“Service, Location and a Wee bit History.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters in Philadelphia

You added Club Quarters in Philadelphia to your Saves list
Club Quarters in Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1628 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Special Offer
Book Now and Save More!
Ranked #27 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
edinburgh scotland
“Service, Location and a Wee bit History.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was my 16th trip to the States and this could be my favourite Hotel. The Hotel facilities where good. Everything where it should be. It was the level of service and the little extras that push it up the League. After trying for 4 days in D.C. to find a computer or Internet shop I noticed 3 computers in the lobby, one of which was for printing Boarding passes. I asked reception how much they cost and was told, "Free" I then asked how long it can be used at one time and was asked why i do not use the room WI FI. When told I did not carry a computer an I Pad was provided for my stay.
Add to this, Cold water on every landing, tea coffee and water in the lobby with dispencers offering nuts, chips and (Wait for it) M&M's!! I Pod docking station in room. Microwave and fridge. And room srvice available not only from The 5 star Restuarant but 4 local takeaways.
The room was very clean and modern as was the bathroom.
This is all organised service but the level of personal sevice was up there to.
Oh, and location? Chestnut Street has everything from Macys to The Liberty Bell (and 5 Boys burgers) very very walkable.
One little thing, a $22 dollar cab to Pats for a Philly Cheesesteak? Not worth it, get one local.
Well done C.Q.

Room Tip: I was at the back and no traffic noise. Having said that I do not know if there was at the front?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Hebrew first
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Nice rooms and furnishings. Bottled water available on each floor is a nice touch. Great location in downtown Philly. Concierge service is very accommodating. The restaurant the have was nice, although expensive. Stop by the bar, try the Yard Brawler beer, I feel in love with it.
The biggest negative point I have to make is their treatment of young guests. I understand the stigma, but it is still degrading when I pay the same rate as all other guests. Was denied a room upgrade as soon as they saw we were young, and the desk staff seemed to be too busy with other guests to answer questions we had. The continental breakfast they offered was expensive and sucked.
Overall, it was a nice hotel and a great experience. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Push for a room upgrade (If you're not "too young"), they're inexpensive and well...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you'd like to stay in a walkable area of Philly and know you're in a special city, stay in the Club Quarters. Built in the 1920s, it's an interesting and groovy building which bears no resemblence to the millions of chain hotel rooms that all look the same. The rooms are small, but unless you plan to spend your entire visit inside a bedroom, it's a perfectly fine place to shower, sleep, and do some work (rooms have ample desk space, wifi, and lighting). The price is amazing for Center City Philadelphia and the location is safe and filled with shopping, restaurants, and public transportation. I will absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chevy Chase, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel over the weekend, and were very disappointed. I had received good reviews from friends and clients staying at Club Quarters in DC and NY, so we thought we would give it a try. The first room we got was the most dismal and depressing hotel room I ever checked into in the US. There was one window which was hidden behind a wall, so that there was literally no light coming into the room, and there was only one wall sconce, making it a very dark room. It was also freezing in there and the thermostat didn't seem to work to warm up the room. We asked for another room, and was told that there were none other available unless we wanted to upgrade ....for a fee. I refused so they told me that if we wait an hour or so, they would move us into another room once it was clean. We agreed. Another or so later, they did move us to another room with lots of windows, and more light. So there was an improvement but it was freezing cold in there too.
However, we were surprised by the poor quality of the towels and amenities in the bathroom. The entire experience was depressing.
On the plus side, the room and bathroom was clean; the location was excellent; and they provide free bottled water on every floor and free water and coffee and tea in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Asbury Park, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

All seemed to be well, until I mentioned my concerns about excessive noise throughout the night. The clerk, did not seem to care about what my opinion was and simply blew me off. A nice hotel with a terrible desk staff, is a deal breaker.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at the Club Quarters on business. The company I work for has a great rate at CQ so I decided to try it out. The hotel rooms reminded me of cruise ship cabins. The rooms are generally clean but nothing spectular. The beds are hard as a rock. If you just need a basic and functional hotel room that is studio style then this place is perfect. The location is fantastic being on Rittenhouse Square. There appears to be a very high end Italian restaurant connected to the hotel, but I did not eat there.

As for me, I travel often and I like comfort away from home. I will stick with the major hotel brands.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I work for a firm where we fly people in from all over the US. The past few months I have gotten nothing but complaints about this hotel. The air or heat is not working the walls are thin so thin that you can hear everything in the other rooms. At times it sounds like someone is trying to get into your room when they are trying to get in their own. Alarm clocks not working calling for a wake up call and the front desk forgets. One person had a problem with the air and had to put down an additional $200 to switch rooms. FYI to all you traveling to Philly.

• Stayed October 2012