“pristine, trendy and memorable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Philly Sports Package
Ranked #3 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lower Mainland BC
“pristine, trendy and memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Staff is super helpful and friendly. The building is gorgeous thru and thru. I love the successive gold ring handles of the front glass entry doors, to the Sophisticated 1x2 inch iridescent mosaic tiles in the deep door frames to the bathroom's chic wall papering. Our room had an amazing view over and thru the city buildings. The bathroom was super functional with excellent counter space on its marble top. Also, lots of surfaces in the room proper with 1 foot deep window bays. Makes unpacking and packing clothing combinations easier somehow! Wifi was a bit sluggish. Gym was well equipped. And the neighbourhood is vibrant, safe and has great restaurants and shops every which way.

Room Tip: I think we chose a city view and it was awesome with the fog of the city
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Jmbradle,

We are glad that our team made your stay memorable. We really want everyone to feel welcome and have a great time. We like to have you craving for the next chance to stay at Hotel Palomar Philly.

Please come back and visit your Palomar friends real soon.

Master of Creating Memories

1,569 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Sicklerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just wrapped up a wonderful stay at the hotel Palomar in Center city Philly and it was a great stay. Many, many pros with only 1 con. This was a girls only trip for myself and my 3 college roommates.
Since there was only 1 problem let's get that out of the way. As with any big city Parking is an adventure. It's a 40 charge per night to park at the hotel and retrieving your car takes a minimum of 30 minutes. Now that, that's out of the way. Onto the PROS
1) Location. smack dab in the middle of every thing. HIgh end shopping? Check 1 block on Walnut. More moderate shopping? check few blocks down on Market and Chestnut streets. Restuarants? check. way to many in walking distance to name. Every thing from Philly cheesesteaks to Ruth Chris steak house and every thing in between. Rittenhouse square was a few blocks down and had a lovely park in the middle. Every thing else is a short hop on the bus or very cheap cab ride away.
2) Amenities. Great. nice size fitness room on the fourth floor. room sizes were great. 2 Queens and a nice size bathrom. this comes in handy when traveling with 3 college roommates with enough luggage to supply Cleopatras barge.
Bar was a really nice place to unwind after a long afternoon. Coffe/tea and pastries complimentary between 7 and 10. then they also had a wine tasting nightly at 5.
3)Service and decor. Top knotch. truthfully our stay went so smooth I can't say if the hotel staff is efficient, we never needed them. front desk staff was great. friendly and knowledgable of Philly.
Hotel itself is very pretty. Contemporary with a nod to the historical area. LOL since the Army/Navy game was last weekend, hotel had the bust of ben Franklin in a Go Navy and Go Army shirts.

I plan on becoming a Kimpton rewards member and will definitely seek out their hotels whenever I travel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
eliza39,

Thanks for telling everyone how much of a gem we are in the heart of center city. Our goal is to make all of our guest feel special and want to return as soon as possible.

Please come back and visit us again real soon.

Master Gemologist
Allentown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here on a recent trip to Philly with my husband and had a wonderful time. I can't recommend it enough! We had been upgraded as 'VIPs of the day' to a King Spa suite- (comfortable, spotless, modern and with a bathtub to die for!) and were pleasantly surprised by a wonderful welcome gift in the room, as well as vouchers for free appetizers and drinks in the superb restaurant downstairs. Everything, from the building itself, the room, the people, service, was impeccable. I have stayed in Kimpton hotels in other cities and they would always be my first choice- they really set a standard for other hotels to follow, and the Hotel Palomar in Philly is leading the pack.

Sharon L,

Thanks for letting everyone on Trip Advisor know about your amazing stay here at Hotel Palomar Philly. We are glad that you chose us and we made your stay more enjoyable by making you and your husband our VIP's for the day.

Delaware Beaches
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The palomar feels like a small hotel yet it has 23 floors of rooms. The rooms are small but the service is top notch. My husband left a jacket in our car that we had valet parked. He told the front desk who asked him to have seat in the lobby - he thought she went to get someone to find out where our car was, but 10 minutes later they handed him his jacket! That was unexpected. It feels homey yet is walking distance to some great restaurants, theaters, and shops. We had. Breakfast in the small restaurant and were pleased with an exciting menu. Also, rooms are exceptionally quiet. We were near the elevator but heard nothing all night. No neighbors tvs, no street noise, no elevators or passers by in the hallway. Very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rph001,

We are really proud of the warm intimate atmosphere that our team creates here at Hotel Palomar. Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us. We love to hear feedback from our guests. We always share the information with our staff.

Happy Holidays,

Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at the Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, in Old Town Alexandria earlier this fall. I had never stayed in a Kimpton property so was a little anxious as it was a special weekend for my wife and I. The experience there was absolutely tremendous. So, when we decided to head to Philly for the Army Navy Game (I'm a West Point grad), we looked at the Kimpton hotels there.

I am in Philadelphia often for business and usually stay at the larger chains which are crowded, impersonal and, quite frankly, nothing special. I was looking for "something special" for my wife's first A-N Game (and my first return since I graduated in '79). The Palomar did not disappoint!

The wonderful experience started with our arrival. We were warmly greated by the staff, given an early checkin and a room on the top floor with a great view. It only got better from there as the room was spotless, chic and well-appointed. Plus we were situated in the beautiful Rittenshouse Square area, located in a neighborhood of wonderful restaurants and shops and within walking distance to all of the key sites.

On the day of the game, we walked a few blocks to the Broad Street subway. Within minutes (literally), we are at the stadium. Although my Army Team lost (again), afterwards we were on the subway again and back at our warm and inviting hotel within 15 minutes of leaving the stadium. We walked down the street, had a great dinner at one of the many local restaurants (a wonderful Italian steakhouse) and then came back to the very cordial hotel bar for a nightcap.

I was a little worried about the night ahead as there were lots of fellow grads from both Army (and that other school...) at our hotel who were obviously going to be out late. The good news - the hotel is soundproof... literally... as while we could hear the returning late night reverlers pass our room in the wee hours, they were totally quiet once once they entered their rooms. Perfect!

We arose the next morning and the staff had coffee and kuchen in the lobby while we awaited our ride to the airport. A mistake on our bill was corrected without question, we were given a warm farewell and a genuine "can't wait to have you come back" and on our way to the airport where we arrived in only 15 minutes!

Great experience, great staff, great facility and great location. I am very critical... but the Palomar gets 5 stars!!! Great job, guys! I'll be back.

Kurt G,

Thank you for your 5 star review on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you and your wife chose Hotel Palomar Philly for your trip to watch the Army/Navy game.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my first visit to this Kimpton hotel in Phillie which opened three years ago ---- but I hope not my last
Everything was top notch. I arrived around noon on a Saturday and my room was ready. The woman who checked me in could not have been nicer. The room was a lovely size with sweeping views of downtown Phillie. I then went to the comfortable yet hip and attractive lobby to wait for my friend and availed myself of the free hot chocolate and one or the five toppings. Later in the afternoon was the free wine, and of course in the morning was the free coffee and coffee cake. Also free is the Wi Fi. The room is not a bargain but one doesn't feel nickel and dimed
I would not hesitate to stay again and it will always be my first choice when I return

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dredkins,

Thanks for choosing Hotel Palomar Philly for your recent visit. I have shared your comments with our team. We like to recgonize our team with the good comments provided, and we also use the comments to learn and improve.

Please come on back down to Philly for a visit real soon. We will be waiting for you.

Happy Holidays,

Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Great place in the heart of Center City. Hotel was Beautiful, Warm, and very Clean. The rooms were surprisingly up to date and stylish. The Restaurent and Bar was really nice. Was my wifes birthday and they sent gourmet Cupcakes up to our room as a nice little gift. However the best part was the amazing Staff and how friendly and accomodating they were.

This is my new Philly Hotel for a quick get away and fund.

Frank
New Jersey

Room Tip: Every Room is perfect!
Frank G,

We are so glad that you chose Hotel Palomar for your overnight get away and wife's birthday celebration. Our team likes to help people celebrate those special occasions. You are only a short drive away from Philly so please come back and visit us again very soon.

Wendell B.

Been to Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!