“Superb service, supber food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dandelion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 3,481 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th and Sansom
London, United Kingdom
“Superb service, supber food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

When my US colleagues suggested going to a British-style pub I was sceptical. Coming from London, we've got a fair few pubs to compare. From the outside, I wondered what to expect as it's quirky exterior didn't look that appealing. Inside though, there was a nice atmosphere. The serving staff were friendly, helpful and polite. I opted for the roast chicken with bubble and squeak - and have to say, probably the best roast chicken I've ever had! If you find yourself in Philly, make sure you try out this restaurant - it's well worth the trip.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Barrington, New Jersey
“Great Food & Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

First time trying Dandelion - the food didn't let us down, however the prices are a bit steep for what you get. I know, it's a Starr restaurant, but Fish N Chips shouldn't cost $19.75, especially when you get just 1 piece of fish. That said, we knew what to expect with the cost so we were prepared. The Fish N Chips were awesome. Probably the best i've ever had. Fiance ordered the Skate which was again, a pretty small portion, but was very good. We also ordered the Curried Fish Cake (crab and cod) app which was very good, but again, we only got 3 very small (smaller than a golf ball) sized cakes. At least give us 4 so we can each eat 2!! The beer choices were solid. I tried the English Cask which was very good, but again pricey ($10 for a pint!!). Our server was very attentive and helpful. I loved the dark pub atmosphere too. Overall, no complaints other than the cost to food size but that seems to be expected with most Starr restaurants.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fish and Chips without a doubt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Have had fish and chips in a few different places in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area, as well as in London, and have to say that the Fish and Chips here is so far the best. Well, as good as anything I've had in London. In fact, they were good enough the first time, I had them again on our second time to eat at Dandelion.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This restaurant provided a great variety for veggie lovers out there! I had a celery meal that at first thought seems kinda... weird... but after trying it, I LOVED IT! The atmosphere was great! It had a British feel and the furniture is from a British auction. Loved the service, the theme and ambiance. HIGHLY recommended!

Visited March 2014
pa
“Nice birthday lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I've been wanting to try this place for quite some time now. I believe it was featured on tv for their famous fish and chips. So of course I had to try. It was well worth the wait. Perfectly flaky and golden fish with thick cut potato fries. We also tried the mussels, deviled eggs, & crab cake balls. All were delicious. Can't wait to return!