“Love the Palomar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Philly Sports Package
Ranked #3 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
“Love the Palomar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were greeted by a lovely Ariella at the front desk who was charming and extremely helpful in giving us great recommendations. We were able to check in early and our room was perfect, Deep soaking tub was a big hit! Everything about the stay was amazing, including the personalized follow up by the manager Kayla (I thought it was automated so I replied and she responded immediately) Not sure how they do that!! Every time I look for a room in Philly, the Palomar will be at the top of my list....Worth every dollar, including the dollar you spend for two cocktails...oh, and they have wine and popcorn happy hour, FREEEEEEEEEEEE!

Room Tip: Deep soaking tub is a must.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
tom g,

Thanks for your kind remarks about your recent stay with us at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia. Our team really enjoys taking care of our guests. Please come back and visit your friends here at Hotel Palomar Philly real soon.

1,567 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

In Philadelphia for business, my host booked this hotel for me. The property itself is centrally located, slick, and handsome. The staff was welcoming and helpful. I came in at the conclusion of what appeared to be a wine service in the lobby. A handful of people were sipping wine by the fireplace -- very nice. My disappoinment was the amenities in the room itself.

One bedside light didn't work and one did. The next morning, I learned that the light switch by the door had to be on for the light on the near side of the bed t ok. The far side wasn't dependepent. This is unnecessarily complicated for a weary traveler.

The giant duvet was the only cover on the bed, so you could wake in the night roasting or shivering because you'd thrown it off in your sleep. Sheets and a light blanket would make a big difference.

Finally, the thermostat was a total pill. My choices were heat and a fan that went off and on all night or turning it off and waking to a very cold room. I had both experiences.

A lot of expensive design work and wine tastings do not make a hotel great. Ultimately, it is the quality of sleep. Which I did not get in my two nights here. Perhaps I got a clunker, but my business associate had the same experience. I need a room that delivers a top-notch sleep experience when I am on the road working.

Room Tip: Ask at the desk about the thermostat -- you may want to check it our before you unpack.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
NYCBookMark,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We take honest comments from our guests and use the comments to help us learn and improve. I have shared your comments with our engineering team and they will focus on the areas you mentioned. We really do want to win you over.

QUEENS ,NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Don't have one bad thing to say about this hotel. The decor is wonderful. The service is exceptional. We loved the wine and popcorn hour is was a great touch to the evening. The location is excellent near everything you need food and shopping.

Would go back with out a doubt. LOVED IT. Great job to the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
LINLIN2216

We’re thrilled that you chose Hotel Palomar Philly and had a great time. Sending happy thoughts right back at you. Please come back and let us take great care of you all over again.

Wendell B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Not one of the staff ever walked past us or acknowledged us and didn't ask us if we needed something or had any questions.
Carlos went above and beyond, almost literally taking us to the Franklin Institute!!
Nice to see such passion in your staff and pleez look out if the Phillies don't play well.
I'd steer clear of Nina!....

• Stayed November 2012
Ian1231,

Thanks for your kind remarks about your recent stay with us at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia. Our team really enjoys taking care of our guests. I have shared your comments with Carlos and he was verry happy to be recognized. Please come back and visit your friends here at Hotel Palomar Philly real soon.

Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Was attending a conference at the Philadelphia Convention Center. The thought of thousands of fellow attendees sharing the Marriott at the PCC or another large hotel chain seemed less than ideal. The reviews of the Palomar on Trip Advisor convinced me to try a boutique hotel. Though a 15 minute walk to the PCC, this turned out to be an excellent choice. The staff is outstanding, friendly and outgoing - all making one feel as part of the family. Although I did not partake, there is evening wine and cheese and morning continental breakfast served in the lobby. Excellent bedding and quiet! Note the room choice comment below - the only potential drawback,

Room Tip: Getting a high floor is a definite advantage. I was on the 15th (out of 21) and initially given a n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
steveandmary401,

Thanks for choosing Hotel Palomar Philadelphia. I am glad that you felt just like family. Please come back and visit your Palomar Philly family again real soon.

Nyack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We've always stayed across the street, but now that I've been introduce to Kimpton, I only look for Kimpton when I am away. Sure it is a little pricey but that's the price you pay for the quality of service here. I love that this place is small and everyone 'knows your name'. Everyone that I walk by had a genuine smile and a wonderful attitude. You can tell that the staff are happy to be there, Love the library, which is really not a Library but the Asian lady on 25th floor 'who we scared' by accident. (sorry again) explain to us why it was called the library. If you want to know about it, you have to go see it for yourself. We enjoyed our quiet time in the library. Thanks for the tour of the space and showing us the beautiful views from up top. Your guys ROCK!

Room Tip: Spa rooms are great for couples
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Sammy M.

Our goal is to offer our Best Service to our guest, Thanks for noticing. I am thrilled that you have become a loyal Kimpton guest. We will always make you feel welcome and provide those little "extras" so that you feel right at home. Looking forward to having you back real soon.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Never heard of this place, a friend told me to book a night and I will forever love it. She was right and I am officially a Kimpton LOVER or a Palomar LOVER! My mother was there for a meeting on the 24th floor over the weekend and I was tagging along. We had a wonderful weekend, the meeting staff was amazingly friendly and helpful, took care of me while I was waiting for my mother. Everyone was great, All I could say is THANK YOU and keep it up. Will be back and this time it will only be me and my partner.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor, the noise late night from the club next door is pretty loud, between 11pm to 3...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cindy M,

I am so happy that your friend told you about Hotel Palomar Philly. Wow, we made you LOVE us on your first stay. We Love you right back. We can't wait for you and your partner to come back and enjoy a relaxing weekend with us.

Wendell B.

Been to Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!