“Great location & customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Philly Sports Package
Ranked #3 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
west virginia
“Great location & customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We planned on staying two nights, but my husband became ill and we only stayed one night. The hotel was gracious and only charged for one night, even though we had booked with a two night special. The hotel is centrally located and an easy walk to most center city locations. Staff was friendly and prompt with all services. The building has beautiful architectural details, but modern decor. The lobby has comfortable couches and a fireplace. Our corner room had city views, was compact, but felt roomy since a hallway led into the bed area. There was hot chocolate in the lobby (it was cold outside) and a wine reception which we did not attend. We would stay here again while visiting Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on an upper floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
cindywv,

Thanks for your review on Trip Advisor. I hope that your husband is feeling much better. We wish you great health and good cheer for 2013.

Please come back and visit your friends at Hotel Palomar again very soon.

1,560 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Wappingers Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Oustanding from reservation making to departure. More than welcoming of use and our traveling companion dog. Very pleasent people, very nice accomodations, and outstainding service.

Locaiton near Rittenhouse Sq put us near the restraunts we wanted to be in, and the park for the dog. Shopping all around.

Very quiet room, and very comfortable.

REGcastle,

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We are elated that you have decided to make us your base here in Philadelphia. We will always want to make you feel welcome and strive to make sure that you enjoy your stay.

All The Best!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have recently stayed at this hotel twice in the past four months and I can tell you the service just keeps getting better and better. Employees are all very educated on the hotel loyalty program and also what their city has to offer. I stay at another chain more often than I do Kimpton and the employees are not nearly as sharp as Kimpton employees.
My first stay at the Palomar I had to leave abruptly for an emergency at home which cut my trip 2 days short. They were very accommodating and understanding not just out to get your money for another night or your stay. I left in such a frenzy that I left my jewelry bag and hair straighter. Jenny from housekeeping called me hours later and assured me they would send out my stuff immediately. I was so impressed. I have stayed at fancier hotels and left an expensive handbag and called hours later where nothing was found. I really appreciate this and in fact it speaks volumes for me.
My next stay I took advantage of a birthday special that was sent to me over email. Booking was a breeze I came in from a long flight to see two cupcakes, chocolate, and water all waiting for me along with a nice personal card. This touch is just so wonderful and how they make their guests feel special. Again, this stay no problems at all everyone is friendly, and helpful in regards to where to go in Philly.

I will definitely be staying here more often on my trips to Philly.

Room Tip: Get the spa rooms or one bedroom suites both can't go wrong with.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tiffany W,

Wow! Thanks for the awesome review that you posted on Trip Advisor about your stay here at Hotel Palomar. Our team really focuses on service and making our guest feel special. I will make sure that I share your review with our team. They will be excited to hear your awesome comments.

Happy Holidays!

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

A great find in Philadelphia! A wonderful service oriented staff made this a great visit. From check in to room service to check out, we were treated with wonderful concern and consideration. Rooms are small, but well appointed and kept. Excellent room service and a good bar experience really "topped the cake". Highly recommend this centrally located hotel. Will be back.

Brian S,

Thanks for your review and letting the trip advisor world know that we offer outstanding service here at Hotel Palomar.

Please come back and visit us soon. Philly is only a short drive from Princeton.

Happy Holidays,

Batavia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed three nights at Hotel Palomar in Philly. Excellent hotel in great location for walking to everything! Nice complementary wine reception nightly. Rooms are great as well, nice lobby with fireplace.

• Stayed December 2012
BettyBatavia,

We are glad that you had a fabulous stay with us here at Hotel Palomar. Please come back and visit us again the next time that you are in Philly.

Happy Holidays

Ludlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Lovely hotel with some of the best service we've experienced. Nothing wrong at all. Highly recommend the city view room, becoming an in touch member and asking the front desk staff for resturant recommendations. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2012
HelenG34,

Greetings from across the pond. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Hotel Palomar while visiting Philadelphia.

Please come back and visit us the next time your travels bring you to Philly.

All The Best!

Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was my first time staying at a Kimpton property and I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the details paid to the amenities of this hotel. My hubby surprised me with a stay after seeing the Kevin Hart at the Wachovia Center. He used a special code from Facebook and we got lots of free goodies like raiding the mini bar, and free cocktails at the bar. The hotel is eclectic and reminds you of an upscale boutique as opposed to a chain. The room was well appointed with sheets to rival any Marriott or Hilton hotel. The front desk clerks were extremely accommodating and the concierge left chocolate Coverdale strawberries and champagne in our room with a hand written note for our anniversary. In the bar George came out of the kitchen to personally congratulate us on our anniversary before making us a plate of home made chocolate chip cookies to take to our room. It is evident why this hotel has high rankings..the service is phenomenal and vert personalized. We will be back.

rodneytbond007,

Congratulations again on your 10 year anniversary. It was awesome that your husband surprised you for your birthday with a stay here at Hotel Palomar. We really love making our guests feel special on birthdays and anniversaries.

You are welcome to your enjoy yourself here anytime with your Hotel Palomar friends.

Happy Holidays

Wendell B.

Been to Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!