming from, because the counter area was not well lit and there was absolutely nothing in the bakery cases.

-When I checked in, I was supposed to get breakfast vouchers as a part of our agreed upon rate. They never gave me the vouchers, so I ended up paying for 2 breakfasts. Some other people from my company were staying there and got their vouchers... so I assumed that if I went back at the end of my stay, the hotel would expense my 2 breakfasts my company paid for. To my disappointment, the guest services clerk said there was "NO WAY" to reimburse me for the breakfasts. That is an unacceptable answer.

-My room was not turned over the first day I stayed there. I did not leave the "do not disturb" sign up, so I don't know what happened. I had to ask for it to be changed at 5 PM when I stepped out for dinner.

-In room supplies were not replenished. I had to ASK for more coffee packets to be delivered to my room each day I was there. Also, the shampoos/conditioners/body soap smell like some terrible cheap flower scent. Having to be presentable to a group of business professionals, I was embarrassed to have to use those products... they were nowhere near unisex in scent and they were super runny and thin coming out of those dispensers stuck up on the wall of the shower.

Positives:
-Most staff were friendly
-Good breakfast menu
-Close to the airport

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear daveengel1,

Thank you for your review. We regret to hear about your negative experiences at our property. We appreciate your feedback regarding the shuttle service and breakfast vouchers. Rest assured these comments will be passed along and reviewed.

We appreciate your business, and hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed here expecting a snow storm in the morning and the cost of rooms at the Marriott was totally outrageous. The rooms were quite okay and parking was tight but I found a spot. The room rate was a good deal and I recommend this hotel to anybody that doesn't want to burn a hole in their pocket.

Room Tip: Noise in rooms facing the main road
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business