“Quick and pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1421 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102   |
Ranked #32 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Quick and pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently stayed at Le Meridien in Philadelphia with my teenage daughter while visiting college campuses. We enjoyed our one night at the hotel and found it very Euro-modern (exactly what my teenage daughter loves.) The entire look and feel of the hotel reminded us of being in Europe with unusual layout, design, lighting, and mood. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The beds had luxurious linens, down pillows, and a pillow-top mattress. The bathroom was large with a decent shower, marble-top sink, and fluffy towels. At the time, there was a lot of construction going on next door, not the hotel's fault, but rather noisy at 7AM. The staff was very friendly and provided us with several dinner recommendations and tourist site directions. We did have a mishap at check out; another guest's bag was erroneously placed in our car. Unfortunately, I did not see it until after we drove home. I was a little surprised that it took the hotel three days to get back to me with instructions on where to ship the bag, even though I had called as soon as I arrived home and discovered it. In spite of that, I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room that does not face the construction zone next door!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a fabulous stay at this lovely hotel. From the moment we arrived after a long day we felt very welcome. The valet was super professional and I feel that the $38 fee was worth it based upon the fact that we were able to leave our car for 24 hours (with in and out privledges). The check in was a breeze and they honored our request for a room with a view of the City Hall. The room was spacious and the bathroom was immaculate with great lighting. The mini bar was well stocked and we loved the comfy robes. Our bed's were super comfy with great pillows. We loved the contrast of the modern decor with the historical surroundings and architecture. Finally, the breakfast was absolutely delicious! I highly recommend this hotel and would stay again for sure!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of City Hall if possible!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our room was surprisingly ill-equipped for an expensive hotel. The amenities were much more typical of a budget hotel. Our room had 2 double beds to accommodate me, my husband, and my teenage daughter. Problem was there was no chair to sit in and only one large light between the two beds (thus impossible to read before bed without keeping everyone else awake). Our mattress sagged deeply in the middle. I found myself longing for a good old Marriott bed. The bathroom had only the bare necessities. There was a magnified hand mirror, but it was broken. I expected more from the Meridien chain. At least if they are going to act like a budget hotel they could have provided free wi-fi as most of the budget chains do.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Glendale, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had occasion to travel to Philadelphia many times in the last year for business, and Le Meridien was easily my favorite hotel in the area. The entire hotel is decorated very well, and the service I received was above average. The hotel has a "boutique style" feel, and the individual rooms are very nice. Visitors should be aware that this is not a typical "chain style" hotel with cookie-cutter decor and room design; rather, the rooms are a little smaller but very comfortable, and the hotel features artistic and modern designs and features. The workout room was amazing for this style of hotel, and everything I needed/wanted to visit was within walking distance. I have also stayed at the Latham Hotel which is comparable in style, but I liked the design and "feel" of Le Meridien much more.

Room Tip: Great workout facility on lower level if that is your thing.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The name of the hotel is the nicest thing about it. Here is a road map. Lug your own case up the steps to the door, and find yourself in a bar. Go around the corner to your left to find the reception desk and the one or two staff members who are attending to the entire hotel. You'll find the rooms are spare, "cheap chic" and could be cleaner (stained pillow cases?) The fitness center is uninspiring. Don't expect extra amenities. From the teen-age boys that act as valet, concierge, and doormen, to the sparse front desk staff, the service is uniformly polite but disinterested. You can do better--this is NOT as good as the other TripAdvisor 4 star hotels I have tried.

Room Tip: Atrium-facing rooms are very clearly visible to one another. You'll need to keep your shades do...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
East Norriton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here on a last minute deal though Hotel Tonite. Very clean, very nice place with interesting character. It appears to be two buildings that were enclosed recently. The lobby/bar area is a nice place to have a drink and relax. The location is not bad but on a cold night a cab ride was required to get anywhere because most places (Restaurants, bars etc.) are going to be more than a few blocks away. The room we stayed in had no sunlight hitting it at all because it was blocked by the second building and enclosure overhead joining to two buildings. It was not a deterrent, just was interesting waking up in the dark at 8am. Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
adam-ski70
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

we were checked in on stand-by for the Saturday night and repeated calls to the front deck went unanswered so very nice people at Star-wood central reservations booked us at Sheraton Hotel . for the second night Le Meridien had vacancy and the same nice and very professional people booked us in . upon check-in I discovered why no one answers the phone - ONE person at the register desk on duty , doing check ins / baggage /and special request ! Bar was great and breakfast first rate but the front desk unmitigated disaster and this is saying that under the duress that person was very nice and helpful but mind you just one person ??? this can not be tolerated by the management , also I needed to print something and none of the printers in business center on the 5th floor worked :( Room was great on the 10th floor, hotel location even better . will come back if only someone picks up the phone .....

Room Tip: go for the top floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Le Meridien Philadelphia? Share your experiences!