“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Announcement
Hosted Wine Hour
Ranked #3 of 83 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Allentown, PA
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here on a recent trip to Philly with my husband and had a wonderful time. I can't recommend it enough! We had been upgraded as 'VIPs of the day' to a King Spa suite- (comfortable, spotless, modern and with a bathtub to die for!) and were pleasantly surprised by a wonderful welcome gift in the room, as well as vouchers for free appetizers and drinks in the superb restaurant downstairs. Everything, from the building itself, the room, the people, service, was impeccable. I have stayed in Kimpton hotels in other cities and they would always be my first choice- they really set a standard for other hotels to follow, and the Hotel Palomar in Philly is leading the pack.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Sharon L,

Thanks for letting everyone on Trip Advisor know about your amazing stay here at Hotel Palomar Philly. We are glad that you chose us and we made your stay more enjoyable by making you and your husband our VIP's for the day.

1,550 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Delaware Beaches
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The palomar feels like a small hotel yet it has 23 floors of rooms. The rooms are small but the service is top notch. My husband left a jacket in our car that we had valet parked. He told the front desk who asked him to have seat in the lobby - he thought she went to get someone to find out where our car was, but 10 minutes later they handed him his jacket! That was unexpected. It feels homey yet is walking distance to some great restaurants, theaters, and shops. We had. Breakfast in the small restaurant and were pleased with an exciting menu. Also, rooms are exceptionally quiet. We were near the elevator but heard nothing all night. No neighbors tvs, no street noise, no elevators or passers by in the hallway. Very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rph001,

We are really proud of the warm intimate atmosphere that our team creates here at Hotel Palomar. Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us. We love to hear feedback from our guests. We always share the information with our staff.

Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at the Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, in Old Town Alexandria earlier this fall. I had never stayed in a Kimpton property so was a little anxious as it was a special weekend for my wife and I. The experience there was absolutely tremendous. So, when we decided to head to Philly for the Army Navy Game (I'm a West Point grad), we looked at the Kimpton hotels there.

I am in Philadelphia often for business and usually stay at the larger chains which are crowded, impersonal and, quite frankly, nothing special. I was looking for "something special" for my wife's first A-N Game (and my first return since I graduated in '79). The Palomar did not disappoint!

The wonderful experience started with our arrival. We were warmly greated by the staff, given an early checkin and a room on the top floor with a great view. It only got better from there as the room was spotless, chic and well-appointed. Plus we were situated in the beautiful Rittenshouse Square area, located in a neighborhood of wonderful restaurants and shops and within walking distance to all of the key sites.

On the day of the game, we walked a few blocks to the Broad Street subway. Within minutes (literally), we are at the stadium. Although my Army Team lost (again), afterwards we were on the subway again and back at our warm and inviting hotel within 15 minutes of leaving the stadium. We walked down the street, had a great dinner at one of the many local restaurants (a wonderful Italian steakhouse) and then came back to the very cordial hotel bar for a nightcap.

I was a little worried about the night ahead as there were lots of fellow grads from both Army (and that other school...) at our hotel who were obviously going to be out late. The good news - the hotel is soundproof... literally... as while we could hear the returning late night reverlers pass our room in the wee hours, they were totally quiet once once they entered their rooms. Perfect!

We arose the next morning and the staff had coffee and kuchen in the lobby while we awaited our ride to the airport. A mistake on our bill was corrected without question, we were given a warm farewell and a genuine "can't wait to have you come back" and on our way to the airport where we arrived in only 15 minutes!

Great experience, great staff, great facility and great location. I am very critical... but the Palomar gets 5 stars!!! Great job, guys! I'll be back.

Kurt G,

Thank you for your 5 star review on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you and your wife chose Hotel Palomar Philly for your trip to watch the Army/Navy game.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my first visit to this Kimpton hotel in Phillie which opened three years ago ---- but I hope not my last
Everything was top notch. I arrived around noon on a Saturday and my room was ready. The woman who checked me in could not have been nicer. The room was a lovely size with sweeping views of downtown Phillie. I then went to the comfortable yet hip and attractive lobby to wait for my friend and availed myself of the free hot chocolate and one or the five toppings. Later in the afternoon was the free wine, and of course in the morning was the free coffee and coffee cake. Also free is the Wi Fi. The room is not a bargain but one doesn't feel nickel and dimed
I would not hesitate to stay again and it will always be my first choice when I return

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dredkins,

Thanks for choosing Hotel Palomar Philly for your recent visit. I have shared your comments with our team. We like to recgonize our team with the good comments provided, and we also use the comments to learn and improve.

Please come on back down to Philly for a visit real soon. We will be waiting for you.

Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Great place in the heart of Center City. Hotel was Beautiful, Warm, and very Clean. The rooms were surprisingly up to date and stylish. The Restaurent and Bar was really nice. Was my wifes birthday and they sent gourmet Cupcakes up to our room as a nice little gift. However the best part was the amazing Staff and how friendly and accomodating they were.

This is my new Philly Hotel for a quick get away and fund.

Frank
New Jersey

Room Tip: Every Room is perfect!
Frank G,

We are so glad that you chose Hotel Palomar for your overnight get away and wife's birthday celebration. Our team likes to help people celebrate those special occasions. You are only a short drive away from Philly so please come back and visit us again very soon.

Sedona, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was in town for meetings for two days and when I took a look at Trip Advisor, I saw that the Palomar was rated the number 1 hotel in Philly. I decided to give it a try and am very glad that I did. It was right in the neighborhood of the meeting venues, so I could easily walk to all of my meetings.

Almost all of the staff that I interacted went out of their way to be friendly and helpful, the room was bright and well laid out, with lots of extra nice touches - like their fun, animal print robes. The bed was very comfortable, and after my last few trips where half of the bed was sagging, this was incredibly welcome!

The Palomar is a green hotel and they actually seem to mean what they say. At this hotel they actually honor the "linens hanging on the towel bar will not be exchanged" policy that many hotels say they have adopted, but the housekeeping staff routinely ignores. The shower was still very good, even though it featured a low-flow fixture.

All in all, it was an exceptional hotel for the price and I would definitely stay there again the next time I had to go to Philly.

Room Tip: I was on a higher floor and didn't have any noise problems, even though I was on a corner of the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Pilisa C.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about on us on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you had a great stay. Our staff really enjoys providing friendly and outgoing service.

Please come back and visit us again real soon.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Philadelphia, and I consider the Palomar to be one of the better hotels within the center city district. Like all Kimpton Hotels, it has its own unique character and lacks the "cookie cutter" design of so many hotel chains. The Palomar is a combination of clean, modern design which has been retrofitted into the historic, art deco architect's building.

I found my guest room clean and well designed. The bathrooms, too, are clean, modern and relatively spacious. The staff at the hotel are attentive and upbeat. The Kimpton has a small but quite acceptable restaurant.

On the negative side, the elevators can be very slow during peak periods (but while you're waiting take the time to look up and around at the great design). Also the lobby can get busy at times and you'll feel a bit cramped. But having said that, I believe the Palomar to be on of Philly's top hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Skelt440,

Thanks so much for your kind remarks, I have shared them with our staff. We enjoy working here just as much as the guests enjoy staying here.

Please come back again soon to stay with us.

Wendell B.

Been to Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!