“BEST HOTEL/SERVICE EVER” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Philly Sports Package
Ranked #3 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Stamford, Connecticut
“BEST HOTEL/SERVICE EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

If you are looking for a gorgeous hotel, with wonderful rooms and exceptional service with a staff that is truly committed to going above and beyond to make your stay as amazing as possible - look no further than the Palomar Philadelphia. The touches are delightful - from 5-6pm there is an elegant wine reception in the lobby, and if you need ANYTHING the staff will take care of you! Kayla and Ann gave my friend and I the lowdown of the Philly area and great suggestions for a fun evening out on the town. They were truly the best part of our stay - thank you so much!! We will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Lauryn G,

Wow, Thanks for your kind remarks about the hotel and the staff. I have shared your comments with the team especially Ann and Kayla. Thanks for the special recognition for both of those ladies. They really love taking care of our guests.

Please come back and visit your Hotel Palomar Philly friends again real soon.

1,599 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

All of the recent reviews seem to sum up the feelings of our stay. Great staff, great locations, great facilities and great recognition of our membership of their loyalty scheme. Well done Kimpton! Actually well done Phili, loved our stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben22,

Thanks for choosing Hotel Palomar Philly and sharing your comments about your stay with us. Our team is thrilled that we made your stay great.

Please come back and stay with us again real soon.

Vicenza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

First of all you have to know that my husband and I have been here during honeymoon, so we're looking for a romantic treatment... and we got it! Strawberries and real italian prosecco in the room, fabulous! A big honeymoon spa in the room with jacuzzi... and after a romantic bath you can laugh a lot like us wearing your tiger and zebra bathrobes!! so nice!! In the late afternoon you can enjoy happy hour in the hall drinking good wine and meeting people and new friends. Very interesting experience!
With the complimentary car pick you can start visiting the city, very rich in historical monuments (the Indipendence Hall is wonderful, even if you're not American!) And after breathing history everywhere, don't forget the flight of steps of the Phil Museum of Art.. maybe you can feel like Rocky!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ChiaraDoc,

So you felt like a tiger inm robes. Thanks for the "roaring" review about our hotel and team members. Congratulations and we are glad that you chose to spend part of honeymoon with us.

You should plan to come back for your 6 month or 1 year anniversary. We will be waiting to make you feel welcome and special all over again.

Wendell B,
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I think this hotel has a phenomenal staff, one dedicated to unobtrusive but meaningful service across the board. The location cannot be beat and every amenity is superior. When I was given a room that was too cold, i was immediately upgraded to a bigger room with no problems. The hotel is elegant and understated, clean and well-maintained. The bar is small but inviting. I would not go anywhere else in Philly.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor: great views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
dpatters,

Thanks for choosing Hotel Palomar Philly and sharing your great experience with the Trip Advisor users. We want every guest that stays with us to feel just like you. We love taking of our guests and want them to love us so much that they don't want to stay anywhere else.

Please come back and stay with us again the next time you are in Philly.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

A hotel that matches its own description -- a warm welcome, excellent service and a pleasure to stay at for most of a weekend in December. As a building that formerly housed a chapter of the American Architects Association, the hotel offers a pleasing environment, in easy walking distance of historic sights. Rooms are smart, comfortable and well-equipped, and hotel bar and restaurant are good places for relaxation, with the lobby as an excellent meeting place for the wine hour mentioned by other guests. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
NPassant,

We are proud of the warm, intimate atmosphere that we have created here at Hotel Palomar Philly, and we love that you noticed it during your stay with us.

Our goal is to make every guest feel welcome and want to return as soon as possible.

Please come back and stay with us the next time that your travels bring you to Philly.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent a couple of nights at the Palomar, including New Year's eve. The staff coudn't have been nicer, it was clear from the beginning that there is a top-to-bottom culture of aiming to please. We were shown several rooms for us to choose he one we like best, somee requireing a slight upgrade fee. All rooms had a view to Samson Street, all of them modern, comfortable, but the winner was the King Spa room. We didn't see the 1-bedroom suite, I am sure that would have been nice as well. The pet-friendliness can be a bit annoying if you dont have pets, but otherwise it makes for an intersting environmnt. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
EK10000,

Thanks for choosing Hotel Palomar Philly and bringing in the New Year with us. We are proud of the service that our team provides for our guests. We are always thinking of ways to make our guest feel special and make their stay more enjoyable.

Please come back and stay with us again real soon.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Palomar over Christmas as a little getaway and am so happy I chose this hotel! I've been to Philadelphia before but had stayed in nearby NJ because of more pet-friendly options and lower hotel prices, free parking, etc. This trip, I knew I wanted to stay in the city to get the vibe and proximity to restaurants and the city center. I really like that this hotel doesn't charge extra fees for pets since Cooper is older and basically sleeps all day.
To find a place in the city, I figured I'd have to pay the typical $30-40 per night for parking but I found a promotional rate through their website that offered free parking for 2+ nights at a reasonable nightly rate so I booked it.
When I arrived, the valet quickly greeted me and unloaded the car while I took care of the dog. He met me with my luggage at the front desk while I was checking in. The whole check-in process was very efficient and painless, as it should be. Be sure to join their free InTouch customer loyalty program because they offer free wi-fi if you do, saving the normal $9.95/night. They also gave me a $10 mini-bar credit as an InTouch welcome gift -- nice touch!
The hotel is beautiful and in a very central spot to the City Center area. The room was beautifully decorated and quite comfortable with plenty of lighting and electrical outlets, surprisingly missing from many other hotels in this connected world. The wi-fi worked extremely well and was fast all times of the day and night. Once I got settled in, I went for a walk around the neighborhood with the dog. There's a beautiful park a couple of blocks away called Rittenhouse Square, where a lot of fellow dog owners walk. Philadelphia seems to be a very dog-friendly city. I also enjoyed many walks through the surrounding neighborhoods and found plenty of restaurants at all price points.
On the car-ride up, I noticed that Cooper was a little over-due for a bath so I called the front desk and asked for a referral to a groomer, assuming they'd know of some. I received top-rate service from Lindsay who not only recommended a nearby groomer but also made the calls for the appointment and even offered to walk Cooper over! I've stayed in many nicer hotels but never received this kind of personal service... I definitely appreciated it though I walked Cooper over myself.
I was met with friendly greetings and smiles with ever staff interaction, from doormen to front desk to housekeepers. I work in the hospitality industry myself and understand how difficult it can be to keep such a high-caliber staff, but Hotel Palomar is doing it right! Congratulations to management and the staff for maintaining such a welcoming environment! This is my first Kimpton Hotels stay but I can assure you it won't be my last. Hotel Palomar is my new standard for what a hotel can be.

Room Tip: Join their free InTouch customer loyalty program to get free wi-fi, saving the normal $9.95/night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
JimTravels2010,

We are so glad that our team members made you feel welcome and took great care of you and Cooper.

I have shared your comments with our team and they were thrilled to get the feedback especially Lindsay.

Please come back and see us again real soon. We will be waiting for you and Cooper.

Wendell B.

Been to Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!