“GREAT BBQ IN PHILLY” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Baby Blues BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #212 of 3,780 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We are in walking distance to 30th St Station. We are 1/2 a block away from the "EL", so you can travel to all Philly sports stadiums within minutes.
Description: This will be the fourth edition to the Baby Blues BBQ family and the first on the East Coast. We will be serving barbecue dishes from multiple American traditions.
nj
“GREAT BBQ IN PHILLY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Whenever I visit my daughter attending nearby Drexel University, we make it a point to visit Baby Blues BBQ. I always get the Memphis ribs which have always been very tender, well seasoned and not too greasy or fatty. The sides are pretty good, although I normally order the baked beans & corn on the cob. Unlike other restaurants, you are given a choice of BBQ sauces (all I believe are homemade) and each has a very different taste. The wait staff will recommend & explain each of the sauces based on your tastes and what you've ordered. The inside of the restaurant is a bit cramped but not claustrophobic. If it is a nice day I would suggest sitting in the small outside seating area.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Baby Blues is THE place for BBQ in Philly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Great food, pulled pork, brisket to the baby back ribs. Also a great
Beer selection and fair pricing
In a city. Ate here several times during stay in Philly. Owner is always onsite and makes you feel at home

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Towson, Maryland, United States
“TOP BBQ IN TOWN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Not going to mince words, here; this place has the best BBQ in town! Had the pork and meat dishes, and the taste was incredible. If you are a serious lover of BBQ fare, this is the place to go in Philly.

Visited February 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“It's a Little Tight, But the food is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife & i had our Valentines dinner there. the place was a little tight but as soon as you got in, the smells became sooo appetizing.the server was really busy, but attentive to our needs. My wife had the "suicide Kings App, and I had themphis ribe Hush Puppies. both were very good, our only wish was that the cornbread( which was great) should have been served warm. For our entrees I had the "Mason dixon" 1/2 memphis Ribs & 1/4 BBQ Chicken with Potato salad & collard greens as my sides. all were very good, seasoned well, very tasty, the potatoes were under cooked is the only disappointment I had. My wife had the fried catfish with creamed spinach & mac & cheese. the catfish was perfect, the creamed spinach was good, the Mac & cheese was a bit dry for our liking though. one of the cooks(Walt?) came out and talked to us about their history and food philosophy, and also got us a sample of the brisket.
Over all it was a great experience we will definitely return and order the Brisket!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Acton, Massachusetts
“Fresh and fiery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had the Blackened Catfish, with fried okra, corn bread and baked beans. Could've done without the baked beans-nothing special. But omg! that catfish, and corn bread!! The best I've ever had! My daughter had the Memphis ribs and they were excellent, never had ribs that fall off the bone like that before. The sweet tea with free refills was a perfect accompaniment for the hotness of the food. I can't wait to go back there!!

Visited February 2013