“Great way to visit Philadelphia” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Come explore the nation’s birthplace with City Running Tours - Philadelphia. Philadelphia is home to America’s most historic square mile featuring sites such as the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and the Betsy Ross House. In the Art Museum District, you can tour the many art museums in the area and run up the steps that Rocky made famous. You can also explore Fairmount Park with over 215 miles of scenic trails making it the largest urban park system in the nation. And of course, what trip to Philadelphia would be complete without seeing where our famous Philadelphia cheese steaks are made? By running with City Running Tours, you can see these things first hand with a knowledgeable guide who shares your passion for running.
West Hills, California, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Great way to visit Philadelphia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was actually looking to see if there were any races coming up on the weekend I was visiting from Los Angeles and the River to River tour came up instead. I thought it would be a good way to see Philly and get in some exercise at the same time and that's exactly how it turned out. Besides the usual sites of Independence Hall, city Tavern, Comcast Center and the two Rivers, there was a great monument to the Irish immigration to the US that I would have missed if not for this tour. My questions were answered promptly by email with great customer service overall.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Exceeded my Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was looking to do something different for my birthday that included exercise.
At first glance, the Liberty Bell City Running Tour didn't seem that exciting.
However, my expectations were pleasantly exceeded.
We were a small group of 4 plus the tour guide and it was fun.
Guide was very friendly and knowledgeable.
Got smarter about my city and burned some calories.
I've been sharing and recommending with others and will look to do another tour in the future.
Its a unique option especially for visiting friends who are active.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Fun !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

A great way to see Philadelphia. Went by so quickly wish we could have ran and seen more of Philadelphia. Rich was very knowledgeable and a great tour guide.

Tokyo, Japan
4 attraction reviews
“Perfect Running Tour !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I enjoyed running in PAhiladelphia for 3 days.
It is my first time to visit USA.
All of my guides were so friendly and smart.
They took my photos with smile, everytime I wanted.
I will not forget this precious time forever. I was so appreciate them.

Visited June 2012
Cambridge
“My Philadelphia run!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Running the streets of Philadelphia with my personal tour guide and jogging buddy was a fantastic way of exploring Philly and to begin to understand the layout of this historic city. A great way of keeping fit too plus much better than sitting in a tour bus where you don't really experience the feeling and fabric of the city streets and buildings. I'd recommend to anyone who wants an alternative way of experiencing Philly to give this a go!

Visited March 2012