“Overnight Get Away!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Parking Package
Ranked #3 of 84 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Marlton, New Jersey
“Overnight Get Away!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Great place in the heart of Center City. Hotel was Beautiful, Warm, and very Clean. The rooms were surprisingly up to date and stylish. The Restaurent and Bar was really nice. Was my wifes birthday and they sent gourmet Cupcakes up to our room as a nice little gift. However the best part was the amazing Staff and how friendly and accomodating they were.

This is my new Philly Hotel for a quick get away and fund.

Frank
New Jersey

Room Tip: Every Room is perfect!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Frank G,

We are so glad that you chose Hotel Palomar for your overnight get away and wife's birthday celebration. Our team likes to help people celebrate those special occasions. You are only a short drive away from Philly so please come back and visit us again very soon.

Happy Holidays

1,453 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Sedona, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was in town for meetings for two days and when I took a look at Trip Advisor, I saw that the Palomar was rated the number 1 hotel in Philly. I decided to give it a try and am very glad that I did. It was right in the neighborhood of the meeting venues, so I could easily walk to all of my meetings.

Almost all of the staff that I interacted went out of their way to be friendly and helpful, the room was bright and well laid out, with lots of extra nice touches - like their fun, animal print robes. The bed was very comfortable, and after my last few trips where half of the bed was sagging, this was incredibly welcome!

The Palomar is a green hotel and they actually seem to mean what they say. At this hotel they actually honor the "linens hanging on the towel bar will not be exchanged" policy that many hotels say they have adopted, but the housekeeping staff routinely ignores. The shower was still very good, even though it featured a low-flow fixture.

All in all, it was an exceptional hotel for the price and I would definitely stay there again the next time I had to go to Philly.

Room Tip: I was on a higher floor and didn't have any noise problems, even though I was on a corner of the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Pilisa C.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about on us on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you had a great stay. Our staff really enjoys providing friendly and outgoing service.

Please come back and visit us again real soon.

Happy Holidays,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Philadelphia, and I consider the Palomar to be one of the better hotels within the center city district. Like all Kimpton Hotels, it has its own unique character and lacks the "cookie cutter" design of so many hotel chains. The Palomar is a combination of clean, modern design which has been retrofitted into the historic, art deco architect's building.

I found my guest room clean and well designed. The bathrooms, too, are clean, modern and relatively spacious. The staff at the hotel are attentive and upbeat. The Kimpton has a small but quite acceptable restaurant.

On the negative side, the elevators can be very slow during peak periods (but while you're waiting take the time to look up and around at the great design). Also the lobby can get busy at times and you'll feel a bit cramped. But having said that, I believe the Palomar to be on of Philly's top hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Skelt440,

Thanks so much for your kind remarks, I have shared them with our staff. We enjoy working here just as much as the guests enjoy staying here.

Please come back again soon to stay with us.

Happy Holidays,

State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I can't say enough how great the Hotel Palomar is in Philadelphia. Ihave stayed at this hotel many times because you just could not ask for a better hotel experience. The look of the hotel from the lobby to the rooms is excellent, definitely not your typical hotel look. The Palomar is unique in all the best ways. The staff are all top notch! They are very helpful and always kind! I would definitely recommend staying at the Palomar while in Philadelphia as you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
StateCollegegirl,

Thanks for loving us and being a Big Kimpton fan. We love you right back. I will make sure that I let the staff know that you recognized them as being top notch. We aim to please. Come back and see us again real soon. We have some great offers and features during our Winter Campaign.

Have a Fantastic Holiday Season!

Capt Fantastic
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

For my spouse's birthday, I decided to take her into Philly to see a show at the Academy of Music. I searched the web for a hotel near the theater and was delighted to discover a Kimpton hotel (the Palomar) three blocks away. My several previous Kimpton experiences have been excellent and our stay at the Palomar continued to impress. ALL of the staff were fantastic - the doorman (Darrin), valet guys, front-desk staff, the folks who managed the evening wine reception....unbelievably friendly, welcoming, and attentive. We also had supper in the attached restaurant (1682) and received the same awesome service there. In fact, the maitre 'd knew we were going to see a show and made sure the wait staff were aware of our time constraints. Service was prompt and friendly, and they reiterated that they wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to walk to the theater.

As with all Kimpton hotels, the decor was marvelous. There is plenty of comfortable seating around the fireplace in the lobby area, which added a nice ambience to the evening wine reception. The room was also nicely decorated, so much so that I forgot we were in a hotel! If you're tired of the place-product packaging on which most hotel chains have made their reputations, the Palomar was a nice breath of fresh air.

If you want a special experience when you visit Philadelphia, make your reservation at the Hotel Palomar, The facility and its wonderful staff will not disappoint.

Room Tip: We had a queen room with a city view on the 12th floor. Didn't offer a panoramic view of downto...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
wabu715,

We are elated that you chose Hotel Palomar Philly to help celebrate your spouse's birthday. Our team enjoys helping our guest celebrate those special occasions. We are looking forward to having you back real soon. Please book one of our King Spa Rooms to celebrate your next special occasion.

Wizard of Wonderful
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

If you read my reviews, you know I'm a loyal Kimpton fan and a dedicated Inner Circle member. Once again, Kimpton delivers in service, location, ambiance, decor, food, and more.

I stayed at the Palomar the night before I ran the Philadelphia Marathon. The check-in was inviting and quick, and as a perk the concierge handed me a course map for the marathon. I arrived at my room and was thrilled, of course, with the furnishings, the beautiful bathroom and three-foot-deep jetted tub. What a perfect place to spend the evening before a 26.2 mile run!

As a bonus, the Palomar hosted a runners-only complimentary breakfast in the lobby, beginning at 5am. It was a runner's delight: bagels with peanut butter and jelly, pastries, bananas, oatmeal, cereal, and more...all the carbs we needed to prepare for the race. Plus, of course, the most essential element before a race: coffee.

After the race I came back to the hotel and was given a late checkout, so I could shower before making the drive back to Washington, DC. From start to finish, this was an excellent experience, and I would tell anyone to stay here above all other hotels in Philadelphia. Thanks Kimpton!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
d_hops,

Congrats on running the Philadelphia Marathon. What an accomplishment. I am so glad that you chose to stay with us to get ready for your run. Our team was very excited to host the runners and provide the complimentary breakfast to get you off to a running start.

Washington DC is only a short drive or train ride away so you don't have to wait until next year in November to come back and visit us. Come back and see us real soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was my first stay at a Kimpton hotel and it couldn't have been a better experience. Love the decor and atmosphere! From the friendly staff and the perks of their InTouch progam, I was thoroughly impressed! Having a restaurant attached was also a plus. Great food and drinks. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
caribbeandd_42,

Wow, How exciting that you chose Hotel Palomar Philly as your first Kimpton hotel. I am thrilled that our team made you feel welcome and provided such friendly service that makes you want to stay at Kimpton Hotel whenever you get a chance.

Please come back and stay with us again real soon.

Wendell B.

Been to Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!