This is by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff was warmer and friendlier (and didn't feel artificial), the style was modern and fresh, the rooms were comfortable and beautiful, and everything just seemed to work and feel better than all the desk chairs, drawers, lamps, showers, sinks, soaps, beds, pillows, blankets, and lights I had used at other hotels. I go out of my way to make sure I can stay at this hotel when I travel to Philadelphia for work.
A few hints for others interested in staying here:
1. Become a Kimpton In-Touch member: They only send about an email a month, usually just a promotion letting you know a bunch of hotel rooms are on sale, and in return you get a $10 minibar credit every time you stay. It's usually good enough for a beer, 1-2 waters, a snack, or some medicine.
2. If you're in a good mood (or a bad one), let the front desk know. They will go out of their way to make sure you have a good night. One night after talking to a front desk person I got a fruit plate sent to my room. Another night I got some bath salts. Made an already amazing stay even better.
3. The fitness room has treadmills, cardio machines, weights, and some other stuff. Many of the larger units have TVs installed on them, and there's some additional ones on the walls if you're doing weights or floor exercises. If you're trying to stay in shape make sure to bring some workout clothes and shoes to take advantage of the fitness room.
4. The location is within two blocks of some of the best food and drinks that Center City has to offer. It's also a block away from a mall, a block or two from a nice park (Rittenhouse Square I think), a few blocks from JFK Plaza (Love Park), a block from high-end shopping, and a block from the Dandelion Pub (my new favorite bar). As long as the weather is nice, go out and explore!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, is the first LEED Gold Certified luxury hotel in the heart of Center City is a testament to superior eco-friendly hotel design, personalized service and genuinely warm hospitality. Hotel Palomar is a unique luxury boutique hotel that features a striking lobby, the critically acclaimed Square 1682 restaurant and on-site fitness center. Throughout our boutique hotel, original artwork dynamically interacts with soft hues, luxurious custom furnishings and original architectural detailing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Amex, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Otel, getaroom.com, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.