“Great Service, Location and Setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Philly Sports Package
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Service, Location and Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

For my birthday weekend, I reserved a room at Palomar Hotel. It was a blast. The overnight parking with unlimited in/out in a city is rare and the first set of great news upon arriving. They took my luggage, and gave me free drink tickets while the final touches were but on my room. The complimentary wine, truffle popcorn, and slice of chocolate cake made my check-in fantastic, and the room was amazing. The staff was friendly and helpful. On the day of my check-out, they held my luggage in storage while I strolled the local shops and had brunch. I can only hope that other Kimpton Hotels are as great as this one, since I am now a convert!

Room Tip: The higher floors have a the best view. I stayed on the 23rd floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Shakesheare4,

We are glad that you had a blast for your birthday weekend. Our staff really enjoys helping our guest celebrate birthday and special occasions.

Please come back and visit us again real soon.

Happy Holidays!

Wendell B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
M
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at the Hotel Palomar in Philly. The reception area was very warm and hospitable they were allowing guests to take pictures with Santa and their pets…..oh how very much Kimpton. At checkin Naeema was just the cutest most friendly welcome I had in long time. The room was comfortable and I am guessing Sheryl Rowely designed the room the details were great. We were there only one noight but worth it for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
dschl,

Thanks for choosing Hotel Palomar for your short but sweet visit. We would love to have you back and this time please stay longer with us.

Hockessin, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Palomar with my husband for a last-minute overnight getaway (best rate was through hotel website) and was pleasantly surprised at how great the experience was. From beginning to end, the staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to meet our needs or offer assistance. Probably the best/warmest service we have ever experienced at a hotel and we travel several times a year. The genuineness of the staff really was special and you can tell service is a priority to management. The Hotel Paolmar is also green, beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, and located one block from Rittenhouse Square- what more could you ask for? We enjoyed appetizers/drinks in the bar and Sunday brunch at Square- again service and food were terrific. Bedding was super comfortable, shower head was great and mini bar was well stocked. They will bring you anything you forget to pack from an amazingly inclusively long list (all complimentary). Highly recommend this hotel in Philly- we will definitely be back and will stay at other Kimpton hotels in the future. Thanks, Hotel Palomar, for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Join the free loyalty program for great perks- free wi-fi, newspaper, mini bar credit, etc!
warmweathergirl1,

I am thrilled that you and your husband chose to stay with us for your last minute overnight getaway. I am even more thrilled to know that our team took great care of you during your stay with us. We really love making our guest feel special.

Please come back soon for another weekends getaway.

Prince of Perfection
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Great location, nice rooms excellent bathrooms. No hassle at all - would have scored 4 until final breakfast where appalling staff spoiled the experience. Only myself and one other person but the staff's loud personal conversation was more interesting than ensuring I had coffee or juice or my needs were satisfied. Food was also poor.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
weejim,

Thanks for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I will make sure that I share your comments about the restaurant staff with our food and beverage team. We will use the information to learn and improve,

Please come back and visit us again the next time that you are in Philly,

All The Best!

Lower Mainland BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Staff is super helpful and friendly. The building is gorgeous thru and thru. I love the successive gold ring handles of the front glass entry doors, to the Sophisticated 1x2 inch iridescent mosaic tiles in the deep door frames to the bathroom's chic wall papering. Our room had an amazing view over and thru the city buildings. The bathroom was super functional with excellent counter space on its marble top. Also, lots of surfaces in the room proper with 1 foot deep window bays. Makes unpacking and packing clothing combinations easier somehow! Wifi was a bit sluggish. Gym was well equipped. And the neighbourhood is vibrant, safe and has great restaurants and shops every which way.

Room Tip: I think we chose a city view and it was awesome with the fog of the city
Jmbradle,

We are glad that our team made your stay memorable. We really want everyone to feel welcome and have a great time. We like to have you craving for the next chance to stay at Hotel Palomar Philly.

Please come back and visit your Palomar friends real soon.

Master of Creating Memories
Sicklerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just wrapped up a wonderful stay at the hotel Palomar in Center city Philly and it was a great stay. Many, many pros with only 1 con. This was a girls only trip for myself and my 3 college roommates.
Since there was only 1 problem let's get that out of the way. As with any big city Parking is an adventure. It's a 40 charge per night to park at the hotel and retrieving your car takes a minimum of 30 minutes. Now that, that's out of the way. Onto the PROS
1) Location. smack dab in the middle of every thing. HIgh end shopping? Check 1 block on Walnut. More moderate shopping? check few blocks down on Market and Chestnut streets. Restuarants? check. way to many in walking distance to name. Every thing from Philly cheesesteaks to Ruth Chris steak house and every thing in between. Rittenhouse square was a few blocks down and had a lovely park in the middle. Every thing else is a short hop on the bus or very cheap cab ride away.
2) Amenities. Great. nice size fitness room on the fourth floor. room sizes were great. 2 Queens and a nice size bathrom. this comes in handy when traveling with 3 college roommates with enough luggage to supply Cleopatras barge.
Bar was a really nice place to unwind after a long afternoon. Coffe/tea and pastries complimentary between 7 and 10. then they also had a wine tasting nightly at 5.
3)Service and decor. Top knotch. truthfully our stay went so smooth I can't say if the hotel staff is efficient, we never needed them. front desk staff was great. friendly and knowledgable of Philly.
Hotel itself is very pretty. Contemporary with a nod to the historical area. LOL since the Army/Navy game was last weekend, hotel had the bust of ben Franklin in a Go Navy and Go Army shirts.

I plan on becoming a Kimpton rewards member and will definitely seek out their hotels whenever I travel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
eliza39,

Thanks for telling everyone how much of a gem we are in the heart of center city. Our goal is to make all of our guest feel special and want to return as soon as possible.

Please come back and visit us again real soon.

Master Gemologist
Allentown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here on a recent trip to Philly with my husband and had a wonderful time. I can't recommend it enough! We had been upgraded as 'VIPs of the day' to a King Spa suite- (comfortable, spotless, modern and with a bathtub to die for!) and were pleasantly surprised by a wonderful welcome gift in the room, as well as vouchers for free appetizers and drinks in the superb restaurant downstairs. Everything, from the building itself, the room, the people, service, was impeccable. I have stayed in Kimpton hotels in other cities and they would always be my first choice- they really set a standard for other hotels to follow, and the Hotel Palomar in Philly is leading the pack.

Sharon L,

Thanks for letting everyone on Trip Advisor know about your amazing stay here at Hotel Palomar Philly. We are glad that you chose us and we made your stay more enjoyable by making you and your husband our VIP's for the day.

Please come back and see us again real soon.

Wendell B.

Been to Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!