“Great Setting with a Super Gastropub Menu” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dandelion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 3,785 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th and Sansom
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Setting with a Super Gastropub Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Everything about The Dandelion says, "food and ambience matter." We loved both the upscale British pub feel and the menu that was interesting without being odd. The curry deviled eggs, the Welsh Rarebit and the pickled beetroot were are all tasty. The cask conditioned ales were a great reminder that beer should never be "ordinary." Entrees were updated versions of pub food. My fish and chips were perhaps the best I've ever eaten.

It was a great meal; we'll certainly be back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Media, Pennsylvania
“Always hits teh mark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Another great experience at the Dandelion. Always something near and different on the menu to try and continue to be impressed. Their selection of cask beers is great. Try the sampler. English Bitter is my fav so far. The team there is always welcoming, helpful with parking , great service and help with selections. Warm , friendly atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New
“Great experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

What a great place! Fish and chips were the best I have had. Brussels sprouts were amazing and the service was excellent.

Visited January 2014
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Very good food, outstanding bar service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The fish and chips were quite good, although I found the batter slightly too salty. I sat at the bar and the service was outstanding (definitely scores a 5 out of 5). I went at a slightly off-hour (around 2:30 p.m. on a Friday) so perhaps I got a little more attention than during a busier time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good but need to be socialable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Atmosphere was warm considering the weather but the service was little unsociable. I’m looking to have a waiter or waitress to be a little more engaging. We asked about the specials and she told us they do not have daily specials. Which was fine but here was her chance to brag about the place she works for…
She did mention the salad being very good but how about telling us what your favorite meal is along with a beverage recommendation, or a dessert?
We ordered the CURRIED CRAB, COD & CHILI CAKES for a starter and everything was good and priced accordingly.
I then ordered HOUSE BLEND AGED BEEF BURGER, I thought it was tasty and filling and I even enjoyed the hamburger bun it came out on… Too many times when having a sammich, the bun takes over the sammich instead of the burger. But, the burger was put together nice. The burger came with a side of fries and they were the thick steak fries we all know and love…they were good as well!!! Although I did think the burger was slightly overpriced ($16.50). OUCH!!!
My running theme lately is that the waiter asked if we wanted to have water…we all said yes and the vanished. Hello!!! How about if we wanted a soda, a wine, a beer, a juice... Well, we did get our water.
Beyond our lunch was good and filling. I would love to go back and check out the bar area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere