“Nice hotel, pleasant staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Philly Sports Package
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Nice hotel, pleasant staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Moved from the Riitenhouse to Palomar on my last visit to Phila. It was a great improvement. It's the staff that makes this hotel, great door men, valets, and restaurant personnel. Nice beds, good sheets, showers etc. It is my hotel for Phila.

• Stayed July 2012
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
CitasDash,

Thanks for making Hotel Palomar your choice for Philly. Our team really enjoys providing that great service that our guests have come to enjoy.

We can't wait for you to come and see you us again the next time you are in Philly,

Wendell B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Montclair
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Had a great stay at the Palomar Hotel. Went for the weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday. Staff was friendly and accomodating. We missed the free wine tasting on our first day by the desk clerk gave us two complimentary drink coupons for the bar plus two more for the birthday girl. Room was clean and comfortable. Room was not large by any means. Check out was a snap and overall would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was city facing; but since we were so low, the building next to us blocked a lot of the vie...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Christopher,

Thanks so much for your trip advisor review. I will make sure that I share your comments with our team members. We really enjoy hearing back from our guest when they have had a great stay.

I am thrilled that you and your wife decided to celebrate her birthday with us. Our team loves to create Kimpton Moments for guest celebrating those special occasions.

Please come back real soon to visit your friends here at Palomar Philly.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Hotel Palomar Philadelphia is BY FAR the best hotel in the city. I have never had such a wonderful experience at a hotel before. My boyfriend and I try to stay at the Palomar every once and a while for special occasions. We became InTouch members right away, and have enjoyed the perks. As a Kimpton InTouch member you get: free wifi, $10 to “Raid the Mini Bar,” free upgrades upon availability, and special deals. Membership is free. My most recent stay at the Palomar far exceeded my expectations. We were staying the night for my birthday, and the staff at the hotel made it so memorable. First off, before I even arrived, I was told I got an upgrade to a king spa room because it was my birthday. A King Spa has a HUGE jacuzzi tub and an amazing shower area. The tub can easily fit two people. On top of that, I found a better rate online from a special Intouch deal, and they ended up lowering my initial rate which was awesome! Upon check in I was given two free drinks at the bar for my birthday, and a piece of cake arrived in my room! In addition, I said Kimpton’s “Secret Word” for summer and was given a bottle of wine! The staff at the hotel, especially the concierge Abby, were wonderful. They made me feel so special and welcomed. In addition, the hotel is in the best area of Philadelphia. You have easy access to the subway, regional rail lines, Rittenhouse Square (1 block) and fantastic walnut/chestnut Street shopping and dining. If you are staying in Philly, YOU MUST stay here at the Palomar. There is no other place.

Room Tip: Absolutely book a King Spa room if you can. It is well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexa D.

Thanks for staying with us and allowing us to help you celebrate your birthday. We really enjoy doing those little extras to make you feel even more special on birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, weddings or anything that you are celebrating.

You mentioned the Jacuzzi tubs in the King Spa rooms. they are awesome. I like it so much that I want one in my home.

Please come back and see us again real soon. You can even make up a special occasion to celebrate and we will be right there with you to help you celebrate.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Booked for 4 nights. Awkward car drop off at front door. Room Ok, small for a suite, dark. Furniture showing wear. Nice TVs, big bathroom. Some staff very attentive, others routinely forgot to follow through on specific requests. Not a bad place at all, but not a luxury experience, either. More likely to book at the Sofitel across the street on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2012
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
DC Translator,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that our team did not wow you. Our goal is to always provide the best service in the industry. I would like to ask that you give us another try and we promise that we won't let you down again.

I would welcome the opprtunity to speak with you by phone. Please call the hotel and ask for me.

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Myself my husband and his 83 year old father stayed at the hotel for 10 days while my mother-in-law underwent serious surgery at Jefferson University Hospital. The hotel accommodated us in rooms close by even though it was short notice, then found another room next door for a couple of nights for my brother in law. This is a busy hotel. But the staff are happy and friendly. Rooms clean, with everything you need. When we checked in and I requested the mini bar in dads room be emptied so that I could fill it with diabetic drinks, no problem it was done immediately. This trip was made so much easier by the staff and comfort of the hotel. For a while it was home from home. Cannot fault this gem. We even found a get well card from the staff in our room once they knew Mom was doing fine. We plan to take her there and show her a good time when she is fully recovered. ( They really were busy they hosted the MLS team while we were there and at least one wedding but never missed a beat ). Thank You from The Lomas Family, Delaware

Room Tip: We had a suite with a double tub, really relaxing room on the 10th floor corner
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sue,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor. We miss seeing you, your husband and "Dad" in the lobby for wine hour.

The entire Palomar team is sending more Get Well Wishes to "Mom" We can't for you to bring her back here so we can spoil her with great service.

Please keep us informed on her recovery and Thanks for allowing us to take care of you while you were in town. You are part of the Palomar family.

Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We are devout Ritz-Carlton fans, but thought we would give Hotel Palomar a try. We were so glad we did! Upon check-in, we were greeted with exceptional customer service. The room was spacious, clean and very well-appointed. I cannot say enough about the convenient location...close to everything (great shopping and restaurants!!!) The wine in the evening was a great touch and the fantastic bar was the icing on the cake! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kimbeegee,

Thank you for deciding to give the Hotel Palomar a try. We truly want to be your first choice when choosing a hotel in Philly. Our team really enjoys making our guest feel welcome and special. Our gaol is to offer the best service in the industry and we will keep raising the bar higher for oursleves.

Please come back and see us again real soon. Wilmington is just a short drive away.

New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I'm a devoted Kimpton hotel fan and will always try to stay at one of their hotels if there is one in the city where I'm traveling. So my choice of Palomar in Philly was really a default, just looked for a good rate. Kimpton is stylish, pet friendly, environmentally friendly, often has reasonable rates and always great service, offers excellent rewards to its In-Touch Kimpton members (like stay 7 nights get 1 free), and has a lot of truly devoted fans. They must be doing something right.
Hotel Palomar in particular is located at the heart of touristy areas and great shopping downtown, close to the subway and lots of restaurants. The views from higher floor rooms are really nice (as nice as they can get in downtown Philadelphia). Very stylish, clean rooms, bath products are top quality. We haven't eaten in the hotel restaurant, but their bar and wine were excellent. Hotel employees are very helpful. They let us do a late check out (like 1:30pm) no problem, no extra charges or remarks. I would certainly stay here again and strongly recommend it and Kimpton hotels in general.

Room Tip: Ask for a pet-free floor if you don't have a pet or travelling without one. For dog owners, this...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendell B, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Tetand,

Thank you for being a loyal Kimpton fan. Our goal is for all our Kimpton guest to love us as much as you do,

We are proud of the relaxed and friendly environment that we create and we love when our guests lets us know that they enjoyed it.

Please keep choosing Kimpton and we especially look forward to having you back at Hotel Palomar Philly.

Wendell B.

Been to Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!