“Hotel Palomar, A Great Complimant to Our Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Philly Sports Package
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Hotel Palomar, A Great Complimant to Our Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I reserved rooms (20+) at The Hotel Palomar for our wedding guests and ourselves and it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding weekend. From working on the reservations with Kevin Dugan to the outstanding front desk service with Ariella Barshay and the over the top, out of her way service from Kayla Howard, we could not have asked for more. It was an outstanding experience, that will bring us back. The staff at The Hotel Palomar really understands customer service and they truly made a stressful weekend very easy and fun for us and more inportantly for our guests. Our guests had nothing but great things to say.
The hotel is located in a great area of the City, with easy walking access to all the City has to offer.

We had a great stay and will be back to celebrate future anniversaries.

Thanks to Kevin, Ariella and Kayla!

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite is amazing, hard to beat that bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Peter H,

Thank you for letting us serve you at such a very special time in your life. You entrusted us with the care of your family and friends and it was our pleasure to make them feel at home. Congratulations again and best wishes to both you and your wife and your life together. We hope to have you with us again on one of your many future anniveraries!

James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband & I enjoyed a romantic getaway in November to Philadelphia. A little chilly, but we enjoyed the historic sights & our hotel. The entire staff was wonderful & welcoming. They have a happy hour from 5:00-6:00 with free wine & popcorn. It was fun to talk with people, & they were generous with their wine. We liked the bar/restaurant, as well. Our room was lovely, and the hotel is within walking distance to the Reading Terminal Market, Independence Square, museums on Ben Franklin Parkway. I recommend the Barnes Foundation. I joined the Kimpton In Touch rewards program. It is well worth joining online. They alert you to special promotions for all of their hotels. We will always remember our stay at the Palomar.

Room Tip: all of them
Green Features: an environmentally thoughtful hotel you are invited to reuse your towels, etc
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 182dja,

Wow! Thank you so much for your lovely review. Nothing makes us happier here at the Palomar than to hear our guests say that they will always remember their stay with us. I'm glad we could make you feel warm in this chilly city we call home!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We recently stayed during Thanksgiving week. We were in a double bed guest room which was quite small for 2 adults and 2 children. With all our luggage and shopping bags, there wasn't any room to walk around. Bathroom also very small. Hotel is quaint with a funky vibe. We liked the happy hour with the complimentary popcorn. Hotel is situated in Rittenhouse Square so very lively and many restaurants, bars, stores, and coffee shops in the area.

During our 3 night stay, we had one huge issue. The room next to ours played their music until 3 am! I had to call the front desk multiple times asking them to have them turn the music down. I even went down to the Front Desk at 1 am in my pajamas to request that they do something about the noise. It finally stopped at 3 am but since we were getting up at 7 am for an appointment, we were all exhausted! I spent part of the day napping in my room and missed out on sight seeing and spending time with the family. No one at the hotel acknowledged this huge disturbance the next day. I approached a manager at the front desk and she said that the Night manager had told her about the incident. She offered to compensate us. At check out the next day, there was no compensation on the bill. I had to retell the story from the night before to two front desk assistants. Finally, I was told that the Manager that had helped me would be back later and that they would call me when there was a resolution. This was Thanksgiving Day so we were eager to get on the road. No one called me so I called back the next day. At that time, I did speak with the original Manager. She apologized for not calling and said that they would like to offer me a free night the next time I stayed in their hotel. Well that was a nice offer but I had no plans to be back in Philadelphia and would need to buy airfare to fly from Atlanta just to use my free room! She finally rectified the situation and compensated us the one night's stay which was very nice but shouldn't have taken so much work. Honestly, if they had sent an apology basket or token gift from the hotel they day of the incident I would have been fine.

Otherwise, great location, friendly staff, pet friendly, and good value.

Room Tip: Our room faced a brick wall so very dark and gloomy. Recommend a room with sunlight.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so sorry for the difficulties that you experienced while you were a guest with us over the Thanksgiving holiday. It sounds like the guests next to you may have been enjoying a little too much "holiday cheer". Noise at that level and at that hour is just not acceptable. We take the comfort of our guests very seriously so I'm sorry that was not reflected in the time that it took to resolve the issue. We do hope that you will come visit us again in the future for a much quieter stay.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We live in New York but like to get out of the routine sometimes and take the Jersey Transit/SEPTA train lines ($26 instead of $100 for Amtrak) to Philly for a fun weekend. The Kimpton Inn, Hotel Palomar is right near all the action downtown, it sits just a block from Rittenhouse Square so you can walk the entire city from this location. From when you arrive until your departure you feel like a special guest, as you should. Most places of business have lost this touch, but not here. They welcome you by name, they have all your choices waiting such as what floor you want to be on to my choice of feather pillows! The house cleaning services are excellent, they have wonderful robes hung up in the closet and everything you would need whether on business or pleasure, short or long stay. I expect a lot from a hotel and these folks go up and over the top to make that happen, well worth the money spent! They also have free bike usage and expert recommendations for Philly, to see, eat or relax, go and enjoy.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark G,

I'm glad you had a great stay with us. I have to tell you, I'm a big fan of that $26 NYC to Philadelphia train fare myself. One brief stop in Trenton - can't beat it! Anyway, thanks for all the kind and positive feedback. I hope that you join us again on your next quick jaunt down to Philly.

baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Palomar is a standard bearer for what the Kimpton organization is about - hip, friendly, forward thinking and anticipatory in their business. Thoughtfully decorated and efficiently operated, this is a place you'd want to stay. The restaurant on site is breakfast / lunch by day and bar / dining at night. 5pm happy hour is complimentary wine in the lobby (by the fireplace). Animals welcome, front staff and doormen on their game and a central location to boot. Quality bedding and a really good "vibe" make this a great place to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - windows on two sides
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Truefeedback,

Thanks for coming to stay with us here at the Palomar Philadelphia! As someone who seems to really 'get' Kimpton, I'm happy that we were able to meet the standards that you have come to expect at our hotels. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Masachusett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Hotel Palomar is a beautiful hotel in downtown Philadelphia. From the hotel you can walk to many of the interesting tourist spots such as the Comcast Center and Reading Market. Rooms were lovely and comfortable.
Morning coffee and some afternoon socials in their lobby made you feel at home. The staff was competent and friendly.

Hotel restaurant always seemed busy tho we chose not to eat there due to limited selections on the menu and we had friends in the area who invited us to dinner each evening.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Puppetgal8,
Thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad that you enyoyed our Kimpton traditions such as morning coffee and afternoon cocktails! Since you were last here, we have a brand new menu at Square 1682 that we are all really excited about, so be sure to check that out next time you are in town.
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We loved staying at the Palomar. The service was wonderful, the staff was first-rate, the restaurant cuisine was excellent, and the hotel itself was comfortable and modern. We really enjoyed the wine reception on such a cold, November night and the room was quiet and comfortable. Plus, it was a great location in Philadelphia! Everything was great at the Palomar and we will recommend it to others and stay there again.

Green Features: This hotel is very eco-friendly, which we appreciated.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear stacksclan,

We appreciate your review and recommendations. We just started serving Hot Toddies at wine hour for the winter months. Come back and see us soon!

James

Been to Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!