“Eating your way through China Town in Philly!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 122 Activities in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present the first, "name-your-own-price "Philadelphia tours. These unique and entertaining tours will take you through many of Philly's most interesting neighborhoods. We offer a wide range of sightseeing tours to help you get to know Philadelphia.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Eating your way through China Town in Philly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Even though I live in suburban Philadelphia, I had never taken a food tour of China Town prior to my recent experience. Jenn Hensell was a fabulous guide, and her knowledge of the history, the Asian culture, and her familiarity with many of the little cafes and food shops brought the entire section of Center City to life for me. The tour culminated at a great find of a cafe, where we enjoyed various Dim Sum dishes. Having lived in SF in my lifetime, I was really happy to find the tight-knit Asian community doing well in Center City, and having access to real Chinese food, such as I remember from the years I lived near China Town, in SF. Kudos to Jenn for taking me on such a fun adventure, and for pointing me in the direction of such great goodies. And, the trip to the Asian grocery store was really fun, as I bought some excellent ginger tea, at a fraction of what I would pay out here in the suburbs. Thanks again, Jenn!!

Wenatchee, Washington, United States
“Philly free walking tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Went on the free walking tour with guide Chris Kuncio. It was fantastic. We only had one day in Philly to take in all the history and so decided to do one of the walking tours. So glad I chose this one. They work for tips and he deserved a big one. Great insight into the area and saw all the highlights and sights. Very knowledgeable and friendly

Alexandria, Virginia
“A great day in Phily”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I went to Phily for a day trip on our anniversary. Neither of us had been to Phily and Free Tours by Foot was a perfect intoduction and jumping off point. The walk was easy but hit all the historical highlights. Our tour guide, Chris, was excellent. He was personable, engaging, knowledgeable and really great ambassodor for the city of "brotherly love".

4 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We saw everything that had anything to do with any historical significance. Our tour guide, Matthew, was hilarious and he knew a lot about the history and made it fun while making me want to learn more. Huzzah!

Guelph, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Perfect for your first day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The 4 hour tour is amazing. It gave me such a good overview of the city. It doesn't feel rushed because it is 4 hours, but you can definitely still go back to some of the places to you see to enjoy them more! The guides are amazing too!

Visited September 2012