“Very Concerning” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Key West, Florida
“Very Concerning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Im very concerned by some of the reviews of this hotel. We cancelled our reservation today because I called to speak to the Manager to ask if some of these issues have been addressed and we could reasonably find our stay enjoyable and safe. I was put on hold when asking for the manager for a few minutes. I swear the same person came back on the phone. I Asked if they had made any improvements or addressed some of the issues outlined in some of the concerning reviews and my question was answered with a simple "NO"

well that's all i needed to hear.. We enjoy the Sheraton Brand in many other cities but Philadelphia will not be one of them.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Romeo P,
Thank you for your concerns. We're sorry to hear you did not end up staying with us. As a future reference, this is the Four Points hotel. We are a different brand from Sheraton, but we fall under the Starwood Hotels family. Four Points is one of our limited service properties offering our travelers what matters most like stylish rooms, comfortable beds, free Internet, coffee and water. We hope you reconsider us and that you will give us a try in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We found the accommodations to be a bit dated but in very good shape and repair. Everything was very clean and the King bed was very comfortable. We got a good night sleep every night. Not noisy and the service was excellent. I thought there was a fridge in the room which there wasn't but they were kind enough to bring one up to the room for us. We ate off premises so I cannot remark on the food. The bar area was lively.

Room Tip: We had a top floor room away from the elevator which was prefect.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Latana H,
Thank you for sharing. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in Philadelphia. Thank you for your constructive feedback, we will definitely take this into account for future reference. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Concord, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Got this hotel on an online service and didn't pay much so I got what I paid for value-wise. I was there as a solo traveler, to be near the airport, coming in from Europe and going to California the next day. It was convenient and had the efficient airport shuttle service (shared with Aloft and Sheraton Suites) that I needed, both coming and going to the airport as well as taking me to the airport the second morning, to get to Center City on SEPTA. I appreciate a reliable shuttle service. A hit!

I was impressed with the hotel upon check-in. Nice tiled lobby area, efficient and friendly staff and a restaurant/bar in the lobby which was handy for dinner. Nothing fancy, but right there. Pleasant surprise was that the bartender (female) was friendly and efficient and I had one of the best bowls of clam chowder I've had in sometime.

Stayed in room 206 -- view of the freeway, with the resultant traffic noise.. The narrow hallway looked like a college dorm --- ugly carpet with roller painted doors in brown. The room was very tiny, with a large odd heating element attached to the wall. The sink was in the room and the bathroom was tiny. The regular appliances were provided (coffee pot, hair dryer, iron, 32" flatscreen) but nothing extra, such as a mini fridge or safe.

Color combination was brown, blue and yellow. Felt rather disjointed. Drawer units were odd, with baskets. Light fixtures were chrome, funky things. The odd, (also) funky headboard (woven plastic ribbon strips in dark and light blue) took over the room but there were some attractive aeronautic-themed graphic prints on the walls. Desk and wifi worked fine. The surprise was that the bedding (bed and pillows) were extremely comfortable. Just what I needed after a long international flight followed by a very long train ride across New Jersey.

Next morning, I went to Aloft across the parking lot for breakfast as the Four Points restaurant looked too sterile and I like Aloft's upbeat style. Not many choices. After that, a very nice shower with a very solid grab bar and non-slippery surface (much appreciated, after staying in a number of hotels that seem to encourage slippage, with nothing to hang onto). The bath products (shampoo and bath gel, etc.) were on the wall in the shower which I also like as you can easily get as much as you want without dropping them in the shower.

Hotel and my room were clean but with the odd decorating (especially the "dated" unwelcoming hallway) and very small room (seemed too small for two people, even) and noise level from outside, the hotel came across as in need of some TLC. The hotel was OK for one night but wouldn't have been comfortable for me, traveling as a single, much beyond that.

Room Tip: Get one away from the freeway if possible. Maybe on a higher floor than the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear MarlySF,
Thank you for choosing Four Points during your stop over to California. We're glad you enjoyed our convenient location and shuttle service and had a comfortable stay. Four Points offers the necessities you need when you travel without the fluff. That being said, we are aware the our hotels is in need of a facelift and working on plans to make that happen. Thank you so much for sharing and we hope you visit us again soon.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this hotel in the last 3 months. I wish I would have written a review the first time so I could have reminded myself not to stay here again. It is in need of repairs. The chair at the desk was ripped all over. I wouldn't even keep that chair in my own house! The room itself is okay. Small bathroom but I like that the sink/mirror is outside the toilet/shower so 2 people can get ready at the same time. The carpet in the hallway needs to be cleaned or replaced. The ceiling in the hallway is peeling. I don't mean a few peels here and there I wouldn't complain about that, it happens. I am talking about the WHOLE ceiling is peeling.

No free breakfast, which I have come to expect at most hotels these days. Not here, and in my opinion the hotel restaurant was too expensive. We drove a couple of miles to a place called Penrose Diner. Excellent breakfast and prices.

Here is where I got worried. Last time I stayed here I remembered a man at the front desk. He was asking them why his key didn't work. They proceeded to tell him that according to their records he was checked out. So they removed all of his possessions and put them in storage. Bummer for him right? Well...on my first night I was in the lobby and a man came to the front desk and wanted to know why his key didn't work. Yep, the exact same scenario. I don't know about you, but when I stay at a hotel all of my stuff is everywhere in the room. Toiletries in the bathroom, shoes on the floor, clothes hanging, papers on the table, etc. I couldn't imagine someone other than me gathering all of my belongings and packing them up to put in storage. Needless to say, I verified that I was scheduled for two nights. I just found it odd that the same scenario happened both times I stayed here. I don't know if it is the fault of the employees or the guest.

In the future, I will not stay here again. There are other hotels in the same lot. I will look into those instead.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Californiahockeymom,
Thank you for choosing Four Points. We're sorry to hear your recent visit did not meet your expectations. We are aware that our hotel is in need of a facelift and hoping we have a full renovation in 2015. In the meantime, we have scheduled to upgrade a few things such as our elevators and desk chairs. As for our staff moving a guest's items to storage, this is not a reoccuring thing. We had a guest report that his lock was not working and we were unable to fix it. Rather than leave his things unsecure, we catalogued the items and moved them for the guest upon their return from the day. We do understand how this could be concerning, but our guests' safety, security, and comfort are our top priorities. Thanks for sharing and we hope this experience does not deter you from returning the next time you're in the Philadelphia area.
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Like the Aloft hotel across this street, this hotel is in desperate need of a refresh.

It's also noisy -- very close to I-95 -- with inadequate sound insulation.

It is inadequately disclosed on the Starwood website, but this hotel does not offer free parking. In fact, on my stay, they charged parking to my room, but then failed to give me any way to get out of the lot without paying again. I had to go in and ask.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Adman2588,
Thank you for choosing Four Points during your recent visit to Philadelphia. We're sorry to hear your stay was less than satisfactory. Like most of the hotels in downtown Philadelphia, we do charge for parking and is stated on our websites. It costs $12 a day to park with us. In the future, please request a hotel not facing the interstate and we will be more than happy to accommodate this request as your comfort is one of our top priorities. Thank you for sharing and we hope this experience does not deter you from staying with us in the future.
LEWES
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed at this property on 11/2 because we needed to be in center city early Sunday. When we entered the hotel, we were greeted by a boisterous (loudness, drinking, vulgarity) gathering of motorcycle club members in the lobby. The check-in experience was pleasant enough, but when we went up to our no-smoking room, it reeked of stale tobacco smoke. And the guests across the hall were extremely loud (we could hear them clearly through their closed door and ours.
We were moved to another room after a hotel employee also easily could detect the odor.
The hotel has a restaurant, but we couldn't eat there because of the unaddressed ruckus from the lobby. So we went to another hotel for dinner. The lobby party was still going strong when we returned from our meal, and even the bar and dining staff said the noise was costing them business, but no one seemed to do anything about it.
There was no complimentary breakfast and the prices were high, so we just left early Sunday morning.
Next time, I'll book a different hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the runways are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ontheroadagain09_9,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Points. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, however, sorry that the other in-house guests made for a satisfactory experience. We hope this experience does not deter you from trying us out again in the future.
Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I could live with the confusion about my registration because I booked through a large company organizing a conference in the city. I could live with the less than pristine rooms (this is near Philadelphia airport). I can even live with the VERY noisy elevator that woke me up every single time a traveler went to, or exited, their floor since the building was full (DON'T LET THEM PUT YOU IN THE ROOMS BEHIND THE ELEVATOR). I can even live with the frustration that I ordered ice cream which came up half melted with only a fork as an eating utensil. But their staffing plan is a BIG PROBLEM. Every morning there was only one person at the front desk to help people checking in, checking out, ordering cabs, asking questions, etc.. and this became a HUGE problem - long lines, a frantic staff person, and frustrated late guests. In fact, I was not able to get my check-out paperwork because after a 40 minute wait I had to catch a cab to make my departure. Now........I can't get anyone at the hotel to send me my receipt! I call, I leave messages, but they keep acting like this is a hard thing to do!!!! Wow........this stay would have been worse if it was on my dollar versus my firms dollar --- so this will turn into a 'POOR' rating if I can't get the receipt for reimbursement!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you are participating in a convention at the Philadelphia Convention center try to stay closer...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Suzette M,
We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We apologize for the slow checkout you received. We typically only have one agent working during the day as most of our checkouts occur before 6AM. However, that does not excuse the service you received. We will take this feedback into account and will look to make improvements during our busy times. Thank you for sharing and we hope this visit does not deter you from returning in the future.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!