“spicy but good” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Han Dynasty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #277 of 3,786 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“spicy but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is one of my favorites. They have several locations and I have been to the one in Royersford, the original, and the one in Manyunk. Have not tried this location but they are all the same menu. Great preparation, I love spicy and also am a vegetarian, there is plenty to choose from. If you have friends who don't care for spicy they can make some blander items.

Try the scallion pancakes and the dan dan noodles. I also had the pea leaves last visit, loved them. The place in Manyunk was very loud so that is the reason for the 4 stars.

• Visited October 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Dan Dan Noodles Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Ok, so first things first, you MUST like spicy food to enjoy this place. Almost everything on the menu is spicy, but if you can get past that (and even like it), then you will LOVE this place. I highly recommend the Dan Dan Noodles and Crispy Cucumbers. Ever since my sister introduced me to Han Dynasty, I make sure I make a stop there every time I'm in Philly. Plus, they are moving to a new location (across the street) which I think is a little bigger so getting a table shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Visited October 2013
“Awesome food, hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

First time here and everything was great! Very busy at lunch time and we only waited a few minutes for a table. The food comes out when it's ready, so if you're picky about when your stuff comes out, just make sure you're cool with this aspect.
Excellent service and the flavors of each dish were great!
I'd go back in a minute...

• Visited October 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Fantastic and authentic Chinese food in SIchuan style.i would highly recommend anyone who loves hot spicy food going there and have a try! You will not be disappointed. It is probably the best hot food in US

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia
“Second time back - will come again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is the second review I had for Han Dynasty. This is also the second time that I was very happy with the restaurant and the food. I was able to put in a reservation for 4 people at 8pm on a Saturday. They called to confirm my reservation and had the table waiting for us the second we walked in.

The service was good, the food was outstanding. Again we ordered the DanDan noodles which are served in a spicy peanut sauce. I also had the Kung Pow chicken which was fresh and spicy.

I was very pleased with this visit. I will be back again and again.

• Visited September 2013