“Great energy, great service, super cosy” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Talula's Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 3,786 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th between Walnut and Locust
Description: Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.
Copenhagen
“Great energy, great service, super cosy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely brunch there. The kitchen was having a technical problem and staff bent over backwards to ensure we were compensated for any delays. Great food!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Very cute atmosphere & tasty food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very cute place....nice outdoor seating in good location in Philly close to everything. We had breakfast and it was all very tasty and artisan, farm to table style which we love. I'd definitely be a regular if I lived in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton
“Very good, lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

While we wish we could have eaten outside, we were warned of rain by the hostess. Luckily, we heeded her advice and sat indoors as it rained 45 minutes into our meal. It really does have a lovely outdoor garden area though. We started with a cheese plate that was delicious, followed by 2 equally yummy appetizers, the carrot soup and a fresh tomato salad. I think we all agreed that the cheese and appetizers were better than out entrees and vegetable sides. Everything was very fresh but the entrees did seem a little on the bland side. We had 2 of the fish entrees, the bouillabaisse, and the chicken. We somehow managed to save room for desserts. The desserts were very good and a nice ending to the meal. Our server was very nice and I believe that at one point the owner even refilled our water glasses. We would recommend it to anyone who enjoys fresh food and is heading to Philly. Even if you only had one of the many cheese plates and dessert, you would be getting a real treat.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I loved the food the service and the decor. I got the trout amandine and my husband got the pan-seard chesapeake striped bass. Both were delicious. We also tried the creamed kale and the roasted mushrooms. They have a great cheese selection so we may go back just to try some of them.

Visited June 2013
New Jersey
“Very, very good 1st time experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a five o'clock reservation on a Sunday evening and were seated at a great indoor table just before 5 (it was windy with the threat of rain outside, boo) Friendly, excellent staff who seem to really enjoy working at Talulah's and knew their menu inside and out, explaining items in great detail (a big like). We had the International Cheese Board and the Cucumber salad as apps. Though I like cheeses and cucumber as much as the next guy, I was preparing for a ho hum beginning. Wrong. The cucumber salad was fresh, perfectly ripe and fantastic (with feta cheese and pine nuts amongst other ingredients). Layers of different tastes made this extraordinary. The cheese board had a delicious selection of exotics (including one infused with caramelized onion, wow). Actually wow to all of them. As my wife and I enjoyed the cheeses, we contemplated if it would be wrong to order again for dessert! (But didn't, at the end, we had no room even for dessert) Our entrees were the lamb with polenta and the cod, which we both felt was perfectly cooked and seasoned. Both entrees were blended with various accouterments (I'll run out of room if I try to explain, so check the menu, very descriptive). Keeping with the cucumber theme, my wife raved about The Dreamer and I raved about The Wanderer, so unique I think because of the coriander. The bottom line was we met friendly knowledgeable staff and enjoyed unique delicious food and drink. Well done!

• 5 of 5 stars Food