“Super Dog Friendly in Philly!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Philly Sports Package
Ranked #3 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Morristown, New Jersey
“Super Dog Friendly in Philly!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Cheers to a great pet friendly spot in philly. We spent a weekend with our kids and dog boomer and it was great. No stress about the dog. Staff was very cool with dogs. Room was good. Coffee in the morning could have been stronger. My wife loved the happy hour in the lobby. Very smart. Valet parking was very attentive. Good, smart, young management team doing a great job!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Eban42,

We are glad that you decided to bring the family and Boomer to stay with us here at Hotel Palomar Philly. We do love our pet guests here at Hotel Palomar and all Kimpton Hotels. Please bring the entire family back to visit us again real soon.

1,567 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was our second visit to Palomar and this place does not disappoint. The staff is superb without a hint of the phoney canned responses we've gotten at other luxury hotels. An example is upon our arrival our room was not ready even though it was 4 pm. Kristin at the registration desk apologized and offered us two complimentary drinks at the adjacent bar. She came back in less than 5 minutes with our room key. Classy! The wine reception is a winner too.

If you are booking this hotel I suggest you splurge for the Spa room. We stayed in a King room and it was a little small. The only issue we had that was no fault of the hotel was the excessive noise from both car horns and loud pedestrians that could be heard late into the night. I thought being on the 16th floor would negate this but it woke us up several times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CurlyCueGirl.

Thanks for staying with us again. We are thrilled that you have chosen Hotel Palomar Philly your hotel of choice when you visit Philadelphia.

We can't wait to see you again.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed for one night over the holidays arriving on Christmas Eve.  We were greeted warmly by staff and immediately each given a glass of wine.   Our King size cityview room was small but decorated well and had everything we needed.   The wine reception was fun, and a great way to meet guests and staff.   On Christmas morning the hotel restaurant had closed by the time we were ready to eat.   The staff accomodated by providing delicious hot oatmeal and fruit  at no charge.   Great location;  we've stayed at five star hotels in the area for alot more $$$$. No reason to now that we've found this gem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
mary10007,

We are so thrilled that you choose Hotel Palomar for your stay on Christmas Eve. Our team will be looking forward to providing you with that warm intimate service again the next time that you come and visit us here at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia.

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel was great with a perfect location if you want to be near great restaurants and rittenhouse square. The room was small but very nice with a great view of the city. The wine and popcorn hour every night was particularly awesome. My only major issue is that I felt we were overcharged for parking because I had prepaid for the parking but because of snowy weather conditions we decided to take the train at the last minute. However, when a checked in they refused to give us any credit even though parking was 40 bucks extra a night and I am a member of kimpton hotels rewards program. The worst part though was that we were emailed on the last night of our stay by the manager to see if or stay was satisfactory but when I emailed back explaining the situation I never received a response. I also put the same feedback on my internal hotel review but never received a response after that as well. While the Howell was great the response to my complaint was completely non existent and for that reason I will be booking somewhere else when I return in February. There are just to many great hotels out there to have to deal with being ignored when you have a complaint. Just makes you think what sort of response will you get if you have a bigger problem than this?

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jpardue1,

I would love to speak with you personally about your recent stay here at Hotel Palomar Philly. Our conversation will help me give our team the training, support and direction that they need to to exceed our guest's expectations. We really want to win you over.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was extremely pleased with every aspect of our stay at the Hotel Palomar. To begin, we came to Philadelphia with a unique purpose: to enter our dog in a clinical trial for cancer treatment at The University of Pennsylvania. I had read that this hotel was pet friendly, but that does not even begin to describe how well they treated our dog, Erma. Everyone went out of their way to be nice to her (and us) during a stressful time. This is especially true of the concierge, Christina, who was wonderful to us in every way and really made it feel like home. Besides being pet friendly, the staff was always warm, friendly, and happy to help. I highly recommend their wine hour, where we received several great restaurant recommendations from staff as well. The room was clean, well decorated, and we found the bed very comfortable. The hotel is also located within walking distance to a number of historic places and great restaurants. I can honestly say that many hotels have nice rooms and are in a good location, but I have never stayed at a hotel with staff as friendly and willing to help as the Hotel Palomar. Our dog needs to go back to Philadelphia for another treatment in 3 weeks, and we will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
frenchbulldog86,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us here at Hotel Palomar Philly. I hope that all is well with your dog and the cancer treatment. We really love our pet guests here at Hotel Palomar. Please let us know when you come back. Christina will be just as excited to see you and your dog again when you return.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I rely on trip advisor for every hotel we book, and this was a VERY EASY choice from the moment we saw the spa king room! Not only is the hotel one of our favorites, the price you can't go wrong! The only downside is the $40 daily car fee, but these days that is the norm.

Some of the many reasons why we LOVED this hotel

We LOVE boutique hotels (updated, clean, great service, unique amenities...pretty much, "the whole package"!!!)...and this had it ALL. From the moment we stepped out of our car, the bell hop was GENUIENLY the most attentive I've ever seen, not ones of those pretentious ones holding the door just looking for a hefty tip. Upon check in, the receptionist, I believe her name was Naeem, was more accommodating than ever, even asking us if we would like her to check out the room prior us to going there (We wanted the high floor with a view)...and couldn't have been happier, we only wish we could thank her in person! They have a daily wine hour with the most incredible truffle oil and citrus popcorn..and I hate popcorn until now! We met some great folks and really got to know the area from the superb clientele and level of service they provide. We did have martini's and apps at the associated bar, and although they were incredible, the bartender was very non-interested, but still makes a good drink.

The room - we stayed in the spa king, and that is a must! I'm a big spa tub girl and nice bathroom and this was the king of kings! Nice touch with the animal print robes, but I think that is in every room. If you have a significant other of just want to pamper yourself, splurge for the spa king, the separate whirlpool and shower is worth every penny!!!!

Level of treatment here is unsurpassed! My boyfriend and I were chatting in the elevator how excited we were to see our room after how accommodating and genuine and helpful the staff has been thus far, not to mention the BEAUTY of the hotel itself, and another gentleman in the elevator commented on how amazing this hotel is that his wife called for a makeup mirror and were to deliver it immediately and if it wasn't what she liked they would go out and buy her a better one! How can you beat that!

Location - AMAZING! step outside and you are in the perfect vicinity to it all! I'm more of a shopper and great bars while my boyfriend loves culture and here it was all within blocks! We walked everywhere and had a blast.

Great hotel, great location, only wish there were more like this!

Room Tip: Spa king room on a high floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SuzieQtee,

Thanks for telling everyone on Trip Advisor how much you LOVED your stay with us here at Hotel Palomar. We LOVED having you and your boyfriend here with us and we can't wait to have you back so we can show you the love all over again.

All The Best

The Love Doctor
Bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Palomar for a business meeting - two days, one night. Probably the only frustrating part of my stay was the parking. 17th Street in the Rittenhouse area is a mess to begin with, so trying to pull up in front of this place appeared to be a nightmare. Luckily, there were plenty of valets out front. One of them quickly told me where to pull over in the next block. The valet followed me and met me at my car door in the next block and took care of everything.
The rooms were modern and clean. Same to be said for the bathrooms, if a bit small. The food provided to our groups was fine - nothing outstanding, but I blame our company for probably going with the "budget" lunch spreads.
I did not eat in the Hotel restaurant, but it looked nice. In the lobby that evening from 6 to 7, they offered free glasses of wine and some delicious popcorn with truffle butter and sea salt.
Overall my stay at the Palomar was fine. Despite the parking situation I mentioned, a real benefit is that the hotel is in walking distance to a lot of nice bars and restaurants. If you need to stay somewhere in the Rittenhouse area, I would definitely recommend the Palomar.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ZZ911,

Thanks for staying with us here at Hotel Palomar Philly. We would love to have you back again.
Please come back and see us again the next time your travels bring you to Philadelphia.

Wendell B.

Been to Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!