“Good barbeque” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Percy Street Barbecue

Percy Street Barbecue
900 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147 (City Center East)
215-625-8510
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Percy Street Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 3,484 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Percy & South Streets
Description: Percy Street Barbecue features dry-rubbed brisket, ribs & chicken. Meats are wood-smoked in our authentic barbecue pits & served with classic sides. A full service bar offers 100+ craft beer cans, bourbon, cocktails & a vintage jukebox. Eat in or take out. Now open for lunch on Saturday and Sunday!
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good barbeque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Went their during restaurant week. Awesome deal and ALOT of food. Food was great and the sides were delicious. Just too full for dessert. Will definiltely go back next time I'm in Philly

Visited September 2013

San Francisco, California
“Tasty BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I came here with 2 friends/co-workers while in Philadelphia for a conference. The restaurant isn't very big, and it gets packed! I would definitely recommend making a reservation, especially on weekends.

We ordered the BBQ fries to share - suuuuper tasty. They pile a lot of meat and cheese on there. The meat entrees don't come with any sides, but we didn't really miss them since the meat portions are so large. I got the pulled pork which comes with a bun and coleslaw to make a sandwich. There was a lot meat, and I couldn't finish it. My fellow diners got the smoked brisket and spare ribs; both of them were very happy with their meals.

It's a little pricey for BBQ, but the portions are pretty large and they use high quality ingredients. I would recommend trying out this place if you're craving some tasty BBQ.

Visited November 2013
Tucson
“Outstanding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

On a Sunday night my friend and I, both critical afficionadoes of barbecue - we both hail from Texas; she now lives in North Carolina, I live in Arizona - made our way to the Percy St Barbecue. We had some misgivings because it was doubtful that "real" BBQ could ever be found in Yankeeland. What a great surprise! We had brisket and ribs -- both outstanding! They served cheese grits with the appetizer -- impeccably cooked. Now, grits have a bad name because most people don't know how to cook them. We could have made a meal off these, but the smoked brisket left us licking our fingers and debating if we should order more. Even though the restaurant was incredibly noisy and we had to wait 30 minutes to get in (it was after an Eagles game) and it was located in an iffy area of town, I would go back there in a heartbeat. Good selection of beer, combo plates, generous servings, it's got everything.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“Overall disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have not been to any other BBQ place in Philadelphia, but I sure hope this isn't the best the city has to offer. I started with the pork belly. Unfortunately, the pork belly had clearly been reheated one too many times or overcooked from the start. It was smothered with a sauce, which was way too sweet. The side was a cured egg yolk on top of an odd potato cake of some sort. Overall, no contrast in flavors, boring dish. I then had the grilled shrimp. The shrimp were so over seasoned that I could barely eat them. I then had the "famous" brisket. I got the main entree, which consisted of four pieces, I'm guessing totalling 6-8 ounces. There was no option was a larger portion. Beyond this, the restaurant offers thee housemade sauces. The hottest was not very hot at all.

Visited October 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Restaurant Week Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

During Restaurant Week you can get the following for $35 (feeds 2, served family style: BBQ ribs, 1/2 chicken, brisket; jalapeño cornbread, cheese & crackers, baked Mac and cheese, potato salad, baked beans with burnt ends, sauerkraut, coleslaw, and collard greens. My husband and I split this meal and had plenty of leftovers. We each ordered a local beer (Sly Fox can, Yards draft) and our bill came in under $50 (including tax, not including tip). Pretty good value for the ridiculous amount of food we got and considering the typical cost of dining out in Philly.
Location is great..right on South St. which provides some good people watching.
We had made a reservation on opentable and were seated by the open front windows immediately upon arrival. Overall a great experience! We'll definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013