“Essence of South Philly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Philadelphia Urban Adventures

Philadelphia Urban Adventures
1 N. Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)
215-280-3746
Website
Update attraction details
Book Now

Ranked #7 of 79 activities in Philadelphia
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Philadelphia Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Philadelphia. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Philadelphia. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
philadelphia
“Essence of South Philly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We went on a special walking tour with Chris on October 27, 2012 in South Philly. A gift from two of our children, it was terrific. We were a group of seven. One family, a Canadian and my husband & I walked for 4 hours. If you don't like walking, don't go. Chris was very personable, knowledgeable and very good tour guide. He gives Philadelphia a good image. I'm a Philadelphian, all my life. I've never walked South Philly. One of my children lives in South Philly and said we haven't had an experience like South Philly. We're from Northeast Philly (Pennypack Woods). We learned so much, history, architecture and it surprised us how much we didn't know. The price very reasonable. You will need $15 for parking & cash to tip Chris. Also, Lunch in South Philly, most places only take Cash and will cost around $50. There's alot of places to choose from.

Winchester, Tennessee, United States
“Loved our tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We took the History in HD tour in the Old City with Chris. His enthusiaism was contagious as he showed us the sights and shared historical tidbits. A walking tour with a guide who loves his subject is the best way to explore a city. We highly recommend.

“Great Day!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I took the Italian Market tour. Our guide was Chris who was very informative. My husband and I are life long Philadelphians but had never been to that part of the city. The people in the shops were very welcoming and many shared the story of their business and offered us samples. I would highly recommend this tour for any visitors or locals.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“History in HD Tour of Philadelphia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I always felt that tours are only as good as your guide. Our tour guide Chris Kuncio was fantastic! Felt like we had a personal tour of the Philadelphia with many lesser known facts included. Ended our tour in Old City at a brew pub. How many tours do that? Would definitely recommend Urban Adventures if all guides are like him!

6 attraction reviews
“See Philadelphia from a different view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Urban adventures in Philadelphia was just great. It was a two hour walking tour with Nina, a very knowledgeable tour guide and covered old city and a few blocks in each direction from there. Small group so you had a chance to ask questions about what you were seeing. I live here and still found things I had not known about and just enjoyed seeing the city from a different view.