“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Telford, Pennsylvania
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel has a great lounge, great bar and nice rooms
Stayed in a suite, very roomy and clean. The location is close to so many attractions and the train station. The valet and bell hops were very helpful in helping us find a cab, too.

Room Tip: good location in the city.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

737 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Trendy Starwood property in great location in Philadelphia. The rooms are smaller but very nice. Hotel staff is very friendy and has improved over my previous stay last year. The lobby bar is a very nice space.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed two night in this hotel in march. The location of the hotel is perfect. It is just across the Love Park. We did not use metro or other transportation during our stay to visit major attractions of the city (we have a 4 years old son). The rooms are designed modern. The lobby is cool. We were given a room facing inside of the hotel. So no sunshine, no view from the window. I felt gloomy. In my opinion, the rooms were not cleaned well. The carpet was dirty and there was lipstick stains on the glasses! Since my first priority is hygiene, I am not totally satisfied with my stay. 4 star hotel should make it better.

Room Tip: ask reception for a outside facing room. Otherwise, the rooms are dark, gloomy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is fantastic the rooms are modern and clean, staff is friendly and the location is perfect especially if in Philadelphia for a conference at the convention centre. I was especially impressed with the recognition of my gold status, I always ask for an upgrade and normally the hotels say they have nothing available or don't participate. This hotel not only gave me the upgraded room and welcome gift but they also checked every night to make sure my stay was going well. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Thanks Le Meridien for a great experience!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor facing the outside instead of the court yard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Very Impressed,

Thank you for the 5 star review! I am delighted you were able to enjoy our fantastic modern, clean rooms and the hospitality of our associates. We do not always have the opportunity to upgrade our SPG guests and it really is pleasure when we have that luxury to share.

I appreciate your business and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again when you return to Philadelphia.

Safe travels,
Evan
Evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the Le Meridien Philadelphia for my niece's wedding. Le Meridien has a beautiful decor, warm and friendly. The hotel is small and personal and the staff are extremely accommodating. The food at the restaurant was delish and the presentation was beautiful. My hat's off for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place was a filth hole. A dark, dated and dirty Lobby Greet the guests with a dirty shower, sheets, towels, mirrors and sink in the room. The room has cheap plastic cups and the amenities are so small that I could barely wash my half bald head with the shampoo. The room had paper thin walls with doors that rattle every time another door is opened. The cleaning staff will just walk in without knocking, so lock the doors. The concierge was the front desk personnel. Polite but not trained to answer questions. Parking is an additional $48 per night and they double billed me. Stay at the Marriott around the corner. It is newer and clean but still the same staff issues.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Truthful,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. I do apologize that your room was in that condition. I can assure you that was unique and certainly does not meet our standards or expectations. I wish we could have had the opportunity to remedy it while you were still our guest. I would appreciate if you would contact me directly with your dates of stay and room number so I can personally inspect the room and have the appropriate dialogue with our associates. I also want to review our issues with the noise and disruptions.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again and earn your respect for our commitment to excellence. Clearly we missed it on this last visit. I look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,
Evan
Evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Le Meridien is a Starwood property, and the brand has French origins. The hotel is stylish and modern, but kept some of the old touches of the faux Georgian building that now houses the hotel. We were here for one night, and the staff was helpful and friendly. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but it is an interestingly designed hotel bar/restaurant with communal tables. On a Saturday night it was surprisingly empty, so whatever buzz this place might have had must be gone. The room was modern with comfortable beds and pleasant wood and lacquer furnishings. It was also very, very small, smaller than a room in Philadelphia should be, and stuffy to boot. In New York City, rooms are often this small, but elsewhere it just seems stingy. My real problem with Le Meridien is its location, a block off City Hall and close to the Broad Street entrance of the convention center. However, there are no restaurants or attractions in the surrounding blocks, and the establishments that share the hotel's block are all pretty dingy. If you're going to open a nice hotel, put it somewhere that MATTERS, or where visitors would be pleased to roam. Le Meridien has a lot going for it, but unless I had business at City Hall or had to be at the convention center at 8:30 a.m., I'd pick another neighborhood. Come on Philadelphia, make the Broad Street North area worthy of this hotel. Bring some life to this dirty construction site of a a neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Le Meridien Philadelphia? Share your experiences!