“easily accessible to Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #62 of 83 hotels in Philadelphia
Clarks Summit PA
“easily accessible to Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

On our recent trip, we stopped at Four Points in Philadelphia airport for overnite, the front desk staff were very accommodating, especially for my husband who needs handicapped bathroom. Bed was very comfortable, food in restaurant was quite good but a little pricey, They advertised parking, but didnot state you had a problem getting out of property without having to contact front desk to open the gated parking area. Only real complaint I might have is, if you are scheduled plane to catch in the morning, plan on calling a CAB., Hotel shuttle service to airport is nowhere to be found,! That day we were trying to catch our flight along with 20 other people, landed up paying for a taxi, cause shuttle service may have been taking a longer coffee break???? Besides that fact, room itself wasn't bad & easily accessible to highway 95.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Diggy7199, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Good Afternoon

Thank you for staying at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have an airport shuttle service that is avaialble 24 hours of the day/7 days a week every 20 minutes. We have several shuttles making the round to the hotel and back. On the date in question, I am sure there might have been a serious issue with the shuttle that caused the delay. I am sorry to her that in spite of staying at an airport hotel, you had to pay for a cab to get to the airport. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and my assurance that this is not a norm. I hope you stay with us on your next trip to Philadelphia

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I only stayed at this property for one night in February 2013. I made my reservation through Hotwire, so I did not know it was this hotel until I had paid my money. I would not stay here again.

The first impression I got of this hotel is a gated parking lot, which you have to pay $7 a day to park in. I have stayed at other airport properties in Philadelphia that do not charge for parking. Had I known they charge for parking, I would not have chosen this hotel, and that is the primary reason I would not stay here again.

I arrived late at night, checked in, and went straight to my room. I noticed as I walked down the hallway, I could hear televisions in other rooms playing loudly. Once I got into my room, I could hear people walking and talking loudly out in the hallway. This was not good. I turned on my TV to drown out some of the hallway noise, which was fine. The light fixture over the beds did not work. Further investigation revealed that it was not even plugged in. When I tried to plug it in, the plug would not stay in the socket, so I left it unplugged.

There were two free water bottles, which was nice. The bed was nice, but I did not sleep well in it. (I think that was more a function of the fact that I had to get up early for a flight in the morning, and being afraid of oversleeping, rather than a function of the bed itself.) The bathroom was clean. The shower had good water pressure. Rather than bars of soap and bottles of shampoo, there is a dispenser in the shower for shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner. The TV / remote functioned fine. I did not eat here or try any of the hotel's amenities.

But, paying $7 to park really gets under my skin. That is just not a way to welcome people to your property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review on your stay at the Aloft, PHL Airport. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and facilities. However, I am saddened to hear that you will not be returning to us due to the $7 Parking charge. We understand that not many of the airport hotels charge for parking but none of these hotels offer a secure gated parking lot. The gated parking works in our favor a number of ways. It keeps unwanted cars and guests from entering our facility. It also makes sure that guests who are not staying at the hotel are not parking at the hotel thus taking parking space away from our paying guests. The secure gated lot is for the safety and security of our guests and employees and I hope it dies not discourage you from using us next time you are in Philadelphia. Look forward to welcoming you soon.

San Marcos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised since we have had many disappointments while staying in airport hotels. I especially liked the small size; many of these hotels are like warehouses. We were on the second floor and made several quick trips to the shuttle, front desk, bar, etc. The staff at the front desk could not have been nicer. (I am now reading some reviews which state the opposite so either we got lucky or management read the same reviews and made corrections.) Would stay here again for an early flight out of Philadelphia.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Diggy7199, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

North Yorks
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way to the Caribbean. The hotel was booked by our travel company. First challenge was the transport to the hotel - this was supposed to be every 20 minutes but wasn't. Check in was terrible. The receptionist was rude,slow and totally disinterested. She made no attempt at conversation or eye contact. The family room was spacious but dated and worn. There was a metal covering on the wall which was hanging off and packed with dirt, the air vent was dirty, skirting boards dirty, curtains stained and the sink chipped. We were a party of 3 but had only 2 cups and 2 bottles of water. Electric wiring in the room involves multiple sockets and wires trailing around.No food and drink available until 5pm and we arrived at 3 after a long flight.
The only positive in this hotel was the waitress in the restaurant who was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL Airport. I apologise for the unpleaant experience at our hotel. We are in the process of updating our rooms floor by floor. Meanwhile may I suggest you stay with us at the Sheraton Suites or the Aloft, PHL on your next visit to Philly. They are a part of the Starwood family and I assure you that you will have a great stay.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Our flight in philadelphia airport has been cancelled so the US airlines gave us the hotel coupon for this hotel...it's very near and there is a good shuttle bus from airport every 20 minutes... the airport is very simple & basic and the bigger problem are the Hotel employee...very VERY V-E-R-Y slowly!!! Beside this issue we also just received one people in our room... The customer desk gave them wrong card!!! No comment

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL Airport. I apologise for the unpleaant experience at our hotel. May I suggest you stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton or the Aloft, PHL on your next visit to Philly. They are a part of the Starwood family and I assure you that you will have a great stay.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The Hotel Four Points By Sheraton located at the Philadelphia Airport was a refuge for me following Huricane Sandy. All of the Front Desk Staff was very caring and very friendly. The Room was first rate with a comfortable bed very well suited for a Business Traveler. The Hotel Team performed more like a Resort Staff rather than a Hotel Airport Staff. They seemed to go out of their way to insure my stay was first rate. I would like to point out Annette and Fran who daily asked how I was doing and how I was getting along after the Hurricane. The hotel is of course very close to the Philadelphia Airport with Free Shuttle Service for Pick Up and Drop Off to the Airport Departures. Since my Car was a victim of Hurricane Sandy I relied Heavily on the public transportation. The Philadelphia Septa Train at the Airport is very convenient and can has drop offs to Philadelpha 30th Street Station and from there I could take another Train or Bus to almost Anywhere in the City.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL Airport. I am sorry for the unpleasant circumstances under which you stayed with us. Hope all is well with you and the family now and you have recovered completely from the Sandy disruption. Glad to hear that our hotel and the staff members took good care of you in your time of need.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was sent here by US Airways as a result of a missed connection due to flight delays. I had to wait several minutes for the desk clerk to sign into her computer, with no acknowledgement, apology or apparent idea of customer service. I have never experienced such unprofessional staff at any hotel, but I was particularly surprised for a Four Points to be so poor. The room was in serious need of an overhaul - really, really tired. I suspect they give the lower-calibre rooms to airline guests, although it looks like overall reviews of this property are pretty negative. If I had paid for the room, I would have formally complained.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, PHL Airport. I apologise for the unpleaant experience at our hotel. We will definitely address your concerns with our staff members. May I suggest you stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton or the Aloft, PHL on your next visit to Philly. They are a part of the Starwood family and I assure you that you will have a great stay.

Sales Team

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!