“Friendly staff; good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua

Aqua
705 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)
215-928-2838
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center East
Burlington, New Jersey
“Friendly staff; good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Visited on a quite night when the rest of the city was watching fireworks so had the place to ourselves mostly. To start, the Thai mojitos were delicious. We sampled a few apps - potato curry (good curry), satay tofu (weird flavor, bland tofu), and fried squid with peppers and onions ( very good). Then for dinner we sampled the Kari Mee with tofu (so-so), Pad see ew (delicious and very flavorful), and the soft shell crab (awesome, well done!).

Overall we were satisfied with our quite couples night out for Thai.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rockville Centre, New York
“Really tasty Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Had lunch here. I ordered the Malaysian Fried Rice. It has shrimp, tomatoes, onions and green beans. What can I say, it was DELICIOUS! I will definitely return.

Visited May 2014
Toronto
“So-so Malay, It's not Singapore...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

So having spent about a month in Singa last year I have a pretty good taste for Malay. Aqua looked hopeful and the Roti-pratha was bang on (save the curry sauce or just order more). But from there dinner was not as good. Spicy seafood stirfry was okay, but mainly calamaris and mainly soy with thai maepranom sauce. Beef rendang was watery, not thick and coconutty - and I know every family's rendang is different, but this did not draw me in and for me to leave a plate of sauce when there is rice available means it did not wow me. Reduce that sauce, little more coconut cream and a bit of palm sugar - and I would have eaten rice and rendang sauce for an hour. Seriously.

Visited April 2014
Cape May, New Jersey
“Tasty food + happy hour specials = happiness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Came here a few weeks ago with a friend. They had a great menu with a ton of choices. The server informed us of the happy hour specials and we ordered our choices. The service was quick, friendly and helpful. The mixed drinks were really good and the food was excellent. I will definitely be coming back in the near future.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wallingford, PA
“About Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Visited for lunch. Service was pretty good (4), but the food was uninspiring. I was particularly disapointed in the Won Ton soup, which was light on the flavor of the broth, and with too much added flavor from unusual spices.

• Visited January 2014