“Excellent Service - Food Good, Too” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Service - Food Good, Too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My granddaughter and I were going to dinner and the theater, but were late getting to the restaurant. When I explained we had to be at the theater before eight, they seated us quickly and assured us they would get us to the show on time. They did. My granddaughter also is on a gluten-free diet, and when the waitress realized she had ordered the only pasta dish that wasn't gluten-free, she immediately brought her another pasta dish which my granddaughter said was the best meal she had eaten since she started the diet. They could have easily let it pass, and she probably wouldn't have known, until much later, that is! I had the pork cutlets with roasted potatoes and broccoli rabe, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will go back when we are not so rushed so I can have dessert and coffee which I missed. It is BYO and there was no charge for opening my little screw-top bottle of wine. Great restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Scrumptious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This place is SMALL, so make sure you call ahead of time and secure a reservation. The noddles are made in house, it's BYOB, and they have great take-out as well. The fresh bread and garlic butter is a nice appetizer before dinner, and the food is incredible quality. I've had their spaghetti and linguine with chicken alfredo - both was delights. I can't wait to go back again and try their desserts!

Visited October 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“a great, small Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Four of us ate there and loved our food. Giorgio interacts with all the customers. Our waitress Nina was really friendly and efficient. The place is packed and a reservation is a must. The food, I would say, is more-or-less Roman.

Visited October 2012
fl.
“Pleasant Neighborhood Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We ate here when we visited Phila. It was walking distance from our hotel and we met friends there for dinner. The food was well prepared, and it's byob, so our Phila. friends brought wine Nice service, attractive and pleasant and fairly priced.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Italian go good I had to go twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We started off with the Grilled Caesar salad. Unlike any salad I've ever had - simple and delicious! My daughter had the homemade Gnocchi - better than the best of San Francisco - amazing with the fresh tomato basil cream sauce! For myself (being of simple mind), I wanted spaghetti and our server suggested that I add the Braised Beef Ragout. It was melt-in-your-mouth tender and delicious! The serving size of each entree was so large that we had plenty to take back to the hotel. I would highly recommend that you mark this one as a "must" on your trip. It was so remarkable that I had to go back again before leaving Philadelphia (though only there for a week). Sure you may want to find a philly cheesesteak on your visit, but you will be missing something very special if you don't stop by this charming, quaint restaurant and relish in some of the best Italian food anywhere! I still crave it and can't wait to return.

• Visited August 2012